My friend Brutus

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Where does it say we can feed their dogs?
The same place it says we can kick the living crap out of their dogs if necessary in order to protect ourselves from getting bitten. I'd rather use biscuits, and I think both the dog and the owner feel the same way.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is Brutus.

I met Brutus for the first time one dark night a couple years ago when his owner was gone and I was about 50 yards away from the truck.

When Brutus found out I had biscuits in my pocket, he decided he wanted to be my best friend!

I remember feeling incredibly lucky and grateful for our friendship. Its good to have friends like Brutus. Its also bad to have enemies like Brutus. Boy, I'd sure rather have friends like Brutus than enemies like Brutus!

I have a brand new supervisor who seems to think there is a rule against giving out dog biscuits. I am very excited to get to know my new supervisor, and hopefully on my first OJS I will have an opportunity to introduce him to Brutus so that the two of them can have a discussion about the biscuit rule. Hopefully, the two of them will also become best friends. Because its always good to have friends like Brutus!View attachment 35602
Now we know "soberups" name in real life is POPEYE!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Here's the deal;

I keep the Prize Box in a tote on shelf 4 behind my handcart.

Any dog that jumps into the truck or approaches me during a delivery is automatically a Prize winner and they get to choose a Prize from the Prize Box.

Life is all about choices, even when you are a dog. I'm sure glad all the dogs on my route make the choices that they do. Its a lot more fun that way.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429301045.925488.jpg

Dr.Brownz

That reminds me of a Brutus on my route. A Bullmastiff. Huge slobber factory who would come up to you with his tennis ball to throw for him.

I encountered a.....I think they are called American Bulldogs?, that was so big the other day he sounded like his fat was choking him and his ball of choice was a soccer ball.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I used to deliver to a k9 officer's house in a small town. I was on foot and 50 feet from the house when he pulled in the driveway. He yelled stop, my dog will attack you. I smiled as his dog came tearing around the corner charging at me, then sat nicely in front of me waiting for his cookie. The cop was dumbfounded. I looked over at him and said, oh that vicious german shepherd? Yeah we're friends.

IPackwood

Nor Cal LAKOTA
I drive a rural route everyone has at least 2 dogs and no one is ever home.So if you don't have treats you don't step out of the truck.My customers buy me treats so I can keep delivering there pkgs.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Here's the deal;

I keep the Prize Box in a tote on shelf 4 behind my handcart.

Any dog that jumps into the truck or approaches me during a delivery is automatically a Prize winner and they get to choose a Prize from the Prize Box.

Life is all about choices, even when you are a dog. I'm sure glad all the dogs on my route make the choices that they do. Its a lot more fun that way.

View attachment 35768
Is that prize box in a usps tote