MOU's!!! - Memorandum Of Understanding

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We Do NOT get Free Health Care.
It is part of your wages and it is taken out before it hits your paycheck.
Well until this year, and what might be coming from Obama Care.
My healthcare was reported on my W2 this year.

It is not part of your wages.
It is part of your compensation.

If were part of your wages, it will show up on your W-2 under wages and you would have to pay taxes on it.
Be careful what you ask for!

stink219

Did all you NO voters read the Memorandum Of Understanding for each article? I'm sure you will vote yes now.

MOU's aren't worth the paper they are written on. They may or may not happen. You know this so WTF.
MOU's are the intent of language. Of course you would discredit them. I know, if people read the MOU's then how can you, Paff and the rest of your union dividers put the fear in people's minds?

We Do NOT get Free Health Care.
It is part of your wages and it is taken out before it hits your paycheck.
Well until this year, and what might be coming from Obama Care.
My healthcare was reported on my W2 this year.
Well if its voted yes. Not only it will be part of your compensation, it will come out of your pocket as well and with a low wage increases. Crap contract across the broad plan and simple.

smart girl

My understanding of MOU's are they were most likely established in the late 80's or early 90's. They are not part of the Contract and usually part of a Local's Supplemental. They become established in a contract term when something of interest to both parties can be agreed on which don't necessarily need the IBT or memberships approval. They rarely affect many or monies. I know some EBoards inherit them when Elected and don't address them or change them unless violations occur or the IBT establishes new term which is in conflict. I believe this is how it goes but I don't pretend to know it to be fact.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My understanding of MOU's are they were most likely established in the late 80's or early 90's. They are not part of the Contract and usually part of a Local's Supplemental. They become established in a contract term when something of interest to both parties can be agreed on which don't necessarily need the IBT or memberships approval. They rarely affect many or monies. I know some EBoards inherit them when Elected and don't address them or change them unless violations occur or the IBT establishes new term which is in conflict. I believe this is how it goes but I don't pretend to know it to be fact.

​Are you sure about this?

quamba 638

Spread the word around the hubs. Connect with fellow employees. Let them know the changes that are being proposed. Tell them to keep an eye in their mailbox. Spread the word! Vote no!

ups clerk

Re: MOU's!!!

Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. 4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Pension was increased for CS. Retired health is now the same as ours.
Raises being diverted are at $0.35 max which need to be voted on by members.
Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I haven't researched the changes in its entirety.

Highest paid part timers? Not at the end of the contract. They will be under minimum wage. You have GOT to be a supervisor or manager.

rpoz11

As I see it, the MOU is only an extension in time, to allow for a group to negotiate an extra consession, or addition.
Its just a process provided, in this case, to a Region contesting language present in the agreement.
There is NO exact poof that the MOU will provide anything more than what has been presented.
It COULD possibly result favorably for those having it.
It is all here-say right now.
Let's see what occurs in the Regions who have these MOU's.

RealPerson

It is not part of your wages.
It is part of your compensation.

If were part of your wages, it will show up on your W-2 under wages and you would have to pay taxes on it.
Be careful what you ask for!

WOW, you should get out more.

I have to use this and the amount that UPS pays for several things and it WAS included in my wages for these things.

It is NOW on my W2, Oh and give it time...

It is a compensation of $17 dollars an hour (not sure what part is health and pension), but YES it is just like getting paid that.

Quit Fing twisting crap. If it wasn't a Compensation, and considered part of my PAY, I wouldn't work there.

Hey the $5 gas cards UPS gave me were considered income... They were told that the free pop in the pop machine years ago would also be considered income... HUMM I didn't pay for my gas or the pop or the insurance...

Please stop trying to name something different.

You prob are right with the Union on we are Not paying a DIME for Insurance.. Oh they meant up front, just Because I have to pay it all in the backend and less coverage, it isn't a dime out of my check...

GTFO

RealPerson

Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. 4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Pension was increased for CS. Retired health is now the same as ours.
Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I haven't researched the changes in its entirety.

$10 an hour is Highest Paid??? Or i s it $10.50 Either way NO.. UPSERS do Double the work of Fedex, and others.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
WOW, you should get out more.

I have to use this and the amount that UPS pays for several things and it WAS included in my wages for these things.

It is NOW on my W2, Oh and give it time...

It is a compensation of $17 dollars an hour (not sure what part is health and pension), but YES it is just like getting paid that.

Quit Fing twisting crap. If it wasn't a Compensation, and considered part of my PAY, I wouldn't work there.

Hey the $5 gas cards UPS gave me were considered income... They were told that the free pop in the pop machine years ago would also be considered income... HUMM I didn't pay for my gas or the pop or the insurance...

Please stop trying to name something different.

You prob are right with the Union on we are Not paying a DIME for Insurance.. Oh they meant up front, just Because I have to pay it all in the backend and less coverage, it isn't a dime out of my check...

GTFO

I don't know if you are really this ignorant or if you or trying to cover up your posting of wrong information.
I will assume you are just ignorant and I will explain it one more time but slowly (actually you need to read it slowly).

Wages are reported in Box 1 of your W-2. It is not reported anywhere else.
The cost of employer-sponsored health coverage is reported as item DD in Box 12c of your W-2. The amount reported with code DD is not taxable.
You do not have to report this anywhere else.
There is much conjecture that this will be taxed at some point in the future but that time has not arrived yet.
Furthermore, this amount was not included in your wages. If you did so, then you are paying additional taxes that you do not owe and I'm sure Obama thanks you.

Future posts by you should be considered extremely suspect by others here on Brown Cafe after this debacle on your part.
If you were drunk or otherwise inhibited, you should post to that effect so you can regain some measure of respect from the members on Brown Cafe.

Sleep it off.

frateshkr

Hoaxster and Realperson are both right but they are holding an apple and an orange. They describe what they see but don't agree that both are round. It's a wonder we all live in the same world and work for the same company, but cannot agree on how to grow the company while also rewarding the efforts that made it happen. Jim Casey had the answer in 1929 but in my opinion it got buried with him. What a shame.

stink219

$10 an hour is Highest Paid??? Or i s it $10.50 Either way NO.. UPSERS do Double the work of Fedex, and others.
Get a 4 year UPSer and FedExer calculate total compensation and you will see. I didn't say highest starting wage.

dialup

I don't know if you are really this ignorant or if you or trying to cover up your posting of wrong information.
I will assume you are just ignorant and I will explain it one more time but slowly (actually you need to read it slowly).

The cost of employer-sponsored health coverage is reported as item DD in Box 12c of your W-2. The amount reported with code DD is not taxable.
There is much conjecture that this will be taxed at some point in the future but that time has not arrived yet.
Furthermore, this amount was not included in your wages. If you did so, then you are paying additional taxes that you do not owe and I'm sure Obama thanks you.

Future posts by you should be considered extremely suspect by others here on Brown Cafe after this debacle on your part.
If you were drunk or otherwise inhibited, you should post to that effect so you can regain some measure of respect from the members on Brown Cafe.

Sleep it off.

Why are you STILL posting here after you supposedly retired?You just like it? Or is your life so hollow that the only joy you get is from trolling a UPS employee forum during contract time? You didn't do any of the work that the vast majority of UPSERS do: move packages from point A to point B.

You are some IE nerd, who claims that he used to drive/pt, really hard to believe, and even if true...

I agree with the other guy: GTFO management.

smart girl

Thank you that is somewhere along the understanding I have. But I could be wrong. I know that when the 150 lb
limit was produced by Parcel after our one contract ( which Parcel swore would not happen) we had to draw up an understanding of procedure to move these packages. Now there is clear language but who actually takes the precaution
in moving these pkgs? I do and it does add to some interesting expletives from bosses because I will never have a customer have to help, what if they are injured?

Brown_Star

Methods Man

According to you vote "yes" but can't & won't speak on health care. Quite simple for me
and my family ...Vote NO!

RealPerson

Sleep it off.

I know what is REPORTED NOW and what boxes are what.
Talking about future OBAMA

You know when I started we worked for the BENEFITS ONLY.

Stop your Shlt....

You are Not going to convince anyone that I am someone else. You are the Plant for the company, you are the one not looking out for people.

LOGIC coming wait for it

If I was For the Company I would be saying Vote yes, but NO I am Saying VOTE NO

I am for starting wages to be $14-$18 an hour, would this help me? Nope I have been there 18 years... (I am still Part time) Wait for it For the Benefits.
I donate my entire check several times a year to other UPSERS that need help or different causes they are supporting.

stink219

Highest paid part timers? Not at the end of the contract. They will be under minimum wage. You have GOT to be a supervisor or manager.
what will the minimum wage be? All I hear is crying. How many other PT jobs are there that offer health and pension? And I'm still waiting on what will be satisfactory for everyone? Can you please answer. What will a contract look like that would elicit a 100% yes vote?