My driver helper thoughts so far.

YoshiGreen

Worked 3 days in a row this week, about 17 hours or so. Called me Tuesday and didn't need me but asked me if I could do another nearby town and I said yes. Worked Wes-Fri. Late morning to mid afternoon or so. Pretty interesting experience. Thank god I got good workboots. Only bad thing is if I have to take a #1 I have to wait until one of our last stops for me to use the restroom or I could take a #1 in a bottle in the back and toss out on the street lol. Thankfully I only had to go once on Thursday and I was able to wait.

I didn't get paid for orientation yet. Would that be added on my first paycheck (my driver said I would get paid next Friday)? And I'm guessing I might be getting more hours since he called me directly the pass 3 days to work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Paychecks are always one week behind so your orientation check is probably sitting in a drawer at the center. Ask you driver if he/she can bring it to you on Monday.

It sounds as though you will be working every day at least through 12/24.

YoshiGreen

Yeah, it sounds like it. I tried to make a good impression and we get along pretty good. We meet at the same time and place the past few days and we both have a sense of humor so it's interesting working with him.

YoshiGreen

The Collegiate

Would fit me since it's my final semester. The driver and I was laughing the other day because his colleague has a helper that screams WATCH OUT every time they on the side of the road and a car goes around. His buddy said "I'm going to toss him out the friend'ing truck!". We had a good laugh for a good 2 minutes.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
For me it's supposed to end on Dec 31st. Last year it was Jan 15th. However I only worked til Jan 8th.

YoshiGreen

Finished my 2nd week, quite interesting. My driver is a cool guy. we really haul :censored2: on the boxes. Had 19.5 hours this week. Today, I got picked up and went to our first stop. My driver realized there was no sheets for me so he called someone up and got told I wasn't suppose to be working. So I helped him with the stop anyhow and I got dropped back off. Was kind of funny in a way. But then I got my pay check and nope, no 2 hour orientation on it so I was a bit upset about that. My driver said he would take of it so hopefully it's on my 2nd paycheck when I get it next Friday.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Finished my 2nd week, quite interesting. My driver is a cool guy. we really haul :censored2: on the boxes. Had 19.5 hours this week. Today, I got picked up and went to our first stop. My driver realized there was no sheets for me so he called someone up and got told I wasn't suppose to be working. So I helped him with the stop anyhow and I got dropped back off. Was kind of funny in a way. But then I got my pay check and nope, no 2 hour orientation on it so I was a bit upset about that. My driver said he would take of it so hopefully it's on my 2nd paycheck when I get it next Friday.

Sounds like they did a #1 on you. :(

Sent using a Potato