Moving to management

KoennenTiger

They will fly you out to Arizona for a week to intergrad, which is a week long ups driver school. Almost all drivers have to do that (I didn't). Then when you come back you have to go through a training packet on a training route. You have I think 40 days to manage to run scratch five days in a row.

Just work safely, smoothly, do not get into any accidents or get injured that's an automatic disqualification, always run straight air so if you do have a late air they can't DQ you for running ground with your air, and make sure you deliver all of your air savers before 3pm they can disqualify you for late air savers as well.

Welcome aboard bro! I worked local PD for a few years before starting my ups career in my early thirties. The work is hard, the :censored2: never ends, but the pay is good and the benefits are amazing.

Oh and do take steps to destress and to get your attitude realigned during the day. The stress when you're new is a killer.

Jody43

They will fly you out to Arizona for a week to intergrad, which is a week long ups driver school. Almost all drivers have to do that (I didn't). Then when you come back you have to go through a training packet on a training route. You have I think 40 days to manage to run scratch five days in a row.

Just work safely, smoothly, do not get into any accidents or get injured that's an automatic disqualification, always run straight air so if you do have a late air they can't DQ you for running ground with your air, and make sure you deliver all of your air savers before 3pm they can disqualify you for late air savers as well.

Welcome aboard bro! I worked local PD for a few years before starting my ups career in my early thirties. The work is hard, the :censored2: never ends, but the pay is good and the benefits are amazing.

Oh and do take steps to destress and to get your attitude realigned during the day. The stress when you're new is a killer.
Thank you very informative and I appreciate it. Getting my 5 and 10 studying done now. Pretty much memorized the 5. I’m not going out of state. My hub does it’s own traning here in state.

KoennenTiger

Oh yes do study that stuff they will indeed have you writing it down and saying it out loud over and over and word for exact word. Then after you become a regular driver one of the safety squad will be stopping by you every month so you can say it all out loud again.

Congrats again!

Jody43

Oh yes do study that stuff they will indeed have you writing it down and saying it out loud over and over and word for exact word. Then after you become a regular driver one of the safety squad will be stopping by you every month so you can say it all out loud again.

Congrats again!
Why you leave police?

KoennenTiger

Why you leave police?

Because I got divorced and ended up so depressed I didn't leave my house for a few months. Then didn't want to go back and a bunch of my friends had been UPSers and some had become drivers and they were making bank with good benefits. Figured I might as well give it a go. Now I'm a driver with my own route and I'm pretty much set.

Oh also got myself a new wife a decade younger and thirty pounds thinner than the first one. Funny how life works out.