My Pay Rate Was Changed

I'm not certain how it's done anywhere else, as we all know there is no consistency with UPS, but here a driver with 24 years had hit the bed of a pickup while backing out of a congested drive and caused some good damage. They told him that he would still get his 25 year patch after he completes another year of safe driving (after the incident).
They lock you in to the years you already had, then the click starts again. Just as long as you already had at least 5 years of safe driving

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I get accidents are serious...and they should treat you well..you grieved far more than they did. If any one lawyers up...they are sad people. And obviously only looking for money....29 years in all elements. Especially ice in atlanta..you are my hero..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In an era where they can charge you with an accident that didnt Even happen...you have done well..take the $$ and run..its not the same UPS and they dont deserve you.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Thanks Bug, thats what I'm looking for. My first thought it was a coding error. My center manager wasn't sure when I called him on it, my supervisor was off this week. My management team has actually treated me well, everybody was more shocked that a Circle of Honor driver had an accident like this. I would have got my 30 year patch in April and I was thinking about retiring after that. It could have easily been a lot more serious than it turned out. It happens to the best of us I guess.
Sounds like you may have backed up into a person or an animal? We had a circle of honor driver here hit a pedestrian and he was shaken up for a bit. Just goes to show you that you can be so safe for so many years, but the one time you forget to check one thing and it can lead to something bad happening.

Sounds like you may have backed up into a person or an animal? We had a circle of honor driver here hit a pedestrian and he was shaken up for a bit. Just goes to show you that you can be so safe for so many years, but the one time you forget to check one thing and it can lead to something bad happening.
Nobody can be 100% all of if the time

I don't see Jesus posting here.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
In an era where they can charge you with an accident that didnt Even happen...you have done well..take the $$ and run..its not the same UPS and they dont deserve you.

Say it sister! We had a driver almost get fired for an unreported. Person calls in and says UPS hit their car and just left. Briefly, investigation revealed it was a FedX truck and the police advised of such after reviewing video of the event at the C-Store where it happened.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I can't take the credit for it. I think I got it from here a few years ago.

I posted it back in 2017.

I was going to let you take the credit until you said you can't, lol.

The attached avoidable/unavoidable accident judgement may be a little old, but it still applies. Like I said, UPS believes that no accident is avoidable.

Attachments

• Accident Judgement.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 210

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not here. I had this conversation with Mug as well.

A tier 3 is their term. Now if it's a serious accident that was the result of reckless driving then yes.

But a tier 3 is a intersection, pedestrian accident. You can have small fender bender in a intersection and recieve a tier 3 accident.

Yep.

I don't care what tier they use.

Most supplements defer to the Master defining a serious accident where an employee can be taken off the payroll.

NMUPSA

Article 18

Section 3

A serious accident is defined as one in which:

1. There is a fatality, or;

2. A citation is issued and there is bodily injury to a person who, as a result of the injury, receives immediate medical treatment away from the scene of the accident, or;

3. A citation is issued and one or more motor vehicles incur disabling damage as a result of the accident requiring a vehicle to be transported away from the scene by a tow truck or other vehicle, or:

4. Any vehicular contact with an aircraft which results in damage that grounds such aircraft, or;

5. There is an accident involving a motor vehicle on Company property, outside of any building, that results in a fatality or bodily injury to a person, who as a result of the injury receives medical treatment away from the scene of the accident.

If it is not defined as a serious accident, then

The driver will be entitled to non-driving work during this period at his/her normal rate of pay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It still is a dollar amount but it's a dollar amount the center is charged. That's why they get so upset about it. Even if it's a 50 dollar accident they are charged the same amount as if it were a serious one.

I never understood that always talking about getting charged x amount of dollars for every wreck

Charged as in how is it taken out of somebodies pay is it taken from the center bottom line

Who the :censored2: is getting “charged”

I never understood that always talking about getting charged x amount of dollars for every wreck

Charged as in how is it taken out of somebodies pay is it taken from the center bottom line

Who the :censored2: is getting “charged”
They take an average cost of a wreck. The center has to pay back the company for a wreck. Just a numbers game

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Say it sister! We had a driver almost get fired for an unreported. Person calls in and says UPS hit their car and just left. Briefly, investigation revealed it was a FedX truck and the police advised of such after reviewing video of the event at the C-Store where it happened.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I pulled in on one of those one night...sup says "anything you would like to tell me'? I said "probaly not while on the clock"..told me i was going to be charged with an unreported accident..last chance to tell him. The dock he told me it happened at I didnt use that day..when cars are parked close to it..i just dolly or carry.
center manager told me he would investigate next day..i saw him there on route and pulled in..the car parked (badly) by the dock had its side mirror ripped off..i backed up to it and there was no way...even if i had backed into dock..it could have been me..owner apologized..after calling me a liar. It was their mission to get rid of me..they tried. I left on my terms. When i was ready..

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Maybe all if the rules shouldn't be extra double sneaky, so what we are up against.

Its a guide, safety mangers make the call based on all the facts.

It may go in the system as a Tier I,II,III but can be changed when all the facts have been reviewed. It could take a day, week or month.