Multiple vehicle crash I70 (near Ohio-Indiana border) fatal

watdaflock?

I%2070%20West%203%20semis%20crash%20021317.jpg

Multiple-vehicle crash involving semitrailers clogs I-70 W in Preble

Poop Head

Judge me.
Always seems that a swift driver is involved
Was gonna say the same thing. Just speculation, but from the picture it looks to me like UPS was slow or stopped n traffic, flatbed behind him, and swift came barreling in. I heard swift has driver facing cameras now so if he/she was distracted, I'd hope they get charged with homicide (if that person is still alive). Anyways, very sad and unfortunate situation. Stay safe everyone. Expect the unexpected!

brett636

I have been told the driver was out of Columbus, OH and had to be airlifted to the hospital. The swift driver died on the scene.

Johney

Obviously the driver in the green tractor had to have been out of the cab as it appears to have been cut in half by the trailer.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
This is a big reason why I could never go into feeders.

All it takes is one distracted moment and someone is bearing down on you in a 60,000 lb missile.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Apparently our guy and the flat bed were stopped for another accident when SWIFT wasn't paying attention and rammed into the other two. Obviously not paying attention at all, and lost his life because of it. SWIFT and CR ENGLAND are the two worst companies on the road. Horribly trained, underpaid and the worst drivers on the road, followed closely by FED-EX ground and freight. But don't take my word for it, do a YouTube search for SWIFT and CR ENGLAND for their greatest hits. I avoid theses guys like the clap when I'm on the road with them.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I've said this before, feeders is a very dangerous job.

Last night alone I had 3 cars pass me at 68mph only to cut directly in front of me to take an exit. Once was so close the adaptive cruise went red and applied the engine/service brakes hard. This was on 4 lane highway in the middle of the night with no traffic. Stupid ass drivers!!

Last edited:

lovemyupser

I've said this before, feeders is a very dangerous job.

Last night alone I had 3 cars pass me at 68mph only to cut directly in front of me to take an exit. Once was so close the adaptive cruise went red and applied the engine brake hard. This was on 4 lane highway in the middle of the night with no traffic. Stupid ass drivers!!
I grew up in a trucking family. So I learned the rules early. I flash truckers over when they need to pass, I stay back far enough so I can see the side mirrors of the truck.

My husband currently is a package car driver and will start feeder driver training next month. I'm really thinking about buying him a dash cam since I know how people drive. I do worry but I can't let that worry take over my life.

watdaflock?

Swift truck literally pushed the flat bed through the green semi, separating the cab from the chassis. Almost seems like those type of flat bed trailers are the real safety hazard.....?