My Prayers Have Been Answered,.....THANK YOU!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Salary + Healthcare + pension.........all other jobs are salary - Healthcare - 401k
Dock workers are union, so they get healthcare and pension too.

Blows you argument right out of the water.

Oil rig workers pay is more than our 40 hours plus 10 hours OT plus pension plus healthcare becuase it is so dangerous, so again, you are wrong.

Better luck next time.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Dock workers are union, so they get healthcare and pension too.

Blows you argument right out of the water.

Oil rig workers pay is more than our 40 hours plus 10 hours OT plus pension plus healthcare becuase it is so dangerous, so again, you are wrong.

Better luck next time.
So why are you working here and not there

realbrown1

Why didn't you back it up in that post instead of asking me if I thought you could?
If you could back it up you already would have chump.
I, unlike you, can back up my claims when called upon.

This link shows that most unionized dock workers make over $100k a year with our benefits or better.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-dockworker-pay-20150301-story.html

This link shows that oil rig workers in 2012 made and average of just under $100k a year with medical and 401k.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/10/news/economy/oil_workers/

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Unless of course, you are just a blow hard.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I, unlike you, can back up my claims when called upon.

This link shows that most unionized dock workers make over $100k a year with our benefits or better.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-dockworker-pay-20150301-story.html

This link shows that oil rig workers in 2012 made and average of just under $100k a year with medical and 401k.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/10/news/economy/oil_workers/

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Unless of course, you are just a blow hard.
From your link:
That number includes fat paychecks for the highly skilled, like $235,586 for a "drilling consultant" and $139,868 for a "reservoir engineer", according to Rigzone, an industry information provider that compiled the figures.

So in other words, your claim that people without a college degree make more money than us on an oil rig is completely bogus. You're trying to compare the salaries of people with a degree in engineering to truck drivers. You're full of crap as usual. Nice try, thanks for playing.

I really don't understand why people like you bitch and moan. You're a truck driver bro, you're well compensated with benefits that you'll be hard pressed to match in any industry. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

realbrown1

From your link:
That number includes fat paychecks for the highly skilled, like $235,586 for a "drilling consultant" and $139,868 for a "reservoir engineer", according to Rigzone, an industry information provider that compiled the figures.

So in other words, your claim that people without a college degree make more money than us on an oil rig is completely bogus. You're trying to compare the salaries of people with a degree in engineering to truck drivers. You're full of crap as usual. Nice try, thanks for playing.

I really don't understand why people like you bitch and moan. You're a truck driver bro, you're well compensated with benefits that you'll be hard pressed to match in any industry. Get over yourself.
I guess you missed the part where the article stated that the AVERAGE RIG WORKER MADE $99K IN 2012.

That is the AVERAGE RIG WORKER.

More skilled workers made more.

It really isn't that hard of a subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess you missed the part where the article stated that the AVERAGE RIG WORKER MADE $99K IN 2012.

That is the AVERAGE RIG WORKER.

More skilled workers made more.

It really isn't that hard of a subject.
Seems to be a hard subject for you to understand.
When the average includes people with an engineering degree, comparing that number to our industry is just a plain stupid comparison. So i guess in that sense I'm not surprised you're making it.

image.png
image.png
image.png
Who says I can't back it up?

You?
Says th republican who supports Right To work

realbrown1

When the average includes people with an engineering degree, comparing that number to our industry is just a plain stupid comparison. So i guess in that sense I'm not surprised you're making it.
I know drivers in my center that make $50k a year.

What do you think we make?

A driver that works 2080 a year will make about $70k plus benefits.

Very good, but not the end all, be all paradise job you are portraying it as.

10 point

According to the site on engineering on rigs a person can get a BA/BS degree and the Masters certification in five years.
The pay rate is probably in line with your experience (if you train on the job) and the pay is 190 Gs + and rising.

We have a four yr progression now for ft drivers so the pay scale apples to apples is close until your experience (7 yrs average) maxes out on the platforms.

That being said, even if the retirement rate for this generation's engineers is accelerating I doubt if they're hiring 50-100 thousand engineers in the next few years.
Plus, the job fairs put on by the companies that run/own the rigs are turning away people because the applicants are maxed out.

I had relatives that worked (skilled) on the rigs in the gulf. They made killer money. Being away from your family for 10-14 days at a time is not a job that I would choose unless I didn't want to be home.

realbrown1

I had relatives that worked (skilled) on the rigs in the gulf. They made killer money. Being away from your family for 10-14 days at a time is not a job that I would choose unless I didn't want to be home.
Unless you have to do what you have to do to take care of your family.

That's the only way I'd be an oil rig worker.