My Package car broke down

Rack em

Made the Podium
My favorite break down happened when I was new and a utility driver. Working a Saturday and all the sudden the truck wouldn't start. Called the center and they sent a wrecker to tow me back, so I sat for a good hour and a half waiting. The guy finally shows up and tells me to put it in neutral so he could winch the truck up. It was at this point I realized I left the truck in gear when turning it off and that's why it wouldn't start, a real rookie move. The guy got a big laugh out of it and said he would just play it off like the truck magically started working again. So I called the center and said the guy got it to start, they said to finish and leave it running just in case. No one ever found out how stupid I was lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had an old P400 that wouldn't start one day on route. I pulled the doghouse cover off and the starter was swinging away by the wire. It had fallen completely off the engine. .

Bob11B

My favorite break down happened when I was new and a utility driver. Working a Saturday and all the sudden the truck wouldn't start. Called the center and they sent a wrecker to tow me back, so I sat for a good hour and a half waiting. The guy finally shows up and tells me to put it in neutral so he could winch the truck up. It was at this point I realized I left the truck in gear when turning it off and that's why it wouldn't start, a real rookie move. The guy got a big laugh out of it and said he would just play it off like the truck magically started working again. So I called the center and said the guy got it to start, they said to finish and leave it running just in case. No one ever found out how stupid I was lol.
Last time I broke down, the sup asked “it’s in park right” I said of course...now I know why he asked.

40 and out

My last breakdown was around 8pm, right after my last stop and an hour away from the building. Clocked out at 11:45 that night.
Mine was at 9:15 pm on the heaviest day of peak. Blown out tire. Got going at 11 pm. Drove about halfway back had to pull off the road and stop driving because I was going to hit 14 hrs. Had to wait until they could send someone to drive me the rest of the way back. Clocked out at 1 am. Fun times.

flappybutt

Tips when a UPS truck wont start.
1. Slam it into park: Sometimes when you put it in park something is up with the trans not recognizing it's in park causing it to not start.
2. Use your ignition key, in park and in neutral. The keyless start sometimes gets a short in it. Also causes your truck to randomly turn off sometimes.
3. Make a shrine around your truck with the included orange cones and pray to the big brown gods.

tarbar66

I had an old P400 that wouldn't start one day on route. I pulled the doghouse cover off and the starter was swinging away by the wire. It had fallen completely off the engine. .
Rod, I don’t think anyone that started driving after 1990 has a clue to a P400 is,

clean hairy

Before the newfangled package cars, did your horse refuse to move because he was taking his lunch hour?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
View attachment 285517 Only 9 stops left , then my truck won't start, waiting for help. I think the problem is the starter and this vihecle has only 14000 miles on it. But you know how some people drive.
UPS2.jpg

My truck wont start either. Quit crying and wait for the tow truck, you get paid by the hour.

Poop Head

Judge me.
This particular event, the baby, was a 200+ lb buck who was so cockstrong focused on getting that doe, he didn't even care that he ran head first into my truck.
He musta really been hoofin it! Was he still there when you got back from delivering the stop? Or did he take off?