My termination was implied, but now my sup is trying to deny it?

3ohhwCRRaRHOyEi412.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm blinded by this block of text, really.

Start showing up and make sure every day off is coded correctly.

First off you need a long talk with a steward, hell this probably will need an hour or two to sort out before you walk back into the building.

Knee: did you get this checked as a workplace injury??? Get this all formally filled out ASAP. Stop running around like a damn chicken. We don't give two ***** about impossible assignments here. If the assignment requires a superhuman to work at, then let the damn thing fail repeatedly.

Car: Progressive discipline should be light if your car only broke down once or twice, I would be surprised if they even try going for a suspension for this.

Flu: Use your sick days lol. Otherwise see if you have state sick time laws in place and follow those. Call in every day you are sick.

You are going to get called into the office (probably for the knee injury) so really, find your steward now if you do not know him.

I'm blinded by this block of text, really.

Start showing up and make sure every day off is coded correctly.

First off you need a long talk with a steward, hell this probably will need an hour or two to sort out before you walk back into the building.

Knee: did you get this checked as a workplace injury??? Get this all formally filled out ASAP. Stop running around like a damn chicken. We don't give two ***** about impossible assignments here. If the assignment requires a superhuman to work at, then let the damn thing fail repeatedly.

Car: Progressive discipline should be light if your car only broke down once or twice, I would be surprised if they even try going for a suspension for this.

Flu: Use your sick days lol. Otherwise see if you have state sick time laws in place and follow those. Call in every day you are sick.

You are going to get called into the office (probably for the knee injury) so really, find your steward now if you do not know him.

That's what I mean -- I used my sick days and I shouldn't have had any issue but they didn't like that I missed 5 days in 2 weeks even though I couldn't have done anything about it. How can they terminate me when I have my sick days and all the necessary documentation?

Yeah, my car was only broken down for two days and that was the first time I've had to miss work because of it. I only missed it because I was in another state more than an hour away.

I'm just really irritated that they said "don't even bother coming back," it clearly implies termination in that context. It just makes no sense why they are trying to backpedal, and that doesn't change anything because I am contacting my union about this in any case. It's not right that they were trying to terminate me for things I couldn't have controlled, and now they're trying to deny it.

Also why use your knees in the sort asile.

Pick up box, drop it onto the floor, then kick it onto the belt.

That's not how the department works at my facility. I don't really want to have to explain it all because it would be incriminating, but trust me there is literally no way around the fact that we have to get on our knees and crouch down to reach bins that are at the bottom just a few inches off the floor. I've been working there for almost 2 years so, if there was a way around it I would have known by now.

DOK

It doesn't. How do you know he wasn't just saying don't bother coming in because you have the flu?

My apologies as I wrote down the text incorrectly -- the exact words of that text was "Sorry, but don't even bother coming back" which definitely indicates termination. All of our following correspondence corroborated a termination taking place for sure.

To get terminated you need to be sat down, in a meeting, with union representation present. You don’t get fired over the phone or by text message.

To get terminated you need to be sat down, in a meeting, with union representation present. You don’t get fired over the phone or by text message.

I think "don't even bother coming back" really implies termination. Plus, the stuff the PT supervisor said afterwards absolutely reinforced the implication of being terminated and at one point I was like "Wow I can't believe you're doingg this to me after all the work I put in because of situations I couldn't control" and she responded with "Well it's because you've missed x amount of this month blah blah."

Today she changed her story to make it sound like termination had never even been mentioned. This just doesn't sit right with me, and I'm going to be contacting the union steward because it seems like he must have made multiple violations. I knew it wasn't that easy to fire someone at UPS because it's notoriously difficult to fire people who have seniority which is why I contacted the HR sup which I don't think they expected me to do.

I just really can't understand why they would have done such a thing and it seems like a truly scummy thing to do.

PT Car Washer

I think "don't even bother coming back" really implies termination. Plus, the stuff the PT supervisor said afterwards absolutely reinforced the implication of being terminated and at one point I was like "Wow I can't believe you're doingg this to me after all the work I put in because of situations I couldn't control" and she responded with "Well it's because you've missed x amount of this month blah blah."

Today she changed her story to make it sound like termination had never even been mentioned. This just doesn't sit right with me, and I'm going to be contacting the union steward because it seems like he must have made multiple violations. I knew it wasn't that easy to fire someone at UPS because it's notoriously difficult to fire people who have seniority which is why I contacted the HR sup which I don't think they expected me to do.

I just really can't understand why they would have done such a thing and it seems like a truly scummy thing to do.
If this is the worst thing that has happened to you in two years you are fortunate. Get over it.

You are making too much out of an off hand remark said in haste. Go back to work and forget it.

this just isn't cool. I was close to everyone in my department, and we treated each other like family even my supervisors. They literally wanted me to believe that I had been terminated for whatever reason, and I'm just in disbelief how scummy of a thing it was to do especially trying to deny it today. I was already planning on leaving this job to start an actual career but I was at least planning on staying there until my start date.

And now I just really don't know if I can do that because I can live without the paycheck especially because I don't think I can deal with being in the same room as someone who did something like that.