My biggest mistake during peak

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Years ago as a new driver I had backed up to a dock to make a pick up. Left the keys in the ignition and went about my business loading the parcels through the back door. When finished with this stop I returned to the cab only to find the keys missing. Reached up onto the ledge above the drivers door and retrieved my spare set and went on to my next stop. A short time later my on car pulls up with my original set of keys hanging on his finger and asked me if I was missing anything. He thought he had me screwed and was going to let me sweat looking for my keys to teach me a lesson. Turned the tables on him and the look on his face was priceless. Have always tried to carry an extra set of keys since. All that is moot with keyless entry and ignition.

hembone

He was trying to qualify. Think back to when you were trying to qualify.

I remember a couple of years ago after our PCM I was walking to my car. This guy, who wasn't even my center, was crying as I walked by "please help me, I need to leave the building"( I assume he was qualifying or was a rookie). There was no way he was going to leave the building the way the cars were parked without having an accident unless one of the two cars on each side of him left first. I moved one of the cars and he got out of the building. I never saw him again. I sometimes wonder what ever happened to him. Whereever he is, I hope everything worked out for him and he is happy.

hembone

Years ago as a new driver I had backed up to a dock to make a pick up. Left the keys in the ignition and went about my business loading the parcels through the back door. When finished with this stop I returned to the cab only to find the keys missing. Reached up onto the ledge above the drivers door and retrieved my spare set and went on to my next stop. A short time later my on car pulls up with my original set of keys hanging on his finger and asked me if I was missing anything. He thought he had me screwed and was going to let me sweat looking for my keys to teach me a lesson. Turned the tables on him and the look on his face was priceless. Have always tried to carry an extra set of keys since. All that is moot with keyless entry and ignition.

Seems like a lot on here today are "old school". Makes me proud.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Overall I did very well this peak as a new unqualified driver. I did not call off once, never had any late air and made 2-3hrs of bonus each day(which i wont get paid) but anyways my biggest screw up was I actually lost my keys, the sup had to bring me a new pair. I have no idea how i lost them, all the sudden they vanished. Wil this effect me to becoming a qualified driver?

There are two kinds of drivers, Those that lose keys and those that are going to lose keys.

Let it go. Welcome to the club.

Peace.

P

pickup

i have a brass thigamajig(with one hook on each end) one hook is around a belt loop on my pants, the other one is for the key.The hooks are closed unless I push down on the thigamajig to open them up.

As a feeder driver, I do pretrip and post trips and hook up doubles. Having the key on one finger would make me less effective at hooking up the airlines etc. As I move around the truck and trailer(s), I can feel and hear the key move on the hook so I am constantly reminded that I have the key and it has always been there when it was time to remove it and put it in the ignition .

I got my brass thigamajig at home depot.

Re-Raise

He was trying to qualify. Think back to when you were trying to qualify.

Trying to prove you can run scratch is one thing, but running 2 or 3 hours under each day might cause you to make mistakes. Like losing the keys to your package car for example.

Why risk an accident or injury to run that far under, especially when you can't make bonus?

tourists24

We don't have keys anymore. If you lose the key faub they can open a lock box and there is your spare.
we arent that advanced here yet... they dont have spares for our keyless yet.... Ive left the building several times mistakenly taking the remote with me... had to come back because they have no spare for it

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was at the airport and was getting ready to leave. Had the keys in my coat pocket. I came through the back and shut the bulhead door. As it shut, I realized my coat pocket with the keys shut on the other side of the door. Got them to drop to the floor right by the corner of the door, but couldn't quite get them through. center manager gave us permission to use a crowbar. Mechanic had the door fixed by morning. Never happened again.