My Package car broke down

Zowert

I’ve always wondered how often they do basic maintenance on our trucks/pkg cars. Like change oil, check tire pressure, air filters, transmission fluid, brakes, etc.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I’ve always wondered how often they do basic maintenance on our trucks/pkg cars. Like change oil, check tire pressure, air filters, transmission fluid, brakes, etc.

The company has scheduled PMIs that pop up based on time, mileage and age of the PC or tractor. Oil changes are also on a schedule based on time and mileage. We have what they call SIRDs for some maintence items like the air filter and trans fluid etc. some SIRDs are also for common breakdown items like the starter and alternator. These SIRDs show up in the system and need to be done with the PM or oil change. We have two programs we use to track this stuff. AIS and ECARS

At PM most mechanics have their own schedule for some items that cause road calls. For example I change out door operators ( the spring above the roll up door) every 2 years

This time of year is when most mechanics fix their fleets. I have a couple of recent PMs sitting in the Redtag area waiting their turn to come into the shop, in the meantime I may do another before I give one back because I need to get the new pms that pop done before it becomes non compliant

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I am glad he posted the picture and wish I could get a high resolution copy to frame on my wall

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Broke down a few months ago at about 2 pm in an old 500 with over 350 thousand miles on it....friend’er wouldn’t start and I was pulled over on the side of a busy two lane highways. They sent a rookie on a tight resi route in a P1 to come rescue me, we transferred all the stops into the 1 and he jumped for me the rest of the day, poor guy had some long hikes and kept asking me “do I really have to walk this?” Punched out at 1030 that night and missed about 10 stops. There were a few stops that just weren’t going to happen in that 1000. Good times

comtnbrown

The break down was caused by driving a "vihecle". Vihecles have a nasty tendency to spontaneously stop. If you check in the vihecle manual, section 9 states, if vihecle becomes non-responsive open hood check on hamsters in the wheel house, remove dead hamster and replace with fresh rodent. Hope this helps with your vihecle problem. Cheers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
View attachment 285517 Only 9 stops left , then my truck won't start, waiting for help. I think the problem is the starter and this vihecle has only 14000 miles on it. But you know how some people drive.
Best breakdown I ever experienced was in the summertime as a split driver. I was done early and had to cover a pickup. The dock was on a down grade and the starter failed as I attempted to leave, no way to jump start the truck. Nothing to do but wait over an hour for the mechanic to arrive.