My pension and healthcare are both Teamster run. Local 344

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Union meetings, including contract meetings, are for union members only. It would be inappropriate for retirees to attend any union meeting.

There is not a Local, in our country.... that would treat Union retiree's with that kind of disrespect.

That's pretty harsh, even for you, Upstate. Our retirees do all of the planning and meal service at our local. There's a solid core of 15 or so of them that really help make the union meetings run smoothly. They aren't allowed to vote on motions but they're certainly present and encouraged to speak their piece.

The retiree's in my Local do the same.

They have their own office.... at the Union Hall.

All retiree's are always welcome at every meeting in local 407.

Saying, they have no place.... Goes to the level, of disrespecting your own parents.

​-Bug-

oldupsman

Union meetings, including contract meetings, are for union members only. It would be inappropriate for retirees to attend any union meeting. Using your logic, we should also invite spouses and children.
Sorry Upstate. Not only did I go to the contract meeting today as a retiree, I had my voice heard. And I told all the young people there that if they accept
this health care change, they're making a big mistake. Now I could have stayed away because I got mine and just say who cares about them. But I don't
see life like that. And to really piss you off, more than one came up to me, shook my hand and said thanks for caring.

UPS Preloader

Sorry Upstate. Not only did I go to the contract meeting today as a retiree, I had my voice heard. And I told all the young people there that if they accept
this health care change, they're making a big mistake. Now I could have stayed away because I got mine and just say who cares about them. But I don't
see life like that. And to really piss you off, more than one came up to me, shook my hand and said thanks for caring.

Thank You!

Inthegame

Union meetings, including contract meetings, are for union members only. It would be inappropriate for retirees to attend any union meeting. Using your logic, we should also invite spouses and children.
Your opinion contradicts the IBT Constitution which as Piedmont accurately stated allows retirees to attend meetings but not vote on motions. The retiree was an active member, spouses and children were not.

kumet

I went to the contract meeting today in So.Calif. Some of the health care isn't quit as good IMO but still much better then most . I was told present retiree benefits would remain the same. Future (after 12/31) retiree benefits would be reduced in some ways. If you are thinking about retiring soon you should ask union what you will loose after 12/31 It sounded like other parts of the country would benefit by the "enhancements".
Sounds like lots of language that might protect the employee.

BrownArmy

Spouses, children, and retirees (especially retirees!) are welcome at Local 25 meetings.

teamsturz

........ and I too, respectfully disagree with you! Those folks PAVED my & YOUR way! What it is REALLY time for, is US to pick up the ball & jam it up their ass! NO HARASSMENT RELIEF?!?!...... NO is still my vote!......Don't care what money they throw at me.