My first union meeting

Box Ox

And the Union brothers who just sit on their fat wallets telling each other how much they deserve to make $35/hr while a Union PTer only deserves minimum wage. Think about that.

It's tough with the way the system works. Most FTers lived that life as PTers. But then they go FT and leave it all behind. Sure, long hours and family sacrifices. But, bottom line: It becomes a case of "I got mine". The argument then becomes, "Well, PTers should participate more". Because you forget how much the daily focus used to be on just surviving between jobs. Union meetings? No time. You need to have enough in the account next weekend to eat. And you're castigated for it by FTers who forgot or never had the experience.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And the Union brothers who just sit on their fat wallets telling each other how much they deserve to make $35/hr while a Union PTer only deserves minimum wage. Think about that.
Ummmmmm, pretty sure part timers could control a vote more than full timers can. No one to blame but yourselves. Get out and VOTE! Most part timers I talk to about contracts and elections just stare at me with the same glazed over eyes they have while they are chucking misloads into my car.

Poop Head

Judge me.
RATE states will kill the union. Part timers don't make enough money now. Why would they pay dues, if they get the same protection????
They don't have the same protection off UPS property.. if you catch my drift
eDkA2wthvmYQo.gif

ManInBrown

That's a crock. I do deserve to make $34.17 an hour, and some days I feel like I'm underpaid. As far as the PTer only deserving minimum wage, I didn't tell them to be lazy and not go driving. We've exhausted the PT to FT list. If they don't want to work hard to make a good living, that's on them. Not my fault. I've spoken to loaders and asked why they don't sign the list and go driving. "Heck no. I see what you guys go thru. I'm not working till 8pm every night"

twoweeled

I have a theory, what about get these new guys to browncafe, let them read all the discussions, ask questions, see how a lot of guys deal with :censored2:, and then maybe that will translate into better participation, but if not, at least it gets them on the site. A lot of closet readers on here! It might help in the next contract on a no if the contract sucks!
Difficult to say. When an actual strike is before us, Butts tend to tighten up A LOT! All the big trash talkin gets reeeeaaal quiet. We do have a lot to lose, but so does the company (no, I didn't consider myself the company). The company is ruthless, organized and will push things to the limit. Unfortunately, we're not very organized or united when the going gets real crappy. It's a tough call nowadays, but looking at the options, and at our future down the road. It looks very dim.

Over 70

Difficult to say. When an actual strike is before us, Butts tend to tighten up A LOT! All the big trash talkin gets reeeeaaal quiet. We do have a lot to lose, but so does the company (no, I didn't consider myself the company). The company is ruthless, organized and will push things to the limit. Unfortunately, we're not very organized or united when the going gets real crappy. It's a tough call nowadays, but looking at the options, and at our future down the road. It looks very dim.

Sadly I see this truth. Lots of PT'ers just want sups to help them, no one files at all and many drivers come in early off the clock and go over their truck, etc. It's too bad so many people put their personal interests over the greater good for all.