Multiple simple questions.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Well I wouldn't have even known to ask what a supplement was or many other thing if I hadn't asked here. Second I'm only there during preload. Workers are working and then gone and my sup knows less than I do and the more senior sups give a short worthless answer and walk away. That's if I can get them to stop and actually talk to me. But thanks for the advice.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
I asked to be introduced to my steward today and was told to talk to pike as he walked away. So I asked a few coworkers near me and 1 said it's the really tall driver. Mmm ok... so I stuck around and I asked a couple drivers which one of you is pike? Was tole pike is in the front office area where we clock in and drivers are always looking at maps. Walked in there caught a driver I knew asked for pike and he said I think Pike just left. I'm not sure how other places work but just getting someone to talk to me for more than a minute is a daunting challenge. Lol

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If they blend the two dates there, is it a date later than the date a full time driver would make book?

It shouldn't be. It would blend backwards towards the hire date.

Here's how one might look.

Pt hire 9/24/06
Ft book date 10/15/12
Blended seniority date 3/20/07

I used my own, but totally different dates, to approximately calculate these. The range is very close to these. Honestly I've asked to have the secret formula explained to me, once by my center manager, who made no sense and talked in circles, and once by my BA who was easily as confused as I was.

We had a guy who I felt got hosed on his blend date. I started asking questions and before I could pin them down, he said it was fine and to let it go. So, I retired without the actual formula. This is still the way they do it here though.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
It shouldn't be. It would blend backwards towards the hire date.

Here's how one might look.

Pt hire 9/24/06
Ft book date 10/15/12
Blended seniority date 3/20/07

I used my own, but totally different dates, to approximately calculate these. The range is very close to these. Honestly I've asked to have the secret formula explained to me, once by my center manager, who made no sense and talked in circles, and once by my BA who was easily as confused as I was.

We had a guy who I felt got hosed on his blend date. I started asking questions and before I could pin them down, he said it was fine and to let it go. So, I retired without the actual formula. This is still the way they do it here though.

I'm quickly seeing theirs a trend with UPS trying to not give a full answer to even the simplest of questions. Lol

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If the company's next hire is in accordance with the 6 to 1 ratio then no one is getting effed over.
You mean you wouldn't feel like you got effed over if you've been here ten years and a guy who's been here two months gets to bid over you and pick vacations first?

oldngray

nowhere special
Sarcastic-Answer.png