My least favorite thing about being a UPS driver

johnny_hotdog

Shaving my vacation beard! :( mostly because it means I have to go back to work but also because I like to have some scruff on my fave, at least a little more often than I can as a driver. Anybody else feel the same?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was off for 5 months. I couldn't wait to get back to work. And especially shave the beard. Was driving me crazy. I was only growing it because I could.

08rookie

My least favorite thing? Hmm, well theres a few. But mostly its hearing women complain when im out delivering. Its always older ladies, freaking out about either the package or thinking im going 50mph when im really doing 15 or 20mph, thats what i dislike, lol.

...And Coming back to work after a 1 week vacation.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I cut my long hair short when I took the job and a beard is a too much trouble to keep properly trimmed, so length of hair isn't that important to me. What I hate most is getting off work so late, cuts into family time. If Fedex can get on the road so early, then why can't UPS?

I miss my beard, it took some of the ugly off of my face
a-baa-beard-beer-holder.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My least favorite thing easily is going in having no idea what I'm getting into, with zero control over my workload, and positively no idea when I'm going to get home.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Or as a PT driver, how about being on the hook all week long sometimes, being able to make no real plans, just to work on Saturday.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What I hate most is getting off work so late, cuts into family time. If Fedex can get on the road so early, then why can't UPS?

Years ago, wasn't it the UPS adage of wanting to be "the last seen on the street" ?

Giving the impression.... that they are working harder for the customer. :biggrin: