My Pay Rate Was Changed

OKLABob

That is unfortunate. I have no clue how they classify crashes there is a guy at my center who had a roll away and his truck rolled into a trailer house and he still has his job. 29 years of safe driving is truly awesome sorry man!

AttackedHawk34

Sorry to hear that. Obviously you're a great driver with 29 years of safe driving, but just got really unfortunate.
A legend that I wan't to be one day. Three years in and still reviewing the days that I had and pick out approvements that I myself can make to be a better driver.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Not allowed. POST REPORTED FOR DELETION!
B7CEBAE1-7546-4A7E-A04A-D24EB65E63FA.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have been looking through the new Master and Southern Supplemental, I'm hoping that somebody on here can tell me exactly where to look.

Article 18 Section 3 of the Master.

"In the event of a vehicle accident, the Employer shall have twenty (20) days to complete its investigation, if warranted, and ten (10) days to take disciplinary action, if any, unless otherwise mutually agreed. Except for serious accidents, where the driver may be presumed to be at fault, a driver will not be removed from the payroll during an investigation of the accident."

"The driver will be entitled to non-driving work during this period at his/her normal rate of pay."

It sounds like you were just coded wrong.

Ask them to fix it (once you are back to work) if they don't.... grieve it.

The language is there.

-Bug-

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Bug, thats what I'm looking for. My first thought it was a coding error. My center manager wasn't sure when I called him on it, my supervisor was off this week. My management team has actually treated me well, everybody was more shocked that a Circle of Honor driver had an accident like this. I would have got my 30 year patch in April and I was thinking about retiring after that. It could have easily been a lot more serious than it turned out. It happens to the best of us I guess.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thanks Bug, thats what I'm looking for. My first thought it was a coding error.

That's all it was.

Thanks Bug, thats what I'm looking for. My first thought it was a coding error. My center manager wasn't sure when I called him on it, my supervisor was off this week. My management team has actually treated me well, everybody was more shocked that a Circle of Honor driver had an accident like this. I would have got my 30 year patch in April and I was thinking about retiring after that. It could have easily been a lot more serious than it turned out. It happens to the best of us I guess.

No further need.... for explanation.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I would have got my 30 year patch in April and i was thinking about retiring after that.

I'm not certain how it's done anywhere else, as we all know there is no consistency with UPS, but here a driver with 24 years had hit the bed of a pickup while backing out of a congested drive and caused some good damage. They told him that he would still get his 25 year patch after he completes another year of safe driving (after the incident).