My Pay Rate Was Changed

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have been looking through the new Master and Southern Supplemental, I'm hoping that somebody on here can tell me exactly where to look.

I had a Tier 3 July 27 and I was put in the building working carwash and preload to get my eight hours. Today I finished my twenty days inside and I had my meeting with my Center Manager and Steward to settle. Warning Letter that I RTS and Center Manager has to ride with me when I come back to work. Back to my question. I noticed on my paycheck advice when I got home that my pay was dropped from $37.66 an hour to $36.91 after the second day on the week ending 8/09/19. My understanding is that you have to work inside for 29 days before they can drop your pay rate to inside pay. $.75 an hour isn't a big deal to me its just the principle of the the thing. Do I have a legitimate reason to grieve?

I have been looking through the new Master and Southern Supplementle, I'm hoping that somebody on here can tell me exactly where to look.

I had a Tier 3 July 27 and I was put in the building working carwash and preload to get my eight hours. Today I finished my twenty days inside and I had my meeting with my Center Manager and Steward to settle. Warning Letter that I RTS and Center Manager has to ride with me when I come back to work. Back to my question. I noticed on my paycheck advice when I got home that my pay was dropped from $37.66 an hour to $36.91 after the second day on the week ending 8/09/19. My understanding is that you have to work inside for 29 days before they can drop your pay rate to inside pay. $.75 an hour isn't a big deal to me its just the principle of the the thing. Do I have a legitimate reason to grieve?
You keep your rate if you do another job.

You spent your entire life here at Browns, don't let them do this to you

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was turning in a handwritten paper timecard every morning to my OMS and my hours have been right. One of the Preload FT Sups was also turning in my time and he might have just entered the wrong rate. My paycheck still says I'm at top rate of $37.66, so I'm thinking its an error and I want to give them the chance to straighten it out first before I file. I'm just trying to find the contract language to quote if I have to take it that far. I'm on vacation next week so it will be the Tuesday after Labor Day when I go back driving.

I was turning in a handwritten paper timecard every morning to my OMS and my hours have been right. One of the Preload FT Sups was also turning in my time and he might have just entered the wrong rate. My paycheck still says I'm at top rate of $37.66, so I'm thinking its an error and I want to give them the chance to straighten it out first before I file. I'm just trying to find the contract language to quote if I have to take it that far. I'm on vacation next week so it will be the Tuesday after Labor Day when I go back driving.
Every supplement is different but if I was forced off of the road I would still get my rate

You can edit this
But

:censored2: these Mother :censored2:ers.

542thruNthru

I have been looking through the new Master and Southern Supplemental, I'm hoping that somebody on here can tell me exactly where to look.

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your pay question but I would like to ask you a question. Why were you sent inside? Were you on a working termination?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a backing accident going down a long driveway and I hit something that I did not see. I'm not going into any more details than that but I learned today that somebody lawyered up. It was on private property and the police did not write a ticket, just a case number. That and my 29 years of safe driving kept me from getting terminated on the spot is what I was told when it happened. Company lawyer says in her twenty years they always settle out of court.

I had a backing accident going down a long driveway and I hit something that I did not see. I'm not going into any more details than that but I learned that somebody lawyered up. It was on private property and the police did not write a ticket, just a case number. That and my 29 years of safe driving kept me from getting terminated on the spot is what I was told when it happened. Company lawyer says in her twenty years they always settle out of court.
Scratch I'm so :censored2:ing mad.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had a backing accident going down a long driveway and I hit something that I did not see. I'm not going into any more details than that but I learned that somebody lawyered up. It was on private property and the police did not write a ticket, just a case number. That and my 29 years of safe driving kept me from getting terminated on the spot is what I was told when it happened. Company lawyer says in her twenty years they always settle out of court.
Sorry to hear that. Obviously you're a great driver with 29 years of safe driving, but just got really unfortunate.

542thruNthru

Isn't it automatic to take you off the road for a tier 3 while its being investigated?

Not here. I had this conversation with Mug as well.

A tier 3 is their term. Now if it's a serious accident that was the result of reckless driving then yes.

But a tier 3 is a intersection, pedestrian accident. You can have small fender bender in a intersection and recieve a tier 3 accident.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Get your money. Screw em. That’s all I have. Sorry about your crash.

542thruNthru

Yes, the company gets to investigate, they had an investigator on the scene within 30 minutes.

Looking at your language. Is it possible they had you down as a layoff during this process? If so your language says you recieve the pay at what your seniority is at that position after 7 days.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not here. I had this conversation with Mug as well.

A tier 3 is their term. Now if it's a serious accident that was the result of reckless driving then yes.

But a tier 3 is a intersection, pedestrian accident. You can have small fender bender in a intersection and recieve a tier 3 accident.

Tier 3 used to be defined by a dollar amount but they expanded the definition to make it mean a lot less.

542thruNthru

Tier 3 used to be defined by a dollar amount but they expanded the definition to make it mean a lot less.

It still is a dollar amount but it's a dollar amount the center is charged. That's why they get so upset about it. Even if it's a 50 dollar accident they are charged the same amount as if it were a serious one.

oldngray

nowhere special
It still is a dollar amount but it's a dollar amount the center is charged. That's why they get so upset about it. Even if it's a 50 dollar accident they are charged the same amount as if it were a serious one.
All accounting games since UPS self insures. It does cut into the center's potential profit which is what really matters to management.