My meet driver's "VOJS" ride....LMAO!!!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
From what I gather they will have real time INFO on your location. Instead of them having to wait till the following day to download your telematics, they will have that information in real time. They are able to lay that info over a google maps image. It is live info, using satellites. Not live pictures.

My cellphone has an app that allows me to track my daughter and tell me where she is at all times, or at least where her cell phone is located at any given time.
I can find my cell at any given time on my computer. :bigsmile2:

My meet driver said he had a "virtual ojs ride". He is now paranoid saying that UPS leases time on satellites to take real time pics of every feeder set on the road to watch drivers in real-time. His supervisor giving him the "virtual ojs ride" said it is true. Now a few things that contradict the belief of what is believed....

First, the cost of doing such a thing would be astronomical. Why on earth would UPS spend so much to pay such as Hughes Aerospace to spy on feeder drivers. Do these guys, (my meet driver, and his supervisor) know what it takes to maneuver a satellite into position (depending if the satellite is a geo-stationary, or polar orbiting type) to take a few pictures? the uplink commands etc.? It takes a lot more than just "dialing into" your favorite xm, directv, or dish network satellite to get such images.

Second, what would be the cost benefit of doing such a thing? The IVIS now tracks everything down to the hundredth of a second.

Third, and the most important. If you are paranoid someone is watching you, you must be screwing around and not doing your job.

Look anywhere on google earth, and eventually you will find a feeder set somewhere in the U.S. All the supervisor has to do is cut-and-paste your previous work day's track on google earth-and claim he or she is watching you. Eventually, one would run into a picture of a UPS feeder set on the road. A co-worker of mine had his "vojs" a few days ago. The comment was made, "why were you driving 45 in a 65 mph zone?" To which my co-worker asked for his work day to be "cut-and-pasted" on google earth. Sure enough, google earth didn't show road construction.

A couple of notes to my meet driver and his supervisor...
1. Stop screwing around on the clock. You are paranoid because you are guilty of taking a 15 minute non-recorded stops.
2. You and your supervisor are so full of S*&T about real-time UPS satellite imagery...go listen more to Coast-To-Coast A.M.

They can afford to do this because they save so much money by cutting routes and not putting a/c units in package cars.

tourists24

Art "the fruit loop" Bell is still on the radio?
Please give me some station numbers where I might pick up the signal on the skip after the sun goes down.

Live photo satellite feed by UPS?
NOPE.
If you like Art Bell,,, you may like this guy. His name is Joshua P Warren and he is a local guy around here that has several projects he is always working on.... I think you can stream his radio show and he may even have podcasts

Speaking Of Strange with Joshua P Warren Syndicated Radio Show

Johney

How about the driver follow-ups they use to attach a picture of a satellite image to and it was in the middle of the woods. Because when the sat. pic was taken the neighborhood hadn't been built yet.:knockedout:

tourists24

How about the driver follow-ups they use to attach a picture of a satellite image to and it was in the middle of the woods. Because when the sat. pic was taken the neighborhood hadn't been built yet.:knockedout:
Well then you shouldnt have DR'd a package in the woods obviously ;)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You got it all figured out, bro. I bet you run to the restroom after you strap in your walkie talkie. Look at yourself in the mirror, take a deep breath, inflate your chest, say to yourself: " This is what a BAMF looks like. Let's wrap this preload, baby." You're going places young buck.

i don't work preload brah, and when i did, i didn't carry a radio :wink2:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
i don't work preload brah, and when i did, i didn't carry a radio :wink2:

Nope, when he did work the preload, he didn't carry a radio, because he couldn't figure out how to put the battery in.

And I don't like what he has to say, but I won't file a grievance, because they don't know his name.

He's still trying to get his radio to work...

satellitedriver

From what I gather they will have real time INFO on your location. Instead of them having to wait till the following day to download your telematics, they will have that information in real time. They are able to lay that info over a google maps image. It is live info, using satellites. Not live pictures.
Cool,
now they can use the same technology to see how the add/cuts have drivers running around over each other like outhouse rats on acid.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The boss showed me a picture of an address where I backed 108 feet. The actual address was a stop 6 miles from the picture he showed me. Off he went, never to be heard from again.