MT3 is Matthew Thornton III

thedownhillEXPRESS

I guess the fact that Democrat governors in segregated states during the Jim Crow era fought so hard to maintain segregation is a testament to GOP racism. Or that those same states had been dominated by Democrats for years, that was more GOP racism at work. In fact, where Democrats either sought to codify racial segregation, maintain it, or both, that's proof that the GOP is racist.

Put down the pamphlets and go outside every now and then.

I'm outside all day Mister "59 and all on time", not under a desk in Memphis giving knob jobs ..

bbsam

Staff member
I agree that it isn't an accident that we see MT3 either. FedEx is notably devoid of minorities at the top of the food chain, so they trot Matt out as an example of "diversity" when, in fact, there is almost no diversity in the upper echelon. Does anyone know if The Diversity Appeal is still being published? I haven't seen a copy in quite awhile.

Yes, Hanna and I think that is the definition MFE spelled out. So whether the word was used or not, I think that was the idea.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Two gay seniors and a gay ops manager within 75 miles of here and a MD who is bisexual. Two of the four are hard left and three of them have more BZ's than you can shake a stick at. So yes, quite the career killer to not toe the GOP line.

My guess is that they are lesbians, if you just aren't making this up. In my post, I made it clear this was a gay male, not a female, who was shown the door. Lesbians in management seem fairly numerous, so I probably should have clarified my statement. I know of none in upper management positions, however. If these folks are hard Left, they are most assuredly keeping it to themselves.

vantexan

Van is clearly too brain washed by Fox News.
The Republican Party of Lincoln is hardly the Republicans of today, basically it's only the same name.
The South was lost to Democrats as soon as they voted FOR the civil rights act.

The republicans and conservatives during the time as far back as FDR were excorciating Democrats and Roosevelt for a bunch of New Deal programs that they said would give equal rights to blacks.
The leaders of the conservative movement slandered and spread rumors of Eleanor Roosevelt and a Black man(he was her driver).
Read about the republicans and big business alignments of the 1930s fighting the New Deal, they used every race baiting and downright racist language to smear FDR(the leaders of the opposition used the "N" word openly, without regard as to Dems giving the country away to them,sounds awfully familiar to me)
To say the modern day Republican Party is anything but a racist, bigotted organization would be a lie.

B.S. The fact is Democrats use names like Uncle Tom all the time to smear conservative blacks. You must tow the company line or get rode out on a rail. In effect you are saying blacks can't think for themselves, and only white paternalist liberals can take care of them and protect them from evil white conservatives. All designed to get the minority vote. Look at the way Romney was vilified. Was respected as a Republican governor of one of the most liberal states, reaching across the aisle to work with Democrats. And few if any have ever been more qualified to run an economy. But the smear campaign was in full swing. What exactly does the Democrat Party stand for anyways? Sure didn't stand up for the little guy at Express, unless we're talking about small pictures of dead Presidents. When I see true reform instead of an ever increasing tab to make constituents happy I'll believe. By the way, check your history. Lincoln was as fiscally conservative as any. Roosevelt interred Japanese-Americans. And most of the wars we've fought in the last 100 years were entered by Dem Presidents.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
B.S. The fact is Democrats use names like Uncle Tom all the time to smear conservative blacks. You must tow the company line or get rode out on a rail. In effect you are saying blacks can't think for themselves, and only white paternalist liberals can take care of them and protect them from evil white conservatives. All designed to get the minority vote. Look at the way Romney was vilified. Was respected as a Republican governor of one of the most liberal states, reaching across the aisle to work with Democrats. And few if any have ever been more qualified to run an economy. But the smear campaign was in full swing. What exactly does the Democrat Party stand for anyways? Sure didn't stand up for the little guy at Express, unless we're talking about small pictures of dead Presidents. When I see true reform instead of an ever increasing tab to make constituents happy I'll believe. By the way, check your history. Lincoln was as fiscally conservative as any. Roosevelt interred Japanese-Americans. And most of the wars we've fought in the last 100 years were entered by Dem Presidents.

Clarence Thomas.

vantexan

And you say they get votes because they "pass money out!" I mean really?
Where , I never got any.

Go ahead and bring up your bogus acorn arguments, or the fake IRS scandal,
Self reliance?, then tell all the corporations like big oil to go friend off and survive without all their subsidies.

Name the subsidies that aren't there for smaller oil companies to help with exploration and drilling? Fake IRS scandal? Seriously? Pull your head out and look around at all the trillions spent on the war on poverty, and education, and tell me why we have crap schools and poverty. That's where the handouts go, public service unions, teacher unions, welfare. It's certainly where Obama spent much of the trillions he doled out.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Oreo and Uncle Tom of the highest order. Bought, paid-for and a complete stooge for the GOP. Worst Supreme Court justice ever.

I read his book "My Grandfathers Son".

It is a fairly good read, but it shows the man is clearly troubled.The book is all over the place and he is hyper sensitive.

vantexan

Oreo and Uncle Tom of the highest order. Bought, paid-for and a complete stooge for the GOP. Worst Supreme Court justice ever.

You just demonstrated my point. Dems do nothing but smear anyone they disagree with. What's refreshing is seeing a Democrat have a substantive discussion about issues without the smears. Rarely see it happen though, although the ones who make their case on FOX do a pretty good job of acting decent.

hypo hanna

Does this mean we are done talking about Matthew Thornton III?
No matter, I have accomplished what I set out to do. Google his name and he shows up number 3 (excluding two YouTube vids).
​Happy girl here! :)

bbsam

Staff member
Does this mean we are done talking about Matthew Thornton III?
No matter, I have accomplished what I set out to do. Google his name and he shows up number 3 (excluding two YouTube vids).
​Happy girl here! :)
But who in the general public would Google him anyway?

thedownhillEXPRESS

I believe he has spoken exactly one time since being appointed to the SCOTUS.

Yeah, He lets his lunatic Tea Party wife do most of the speaking(like calling up Anita Hill in the morning last year)

I don't want to trash the man but after reading the book I have no doubt in my mind she wasn't lying, He goes several lengths beyond necessary to try and explain that whole situation.
I believe that's a trait of someone trying to cover something up, making up more excuses then needed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You just demonstrated my point. Dems do nothing but smear anyone they disagree with. What's refreshing is seeing a Democrat have a substantive discussion about issues without the smears. Rarely see it happen though, although the ones who make their case on FOX do a pretty good job of acting decent.

OK, let's discuss Clarence "Coke Can" Thomas without smears. He's not qualified to be on the court, but Bush had to show how "progressive" the GOP was by nominating someone who is nothing but a GOP operative. Clarence knows his place, and it isn't on the bench of The Supreme Court. He is a stooge that votes straight Right...just like he's told.

vantexan

OK, let's discuss Clarence "Coke Can" Thomas without smears. He's not qualified to be on the court, but Bush had to show how "progressive" the GOP was by nominating someone who is nothing but a GOP operative. Clarence knows his place, and it isn't on the bench of The Supreme Court. He is a stooge that votes straight Right...just like he's told.

No smears? Really? The American Bar Association did rate him as qualified to sit on the Supreme Court. Please, if you will, what qualifications did the current President bring to the table? And as I recall the Chief Justice voted for keeping Obamacare so there goes your theory about the Right Wing of the Court. And once and for all Anita Hill was brought forth by the Left to ambush Thomas to keep the Court from reversing Roe vs. Wade. Again, smears, lies, and no videotape. See a pattern?