must ask permission to go to the restroom

City Driver

yes you read that right

we got a 19 year old supervisor on the dock who thinks that hes the terminal manager...he announced at the meeting that you must ask him or another supervisors permission to go to the restroom or to get a drink of water, for all jockeys and dockworkers...he said this is because we are not suppose to be going to the restroom or the breakroom to get water unless we are on break (and the breakroom is the only place with drinking water)

its basically the biggest crock of smile* ever and wont hold up for a second.....we all told him we will not be following this, you cant tell me or anybody else when or if we can go to the restroom, or if we are in there for too long

i believe in obey now grieve later, but not on this situation, this is just ridiculous

stewards and business agents already been notified and they all said that he can not do this

Years back yard control mgmt (shifters) gave a hard time to a female driver for her repeated bathroom use. As it turned out she had a medical condition at the time. She took legal retaliation and now when ever you send the "down the hall" message the only answer you receive is "OK".

KidUPS

Employer has a right to know where you are at at all times in case of emergency. Work as directed. Now he must be accountable to being present at all times (unless he is working with a group of mang. employees.)

P

pickup

Maybe he just want to make sure that there will be no repeats of the last story you told us that occurred in the bathroom. To refresh memories, the southern gentleman, the african american gentleman washing his hands, and city driver as the witness. So, from now, on he'll make sure at any given time, there will only be people of the same race in the bathroom to avoid any further racial incidents.

Just give me the facts and I'll give you speculation.

P

pickup

yes you read that right

we got a 19 year old supervisor on the dock who thinks that hes the terminal manager...he announced at the meeting that you must ask him or another supervisors permission to go to the restroom or to get a drink of water, for all jockeys and dockworkers...he said this is because we are not suppose to be going to the restroom or the breakroom to get water unless we are on break (and the breakroom is the only place with drinking water)

its basically the biggest crock of smile* ever and wont hold up for a second.....we all told him we will not be following this, you cant tell me or anybody else when or if we can go to the restroom, or if we are in there for too long

i believe in obey now grieve later, but not on this situation, this is just ridiculous

stewards and business agents already been notified and they all said that he can not do this

Between the two items of water and bathroom , you guys can bother him all day.
Prescription: have person walk up to him or another sup requesting the water or bathroom.
Repeat this process with another person every minute. After an hour of 60 requests with more to come, this policy will go out the windlow. Just make sure to pick the same sup in requesting permission.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have to pee!
75_2.jpg

evilleace

You guys should ask him to write you a bathroom pass like in elementary school so the other supervisors know you are allowed to go to the bathroom.

tieguy

Banned
I would ask him, and if he said "no", I would pee on his shoes.

we had something like that happen many years ago. Sorter in the sort aisle wanted to go to the bathroom. Sup told him no. Cupped his hands together as if to say pee here. Sorter peed in the sort aisle. sup and sorter both got fired. Sorter got his job back after a lengthy suspension.

tieguy

Banned
yes you read that right

There may be a reason for the new policy. Generally someone or someones are abusing the privledge when you hear this type of stuff. There are extremes to this whole issue on one side you can't deny someone the right to go to the bathroom but at the same time there is nothing that says you should be paid for the time you spend there.
Depends on how far you want to push this one. At the same time if you know there are some people abusing the privledge then it might be wise to tell them to back off before this turns into a full fledged pissing contest. No pun intended.

City Driver

honestly if your on the dock or in the yard and you only have to piss, the best thing to do is just piss between 2 trailers that way u dont have to walk all the way to the bathroom

overnite didnt even care when we did that, its 10x quicker and your just pissing on concrete

tieguy

Banned
honestly if your on the dock or in the yard and you only have to piss, the best thing to do is just piss between 2 trailers that way u dont have to walk all the way to the bathroom

overnite didnt even care when we did that, its 10x quicker and your just pissing on concrete

The driver that takes either trailer or the mechanic that works on the trailer may mind. :happy-very: