Mueller report

LarryBird

We've been encouraging him to improve for over a decade. He's always the same.

We are not sending our best.
The scary thing is that he, and others like him, make up at least 51% of the population. There's always got to be your below average intelligence segment of the population, but I really feel like that segment has declined precipitously in recent decades.

The advent of the internet was supposed to make us smarter, and for many that's held true. But the blowback of the web is that for that below average segment, the internet has only made them dumber, and filled their minds with bad information that they swear is true and trustworthy. The internet has been weaponized against them.

This segment has sworn off academic journals, non-partisan government studies, and news agencies of note, for conspiratorial websites, and entertainment based news that appeal to their fears, desires, and previously ingrained thoughts - these people do not use the internet to gain a wider knowledge base, but rather to reinforce the lack of knowledge that already cripples their lives.

This will only get worse now that they're being preyed upon by dangerous entities with way too much data on who to target with what kind of weaponized information. They make correlations based on social media groups, infiltrate said groups, and pollute the narratives with bad information that appeals to whatever segment they're targeting.

These people don't even realize they are being targeted with information they've been predetermined to be predisposed as vulnerable to by enemies they don't even realize they have. It's true mind :censored2: stuff, brahs.

newfie

You want the simple answer?

Perhaps because he is one of the most prolific posters in a thread titled 'Mueller Report'...this alone would suggest that the man should read the report, since it's obviously a report he so loves to discuss. If he'd like to continue to discuss it with any semblance of intelligence, that is.

I could elaborate on more lengthy reasons, but that would be unnecessary, since the above gets the job done succinctly.

i expected a nonsense response, you never dissapoint

newfie

The scary thing is that he, and others like him, make up at least 51% of the population. There's always got to be your below average intelligence segment of the population, but I really feel like that segment has declined precipitously in recent decades.

The advent of the internet was supposed to make us smarter, and for many that's held true. But the blowback of the web is that for that below average segment, the internet has only made them dumber, and filled their minds with bad information that they swear is true and trustworthy. The internet has been weaponized against them.

This segment has sworn off academic journals, non-partisan government studies, and news agencies of note, for conspiratorial websites, and entertainment based news that appeal to their fears, desires, and previously ingrained thoughts - these people do not use the internet to gain a wider knowledge base, but rather to reinforce the lack of knowledge that already cripples their lives.

This will only get worse now that they're being preyed upon by dangerous entities with way too much data on who to target with what kind of weaponized information. They make correlations based on social media groups, infiltrate said groups, and pollute the narratives with bad information that appeals to whatever segment they're targeting.

These people don't even realize they are being targeted with information they've been predetermined to be predisposed as vulnerable to by enemies they don't even realize they have. It's true mind :censored2: stuff, brahs.

excellent your nonsense is improving nonsensically

LarryBird

i expected a nonsense response, you never dissapoint
At least you took the time to read the report or it's summaries. That's more than I can say for @vantexan.

I can respect informed differences of opinion or conclusions. But I cannot oblige someone who continues to engage in a conversation in which he is under informed and then even when confronted with the ability to even the playing field and catch up with the rest of us, by reading the report or summaries, continues to refuse to because of preconceived notions.

Definition of ignorance.

newfie

At least you took the time to read the report or it's summaries. That's more than I can say for @vantexan.

I can respect informed differences of opinion or conclusions. But I cannot oblige someone who continues to engage in a conversation in which he is under informed and then even when confronted with the ability to even the playing field and catch up with the rest of us, by reading the report or summaries, continues to refuse to because of preconceived notions.

Definition of ignorance.
Perhaps you should educate us with your learned and detailed opinion that you acquired from the Mueller report instead of the constant distraction of attacking someone else? I don't understand what your attacks on van or anyone else adds to the discussion. If you have this superior insight then by all means share it.

LarryBird

Perhaps you should educate us with your learned and detailed opinion that you acquired from the Mueller report instead of the constant distraction of attacking someone else? I don't understand what your attacks on van or anyone else adds to the discussion. If you have this superior insight then by all means share it.
My opinion at it's most basic, is that Mueller copped out. He had the evidence to reach a conclusion, and for whatever bull:censored2: reason, he played both sides of the fence, under the guise of legal interpretation.

My guess, is he didn't want to shoulder the burden for the Democratic party, and didn't see the wisdom in doing their bidding. So he carried out a thorough and fair investigation, as he felt was his task, and he left the ball back in their court.

Which if I was a democratic power player, is exactly where I would leave it. The report should speak for itself. Both sides can and will glean and take from it what they wish. As they already have and will continue to, right through the 2020 election, and in the end if intelligence wins out over emotion for a small percentage of Americans, Trump won't be reelected.

His margin of victory, in all actuality, was minute. It only takes a tiny percentage of people to change their mind, and come back home - in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan...when that happens, and it will, Trump is a single term failure, and the report for all it's faults, is ultimately justified.

That is my insight. That is your soon to be reality, if my instincts are correct. Trump, for all his bluster, is at his core, a liar. This will be his ultimate downfall, because for all that said bluster in the 'rust belt', he failed to deliver on his promises to those people. The jobs have not come back in the steel and coal sector, and the auto industry is in the early stages of massive disruption...

There's a lot of disgruntled Trump voters in these states, and they don't give a :censored2: about the unemployment numbers nationwide, or even statewide, and they don't care about the dow - they care that their livelihoods and their industries were just a political chess board to Trump, and they got played. The Mueller report just provides all the more confirmation as to the character of the man they were fooled once by.

Don't change what can be a small part of a larger victory, by launching seemingly endless investigations, which could be interpreted by some undecided voters as overriding Bob Mueller or having a hard on for Trump, so to speak. Congress can and should leave this where it lies - the report is already a small win for Democrats. Independent investigations are already in motion, so democrats should let them do the heavy lifting and ride the coattails to victory in 2020 or a true shot at impeachment moving forward after that, if victory somehow escapes us again. Because right now I see a dead issue. At least it is, in the eyes of the average American, most of whom, are not posting in a thread titled 'Mueller Report' right now, or ever, and that's all that matters as I type this.

These are my long game insights. Hope I was detailed enough, but if I wasn't, forgive me. It is only a message board afterall, and I don't wanna go on too long. Limited attention spans, and all that - I mean, half the people probably forgot about the wall he promised them, and has totally failed to make ANY progress on, nevermind deliver outright. Probably won't even matter THAT much. Right?..you better hope.

But I do know this for sure, he doesn't have the Mueller investigation to blame for his failures as President thus far anymore, and his accomplishments aren't all that. People remember other's failures more than they cherish other's successes - what has he done for them lately?

Last edited:

newfie

His margin of victory, in all actuality, was minute. It only takes a tiny percentage of people to change their mind, and come back home - in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan...when that happens, and it will, Trump is a single term failure, and the report for all it's faults, is ultimately justified.

your hope then is that Trump does not gain any other states with the strong economic results he's getting and the dynamics of his opposition changing?

That is my insight. That is your soon to be reality, if my instincts are correct. Trump, for all his bluster, is at his core, a liar. This will be his ultimate downfall, because for all that said bluster in the 'rust belt', he failed to deliver on his promises to those people. The jobs have not come back in the steel and coal sector, and the auto industry is in the early stages of massive disruption...

So you're choosing to deny the existence of a strong rebound in steel , coal and manufactoring to make this argument?

There's a lot of disgruntled Trump voters in these states, and they don't give a :censored2: about the unemployment numbers nationwide, or even statewide, and they don't care about the dow - they care that their livelihoods and their industries were just a political chess board to Trump, and they got played. The Mueller report just provides all the more confirmation as to the character of the man they were fooled once by.

The polls dont show disgruntled trump voters. in fact he's at 94 percent in his base.

Don't change what can be a small part of a larger victory, by launching seemingly endless investigations, which could be interpreted by some undecided voters as overriding Bob Mueller or having a hard on for Trump, so to speak. Congress can and should leave this where it lies - the report is already a small win for Democrats. Independent investigations are already in motion, so democrats should let them do the heavy lifting and ride the coattails to victory in 2020 or a true shot at impeachment moving forward after that, if victory somehow escapes us again. Because right now I see a dead issue. At least it is, in the eyes of the average American, most of whom, are not posting in a thread titled 'Mueller Report' right now, or ever, and that's all that matters as I type this.

what you sow you reap. if you fabricate investigations and charges against trump expect the same in return. politics is dirty and vindictive

These are my long game insights. Hope I was detailed enough, but if I wasn't, forgive me. It is only a message board afterall, and I don't wanna go on too long. Limited attention spans, and all that - I mean, half the people probably forgot about the wall he promised them, and has totally failed to make ANY progress on, nevermind deliver outright. Probably won't even matter THAT much. Right?..you better hope.

lot of work has been done on that wall. but its good that dems believe its not. my hope is they wake up one day and discover trump has sealed the entire border.

But I do know this for sure, he doesn't have the Mueller investigation to blame for his failures as President thus far anymore, and his accomplishments aren't all that. People remember other's failures more than they cherish other's successes - what has he done for them lately?

I dont know what you're talking about . this is the strongest resurging economy i have ever seen. As much as I love Ronnie's his was bouncing off disasterous Carter economics. Trump took an economy that has run tepidly for 8 years and should be going recessionary and revived it to a level thats even better then Reagans.

LarryBird

Quoting and responding to your responses looks like it will be more difficult than it had to be.

I guess I'll hit the quote button and find out.

I don't know how much thinking I have left in me tonight though - it's getting about that time to mellow down. Forgive me, if I don't respond this evening.

I will respond though. I already have thoughts. Just not positive I want to take the time to convey them on a keyboard right now.

LarryBird

My :censored2:ing god, I can feel it already. I'm gonna get sucked in to responding to this tonight.

It will pull me back in, even if I put it down for a few.

I literally have already formulated my response, but it's the typing that has me reticent to get into it again. Once I get rolling, as you might've noticed, things can get long, or longer than I originally intended them to anyway.

LarryBird

I also have a question for conservatives, that I'm fairly certain deserves it's own thread. If only, for the reason of fairness to the discussion in this thread. It's pretty much been on topic, at least as of recent posts, so I don't wanna derail it with a question some might think is only a thinly disguised "hot take", even though they'd be wrong in their assumption.

I really do want some answers from conservatives to get their viewpoints on it. I think I'll post it tonight, and see if it gathers any steam without my participation for the rest of this evening. That seems fairly easy.

newfie

My :censored2:ing god, I can feel it already. I'm gonna get sucked in to responding to this tonight.

It will pull me back in, even if I put it down for a few.

I literally have already formulated my response, but it's the typing that has me reticent to get into it again. Once I get rolling, as you might've noticed, things can get long, or longer than I originally intended them to anyway.

brevity would be a refreshing change. you tend to hit 5 different directions in one post. Thus the dissection

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mueller testifying? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! The idiot is probably going to say something wrong.....he's not allowed to refuse to answer about the dossier. He can only refuse to answer things directly about Trump.....so says Dershowitz.

oldngray

nowhere special
Who expects Mueller to say anything important? He will weasel around giving direct answers. It will all be about how the media spins things.