Moving Up in UPS

jatu2001

Hello everyone,
I am new to the discussion. I have been working for UPS for 7years as an unloader and small sort person. I work in the Cach Hub. I wanted to go out for a driver because I did not want to loose the union. I also was thinking about management. I know I want to stay with UPS I just want a job where I am satisified, but with a good pay. I want to be comfortable and I found out that I am comfortable at UPS just not with the job I have now. Don't get me wrong I like because my sup. is super nice, but I want to do something different. I want to know what else is there to do at UPS? I need some options any suggestions would be nice.

thank you all

Dynomite

If you don't want to lose the union then you should cross management off your list now. In my hub its hard to find a full time position.. You might have a better chance then most since you have seven years, but where I am the full time jobs that are even offered are taken and no one is giving them up anytime soon. I like working here but I feel stuck. I don't think I'm above loading I just wish I could get position above grunt work. Even sorting is close to impossible to get too.

Hello everyone,
I am new to the discussion. I have been working for UPS for 7years as an unloader and small sort person. I work in the Cach Hub. I wanted to go out for a driver because I did not want to loose the union. I also was thinking about management. I know I want to stay with UPS I just want a job where I am satisified, but with a good pay. I want to be comfortable and I found out that I am comfortable at UPS just not with the job I have now. Don't get me wrong I like because my sup. is super nice, but I want to do something different. I want to know what else is there to do at UPS? I need some options any suggestions would be nice.

thank you all

Go over to the Human Resources room and inquire as to putting your name on the driving list. It`s all done by seniority.

How about staying part-time and starting your own business. When I was part-time I had my own landscape thing going on. It was great and I felt a sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt since.

DS

Fenderbender
Hello everyone,
I am new to the discussion. I have been working for UPS for 7years as an unloader and small sort person. I work in the Cach Hub. I wanted to go out for a driver because I did not want to loose the union. I also was thinking about management. I know I want to stay with UPS I just want a job where I am satisified, but with a good pay. I want to be comfortable and I found out that I am comfortable at UPS just not with the job I have now. Don't get me wrong I like because my sup. is super nice, but I want to do something different. I want to know what else is there to do at UPS? I need some options any suggestions would be nice.thank you all

Glad you found the BC
You can learn a lot here
Go to school with ups
go into IE and after 3 or 4 years you will have enough seniority to be a driver.or
go the opposite way and get fat looking at maps from space reducing costs.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If you give me your seniority date and the buildings you prefer to drive out of I can tell you were you would stand in line waiting for a FT driver position.

If you are south you have Harvey, Westmont, Bedford Pk, Jeff st, if you are west to north you have Franklin Pk, Palatine, Addison, North Brook and Waukegan that are all in 705's area. Some buildings are easier to get into than others but you have the right to go to any of these buildings by seniority.

If you give me your seniority date and the buildings you prefer to drive out of I can tell you were you would stand in line waiting for a FT driver position.

If you are south you have Harvey, Westmont, Bedford Pk, Jeff st, if you are west to north you have Franklin Pk, Palatine, Addison, North Brook and Waukegan that are all in 705's area. Some buildings are easier to get into than others but you have the right to go to any of these buildings by seniority.

Nothin but troublemakers come out of Palatine.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hello everyone,

thank you all

sign bid sheets, about the only thing you can do.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hot dog carts seem to be the popular option.

thumbnail.aspx