Third Party Freight

bacha29

What's actually telling is that you, and your sycophant @bacha29, have absolutely NO knowledge of those who you ascribe qualities you detest, based on your (drug-induced?) fantasies.

The real shame is that your overactive imaginations aren't used constructively. How very liberal of you. Both.
Every once in awhile we use our liberal minds constructively . Like the retirement social programs you currently are on or will soon be on and are likely to have a major positive impact on your life.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Every once in awhile we use our liberal minds constructively . Like the retirement social programs you currently are on or will soon be on and are likely to have a major positive impact on your life.
There's a difference between programs that address a need, and those that address re-election votes.

And we all know which programs that liberals prefer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's actually telling is that you, and your sycophant @bacha29, have absolutely NO knowledge of those who you ascribe qualities you detest, based on your (drug-induced?) fantasies.

The real shame is that your overactive imaginations aren't used constructively. How very liberal of you. Both.
The fact that you support someone like Trump tells me all I need to know.

bacha29

There's a difference between programs that address a need, and those that address re-election votes.

And we all know which programs that liberals prefer.
If you personally won't need them or even if you do need them but are philosophically opposed to them when your time comes around be a standup guy for once and don't enroll in them. And don't feed us your "I paid into it nonsense". That kite won't fly anymore. But, I can tell you one thing with confidence The will be a lot of so called "displaced" which is a slick word for disposed of Express employees will be damn glad to see those UC checks showing up in their bank accounts just in the nick of time along with federally funded job retraining opportunities that could get them to a better place,

Sure you might think of them solely as "re-election votes" but you were fortunate enough to get out years earlier. But, to those who are going to be caught in one of the most disruptive periods in their lives....they're not going to give a rodent's rectum what you call them.

You're not the one who has to pickup the pieces of your life and try to put them back together again. These people are the ones who have to do just that.....Do it quickly....and successfully....And they will gladly take any help they can get....And they aren't going to give a bowel movement about the fact that it was liberals who made those benefits available.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If you personally won't need them or even if you do need them but are philosophically opposed to them when your time comes around be a standup guy for once and don't enroll in them. And don't feed us your "I paid into it nonsense". That kite won't fly anymore. But, I can tell you one thing with confidence The will be a lot of so called "displaced" which is a slick word for disposed of Express employees will be damn glad to see those UC checks showing up in their bank accounts just in the nick of time along with federally funded job retraining opportunities that could get them to a better place,

Sure you might think of them solely as "re-election votes" but you were fortunate enough to get out years earlier. But, to those who are going to be caught in one of the most disruptive periods in their lives....they're not going to give a rodent's rectum what you call them.

You're not the one who has to pickup the pieces of your life and try to put them back together again. These people are the ones who have to do just that.....Do it quickly....and successfully....And they will gladly take any help they can get....And they aren't going to give a bowel movement about the fact that it was liberals who made those benefits available.
Same old song and dance garbage.

To quote Three Dog Night (Brickyard Blues):

“Well, I tried to run my game
She said "Man, that's the same old thing I've heard before"
And I'm too tired to go for your show (again and again) “

bacha29

Same old song and dance garbage.

To quote Three Dog Night (Brickyard Blues):

“Well, I tried to run my game
She said "Man, that's the same old thing I've heard before"
And I'm too tired to go for your show (again and again) “

The entire focus of Mr. Fedex's comments were in regard to the loss of the special airport gate and dock privileges that will result in the conversion to third party air brokers. Just another plane parked at the gate in whatever slot becomes available waiting for it's turn to get unloaded. Good luck making final mile commitments with a setup like that.

You were the one who decided to inject a meaningless political statement in the hope of attracting an audience. Taking your grievances over to Current Events offers a better chance of gaining the audience you seek.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
On point. You can only devalue your labor and economize your operations to a certain level and not feel the impact of it.

Yesterday, Saturday around 3:30 PM Ground pulls into my next door neighbor and in an unusual manner he pulls up to within about 3 feet of the front door. The driver slowly climbs out of the cab and I could plainly see was struggling to move an average size box. So I went over to help him
As it turned out the guy was in his early fifties. He explained to me that he spent more than 20 years on the gas rigs and his hips and lower body were totally shot. He told me that he took this job believing that it would be similar to Express work with letters jewelry boxes etc. only to discover it was the complete opposite. That morning he had to load transport pull off and stack 4 new skid steer tires mounted on weighted rims. They are ungodly heavy because they're designed to create the required low center of gravity and bottom heavy design needed to balance the load. This is the guy's daily work experience. He told me that his contractor requires at least 120 stops per day due to the high mileage accelerated wear out bad rural roads have on his trucks. No surprise there, they're smelter bait in 3 years and this contractor has his own truck shop.

Later this summer he's having both hip joints replaced. With no health insurance benefits I don't know how he's going to pay his bill

The issue is two fold. First the guy clearly belongs on disability. He's in no condition to be out there doing this. The job is a joint killer and with his already shot he's suffering inhumanely. Secondly, it's a clear testament to how it is becoming increasingly impossible to get anybody to take the job for the ball busting work and low pay .

He also went on to say that managers and contractors at the terminal have absolutely no idea as to how they are going to load air box onto Ground routes and still get them out the door by 8AM . And to no one's surprise they are being offered zero guidance or directives on how they're supposed accomplish that little feat. It's an impossible situation and many contractors will have to decide accordingly .
In addition to which he already has 3 steel pins in his lower spine and pelvis. You have to commend him for still being out there trying to make a difference. Unfortunately for him however because of the inserted pins the new minimally invasive hip joint surgery cannot be used. How he managed to pass the physical? I have no idea.

It was another case of Mr. I'm Still trying meet Mr. I'm Desperate For Cheap Help. And the man in the high castle better known as Prime Weasel and his janitor Raj The Jackal? Well, we'll see how well this little caper of theirs plays out in about 3 years and if Jim Cramer stills worships the ground Prime Weasel walks on.
If any of this story is true, then the guy sounds like an absolutely horrible employee.

Instead of doing his job he stood around for God knows how long and gave his entire life story to a complete stranger.

But again, that's assuming any of the story is true.

It will be fine

The entire focus of Mr. Fedex's comments were in regard to the loss of the special airport gate and dock privileges that will result in the conversion to third party air brokers. Just another plane parked at the gate in whatever slot becomes available waiting for it's turn to get unloaded. Good luck making final mile commitments with a setup like that.

You were the one who decided to inject a meaningless political statement in the hope of attracting an audience. Taking your grievances over to Current Events offers a better chance of gaining the audience you seek.
It’s not a good argument. I don’t believe Express plans on contracting out their priority shipments to third party air brokers, the plan will contract out the deferred freight. If they have an extra day or 2 to make service it makes sense to use a cheaper option.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

For my edification, please quote my ‘meaningless political statement’.

bacha29

Right here it is. And you're trying to tell us that his is not a political statement?
Unfortunately. Current Events is well over it's capacity of Fox News and OAN rebroadcasters. But, if you were to remain vigilant perhaps you might spot an opening.

bacha29

It’s not a good argument. I don’t believe Express plans on contracting out their priority shipments to third party air brokers, the plan will contract out the deferred freight. If they have an extra day or 2 to make service it makes sense to use a cheaper option.
They might sublease some gates they no longer need to the brokers but if that extra day or two turns into and extra 3 or 4 then the feces will hit the fan and the shipper will simply go someplace else.
In any event when the airport that will serve the Ground terminal with air freight is 135 miles away and they're convinced that they can truck that 135 miles and still make it back in time to catch the Ground trucks heading out the door at 8AM.....they'll be given their opportunity to do so....for a little while.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Right here it is. And you're trying to tell us that his is not a political statement?
Unfortunately. Current Events is well over it's capacity of Fox News and OAN rebroadcasters. But, if you were to remain vigilant perhaps you might spot an opening.
Might I suggest that you look up the definition of ‘political statement’?

Then you can be embarrassed in private.

zeev

They will not lose a gate just trying to eliminate planes . F2 and F3 freight often sits in the warehouse and is not delivered the day it arrives, similar to P2 and XSaver.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They will not lose a gate just trying to eliminate planes . F2 and F3 freight often sits in the warehouse and is not delivered the day it arrives, similar to P2 and XSaver.
If FedEx has a ramp, they aren’t losing a gate. Lower deck PAX cans are small and don’t work with Heavyweight products. LD3s and pallets don’t mix.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Might I suggest that you look up the definition of ‘political statement’?

Then you can be embarrassed in private.
Let’s talk about contracting out freight “Dano”. It always annoys me to see threads sidetracked by the usual suspects. Sometimes, I think that all of you are mainly concerned that Fred’s “free capitalism” is being derailed and then you feel the need to step in and apologize for him.