My Mortal Remains

What Will Become Of Your Mortal Remains?

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's funny but being raised catholic that's the type of stuff I miss a little bit. I still have an affinity for all the ritualized invocations, the hymns, the stained glass and the imagery.

Try doing all of that but having the mass said in Latin.:sad-little:

My daughter and what's his name were married in a Lutheran ceremony, which is basically Catholicism without all of the guilt and condescencion.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I like going to mass at Sacred Heart. They still revel in the pageantry of it all. But, if you want to genuflect and run, Rosiere is the place to go. It's like the McDonalds of Catholic churches. 20 min. 25, if the priest actually has a sermon other than 'time to get to the boat'.

bbsam

Staff member
Try doing all of that but having the mass said in Latin.:sad-little:

My daughter and what's his name were married in a Lutheran ceremony, which is basically Catholicism without all of the guilt and condescencion.
Yes. We Lutherans find that guilt and condescension do nothing but give gastric problems and constipation. Hard to strive to be obedient to God while twisted with intestinal cramps and colonic dysfunction.

island1fox

:warriorsmiley:One thing we have both agreed to. No "open casket" viewing circus. When we pass we have both expressed our wishes to have no imbalming fluids, makeup, corks placed in all body openings--etc,etc.

Just wrap my body in a burial shroud or simple sheet and lay me down for a great (hopefully) eternal life.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lol, the last funeral I went to was kinda scary. The zombie church-goers would chime in with stuff at some pre-determined place in the priests speech. In one loud monotone voice, they'd all say "AND ALSO WITH YOU" and other things. The first time it happened, we about jumped out of our seats. Really, we thought they sounded like a bunch of zombies, very cult-ish, very weird.

It was OPS (Occupy Pew Seats)! I hear Pelosi approves of them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Direct cremation, let my family scatter the ashes wherever it will give them comfort. I have no desire for any sort of expensive or elaborate funeral, and the thought of pumping my carcass full of toxic presevatives and then mummifying my remains in a hermetically sealed box underneath a lawn is utterly mortifying to me. The money wasted on that would be better applied towards helping my future grandchildren (if I have any) go to college.