Multiple Contract Question

It will be fine

You sir are one of the most knowledgeable and articulate posters on this site! Its sad to think how many of the current "contractors" do not heed your advice and wisdom.
Everything that you quote and post on here is exactly why I sold as well.
Anybody that thinks ISP is going to make things better is inhaling unicorn farts.
These greedy b@st@rds will never, never, never give the "contractors" one iota of autonomy or ability to negotiate anything.
If anybody thinks that is not true then explain why they have spent untold millions trying to defend this cash cow in the courts, all the while admitting the model was flawed.
You might want to look up the word articulate.
Did you operate under an ISP contract? Has there been a court challenge to an ISP agreement? It's been around for about 8 years now. I have plenty of autonomy, beyond politics I have little need to interact with FedEx management on a daily basis.

bacha29

The reason it hasn't been challenged is because the laws suits surrounding the IC model are still ongoing not to mention the NATIONWIDE class action suit involving ERISA. If that one falls the plaintiffs way the damages may be so high that X corporate decides to call it a day as far as the "contractor"format goes.That's why my advice to Mr. Trakker is to consdier among others, contract language, demographics, regional and national economic trends, the ability to protect his equity in litigation, the future supply of cheap labor in his area and above all else litigation both ongoing and what is expected to develop in the future.

It will be fine

The reason it hasn't been challenged is because the laws suits surrounding the IC model are still ongoing not to mention the NATIONWIDE class action suit involving ERISA. If that one falls the plaintiffs way the damages may be so high that X corporate decides to call it a day as far as the "contractor"format goes.That's why my advice to Mr. Trakker is to consdier among others, contract language, demographics, regional and national economic trends, the ability to protect his equity in litigation, the future supply of cheap labor in his area and above all else litigation both ongoing and what is expected to develop in the future.
ISP was implemented in states that FedEx lost lawsuits under the IC model. Similar lawsuits in other states don't prohibit new ones in ISP states.

bbsam

Staff member
If all of that 8s true, why not hang around for the ISP payout the same way California IC's got theirs.

bacha29

A letter I recently received from one of the lead firms in the ongoing IC class action stated that the ISP model will be challenged sometime in the not too distant future but not until the current IC class actions are resolved. If I were an ISP if I did not currently have general business liability insurance, I would be looking into getting some just in case the ISP contractors are named as codefendents in any future class actions.

bbsam

Staff member
A letter I recently received from one of the lead firms in the ongoing IC class action stated that the ISP model will be challenged sometime in the not too distant future but not until the current IC class actions are resolved. If I were an ISP if I did not currently have general business liability insurance, I would be looking into getting some just in case the ISP contractors are named as codefendents in any future class actions.
Excuse me if I don't take business pointers from one who obviously couldn't hack it.

bacha29

I "hacked" it for 23 years in an area that is as economically depressed as any you will find anywhere. But unlike you I never wore out the knees of my pants dropping on all fours and worshipping the ground X management walked on. And unlike you I accepted the RPS/FXG model for what it was not how it was presented to impressionable people like you.

bbsam

Staff member
I "hacked" it for 23 years in an area that is as economically depressed as any you will find anywhere. But unlike you I never wore out the knees of my pants dropping on all fours and worshipping the ground X management walked on. And unlike you I accepted the RPS/FXG model for what it was not how it was presented to impressionable people like you.
Incorrect. I take it for exactly what it is. I don't hire for peak and I'm not afraid to fail. I'm not paid enough to have 3 backups for every route. They get what they pay for and it's been like that for years. I know, you just can't understand how I've not been ejected long ago because X terminates people like me all the time, right?

bacha29

Mr. bbsam: You are just another one of many muti route contractors who have a completely undesreved sense of self importance, one who believes that he is too big and too important to X to fail I commend you if you are in fact a true disrupter who smartly challenges the language of a contract that by it's very design denies a contractor true access to due process. But I know that you are not a disrupter. You are at best an annoyance that the company ignores while baiting you into making the kind of mistake that will get your contact not renewed with the blessing of middle and senior management.

bbsam

Staff member
It is not my aim to be a "disrupter". It is my aim to make money. I understand you have an axe to grind because X will never be what you want it to be, noble as that vision may be.

It will be fine

23 years in the most economically depressed area ever, but finding cheap labor is why you didn't expand beyond 1 truck? "Hacking it" like you did, where you did wear out your knees lugging boxes all day is not success to me. Actually recognizing the growth potential and expanding your business would be success.

bacha29

Growth? The largest incorporated borough in my terminals entire multi county and multi state service area has a population of 11,000 people. The largest incorporated borough in my territory had a population of 5900, half the town was on Social Security and the other half was on relief. During that time the 300 square mile school district that served the town closed that's right closed 4 elementary schools due to declining enrollment. And over that 23 years the overall population of the terminals service area actually declinded. Growth you say?

bbsam

Staff member
Growth? The largest incorporated borough in my terminals entire multi county and multi state service area has a population of 11,000 people. The largest incorporated borough in my territory had a population of 5900, half the town was on Social Security and the other half was on relief. During that time the 300 square mile school district that served the town closed that's right closed 4 elementary schools due to declining enrollment. And over that 23 years the overall population of the terminals service area actually declinded. Growth you say?
Oh. Yeah. Missouri sucks.;)

bacha29

If Missouri is in fact where you come from, say no more. I have relatives in Springfield and Knob Noster , haven't spoken to them in years, don't plan to either. They're just like you self rightous possess a judgement that's always superior anyone elses even though they have don't have the personal accomplishments required to legitimize it , have the same failings as everyone else despite the fact that there's a Baptist church on every corner to provide spiritual guidance including the need to install some flood control measures.

bbsam

Staff member
If Missouri is in fact where you come from, say no more. I have relatives in Springfield and Knob Noster , haven't spoken to them in years, don't plan to either. They're just like you self rightous possess a judgement that's always superior anyone elses even though they have don't have the personal accomplishments required to legitimize it , have the same failings as everyone else despite the fact that there's a Baptist church on every corner to provide spiritual guidance including the need to install some flood control measures.
No. Not from Missouri.

It will be fine

How many trucks now cover the area you originally contracted for? How much area could you have obtained for free over the years from other contractors?

STFXG

Sounds like you could have easily found cheap labor.

Crozz

You know this forum was suppose to be for questions about contracts and it never fails the same :censored2: trolls ruin the topic. We all get it you hate fedex ground so be it. Why don't you crying trolls start a topic about o me o my and you all cry together about how :censored2:ty your experience was with Fedex.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You know this forum was suppose to be for questions about contracts and it never fails the same :censored2: trolls ruin the topic. We all get it you hate fedex ground so be it. Why don't you crying trolls start a topic about o me o my and you all cry together about how :censored2:ty your experience was with Fedex.
Thanks for your guidance Mr. Perfect.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid.

Last edited: