My Buddy

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I have an 8 year old female American Pitbull Terrier. She's a big baby. Loves everyone and would let you steal everything in the house. They get such a bad rap. Too many different breeds get classified as "Pit Bulls" in the news.

W

westsideworma

I was on my knee digging an oversized package out from under shelf one when this guy jumped into the truck and got into my face. He is an 85 lb. purebred pit bull. Fortunately for me... he decided that the best way to introduce himself would be to LICK my face instead of chewing it off. I'm cool with that!:happy2:

He's a good lookin pup!

Contrary to how the media portrays them, most pit bulls LOVE people (dogs can be another story). Pit Bulls were bred to fight/bite other dogs, not people. If they were aggressive towards people they were usually put down. Human aggression and animal/dog aggression are two separate things for dogs. I know blah blah blah then why do we hear so much about them biting people. Not all are the same thats why. There are many irresponsible owners out there and their dog of choice lately seems to be pitbulls (I'm looking at you Michael Vick). My girl has a pit bull/boxer mix and she's the sweetest dog I've ever met. I had reservations about the breed myself until meeting Lily (the dogs name lol). I met a pit that was nothing like the ones I saw on tv. Do I think all pit bulls are like Lily? nope I know thats not true. The owners play the crucial role of any breed in how the dog turns out, be it a pitbull or a labrador. My lady took her to obedience class and canine good citizens classes in addition to sending her to day care for her to be socialized and friendly with other dogs. As a result she is just about the perfect dog.

All I know is when I come home and she sprints to the door doing her full body wiggle (those who've seen these dogs will know what I mean) it makes me forget where I just was because it looks so utterly ridiculous that I have to laugh. :happy2: That bath of wet ones you speak of are a daily occurrence with this dog, she won't leave me alone when I get home until I let her say "hello".

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There is one stop where I would DR package back door. The door has an opening where the dog is too big to fit but about half his head fits through the hole. I always forget about this and when I stoop down to leave the box this is when he tries to bite me-this always scares the poop out of me!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Thats pretty cool. I also have a pit bull on my route that I pet everyday. I always give her a dog treat so she is happy to see me. Lots of the dogs on my route are always jumping in my truck once they find out I carry dog treats. I am too soft hearted and love em all.

Funniest pair is a bloodhound and a Jack Russell terrier at a horse farm I deliver to. The Jack Russell always jumps in from the drivers side and the bloodhound, although only about a year old, is big as a whale so he can't make it under the seat although he tries every time.

pkgdriver

This is Brown(his real name) relaxing in his Harley sidecar. He comes to work this way with the owner of the shop. He is a chocolate Lab. He prefers Scooby Snacks or pigs ears but will take anything.

Dont forget to account for all kids/dogs before you pull away from these kinds of stops.
Brown%20in%20sidecar_500.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I keep dog biscuits with me and most of our drivers do. They come in real handy for the friendly dogs as well as the ones that aren't. Food is a powerful motivator. Last week I had this huge black lab come out to visit. It was a business stop and the owners were in and out of the door. This lab was one of the biggest labs I have ever seen. Had to have been 125 lbs at least. He comes with wet slobery kisses. A real lover. I make the delivery and pull down the street and stop and was in back sorting and here he comes, jumps up in the trucks and investigates every corner. When I get done sorting I chase him out of the truck and the owners are out in the street trying to find him. I didn't hear them hollering. OOOps.

Big Babooba

This is Brown(his real name) relaxing in his Harley sidecar. He comes to work this way with the owner of the shop. He is a chocolate Lab. He prefers Scooby Snacks or pigs ears but will take anything.

Dont forget to account for all kids/dogs before you pull away from these kinds of stops.

The most dangerous part of a Lab is its tail.