move me

959Nanook

15 routes... we have a driver sort and load as do all of the Extended Centers in Alaska of which we are the biggest. To be honest, not sure if it is due to size of the Center, that we are an Extended Center, the timing of the Operations, the HR difficulty of employing that many PTers in our labor market, or some combination. Easy money with little responsibility. Dealing with coworkers make it amongst the least preferred of the driver duties for some drivers in the Center.

Yes, I tell myself to "Take 'er back to the barn" sometimes when I finish my last delivery. I think Upstate just wanted an excuse to use "hence" but maybe he really did find it that objectionable.

959Nanook

Correction: 14 bid routes with 13-15 as volume and willingness of management to use the whip and/or of drivers to be whipped with OT dictates. It would be less routes if we didn't have driver sort and load but not as many as one might expect due to business closures at 1700.

JAPRM

Do you pull your packages straight off the belt or do you have one of those systems with the cages and whatnot? I've only seen numbers 1300+ deep into peak.

We still have the system with cages. I don't know if it's harder or easier than pulling the packages straight off the belt, but I will tell you one thing, it's no fun when your 30 cages are rammed packed.

gostillerz

The loader across from me had problems with misloads. His spa labels were 16, 17, 18 with the numbers on the back door. I told my sup to change them to red, white, blue and put a colored sheet of paper for each truck on the back door and one on the bulkhead. It worked out really good.