Mueller report

newfie

The meddling was designed to help Trump, whom Putin and Russia wanted to win. That's indisputable fact. None of it was done to help Hillary, whom Putin hated.

Are you maybe confusing the FBI looking at Trump because it more than kind of appeared he might be a Russian operative? You know, the hotel in Moscow, the offer of a suite or condo for Vlad. Nothing weird or suspect at all.

Oh, yeah. He was still trying to cut a hotel deal in Moscow even though he directly LIED and said he had no business dealings with Russia.

Can you freebase Kool-Aid?

You don't answer the point rambler. Why did Obama allow the Russian interference?

newfie

Georgia Tech College of Republican Knowledge, aka Idiot University.
FB_IMG_1555412238878.jpg

bacha29

Where's the underlying crime? He's not Nixon.
Members of Congress have made in abundantly clear that they are currently in the discovery phase. Mueller report made it as clear as it can be made that it could not exonerate Trump and that Congress has the power to prohibit the president from abusing the office. Now what happens from this point going forward will be driven by events as they unfold and whatever new information if any that is uncovered.
This is not a sporting event. It's about the due process of law. The task facing the Trump administration is trying to keep under wraps what they don't want Congress to know while steering clear of charges of obstruction, perjury abuse of power or whatever other charges they might blunder their way into.. Can they do it? Let em have a go at it. They'll either prevail or a new president will take the oath.

Box Ox

Members of Congress have made in abundantly clear that they are currently in the discovery phase. Mueller report made it as clear as it can be made that it could not exonerate Trump and that Congress has the power to prohibit the president from abusing the office. Now what happens from this point going forward will be driven by events as they unfold and whatever new information if any that is uncovered.
This is not a sporting event. It's about the due process of law. The task facing the Trump administration is trying to keep under wraps what they don't want Congress to know while steering clear of charges of obstruction, perjury abuse of power or whatever other charges they might blunder their way into.. Can they do it? Let em have a go at it. They'll either prevail or a new president will take the oath.

Trump may indeed be out metaphorically pancaking cop cars in the Batmobile. But the Democrats probably aren’t going to find any more than Mueller and his team of investigators did. And after all of this is over, the voters are going to react to the Democrats’ obsession with trying to get Trump like Lucius Fox reacted to his attempted blackmailer in The Dark Knight (2008).

This is going to lose Democrats the election in 2020 if they take it too far.

It will be fine

Trump may indeed be out metaphorically pancaking cop cars in the Batmobile. But the Democrats probably aren’t going to find any more than Mueller and his team of investigators did. And after all of this is over, the voters are going to react to the Democrats’ obsession with trying to get Trump like Lucius Fox reacted to his attempted blackmailer in The Dark Knight (2008).

This is going to lose Democrats the election in 2020 if they take it too far.

Mueller’s scope of investigation was limited to Russian election interference. The house has no such limit. They can look into all the corruption and self dealing Trump is up to. I find it odd you think constantly pointing out the President is profiting from his office and violating the rule of law will somehow win him the election. Trump is the least popular president in modern history, there won’t be a groundswell of support for him as more of his crimes become public.

vantexan

Mueller’s scope of investigation was limited to Russian election interference. The house has no such limit. They can look into all the corruption and self dealing Trump is up to. I find it odd you think constantly pointing out the President is profiting from his office and violating the rule of law will somehow win him the election. Trump is the least popular president in modern history, there won’t be a groundswell of support for him as more of his crimes become public.
Oh come on, Jimmy Carter had worse ratings. Even Obama did.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"According to its authorizing document,[3] which was signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on May 17, 2017, the investigation's scope included allegations that there were links or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government[4][5] as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

Doesn't sound limited to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
"According to its authorizing document,[3] which was signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on May 17, 2017, the investigation's scope included allegations that there were links or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government[4][5] as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

Doesn't sound limited to me.

Rosenstein's original memo was more limited but probably made the investigation illegal so he later wrote a 2nd (and still secret) memo to give Mueller broader scope.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Get what you’re saying. But Republicans definitely doesn’t hold a monopoly on racial animus. Nobody dislikes or self-hates white men as much as the hard left.
You know not everything that is posted on here has to be so serious.
I appreciate that people feel strongly about their political beliefs, but I get on here to argue for fun with people who have different views than myself. Nothing on Browncafe is going to change the world. If my lighthearted banter on here offends you. Please use the ignore feature. Or maybe you can have @cheryl add the current events forums to where I am not allowed to post freely because someone is too delicate to use the ignore feature on here

oldngray

nowhere special
You know not everything that is posted on here has to be so serious.
I appreciate that people feel strongly about their political beliefs, but I get on here to argue for fun with people who have different views than myself. Nothing on Browncafe is going to change the world. If my lighthearted banter on here offends you. Please use the ignore feature. Or maybe you can have @cheryl add the current events forums to where I am not allowed to post freely because someone is too delicate to use the ignore feature on here
Shirley Serious.gif