My termination was implied, but now my sup is trying to deny it?

If this is the worst thing that has happened to you in two years you are fortunate. Get over it.

I'm already planning on leaving my job in a few weeks for my new career anyway, but this wasn't right to do. I feel a moral obligation to look into this for the sake of my coworkers who will be stuck with them after I leave. We have a lot of people who are disabled in our department and some of them are developmentally challenged so these people are easily exploited.

PT Car Washer

this just isn't cool. I was close to everyone in my department, and we treated each other like family even my supervisors. They literally wanted me to believe that I had been terminated for whatever reason, and I'm just in disbelief how scummy of a thing it was to do especially trying to deny it today. I was already planning on leaving this job to start an actual career but I was at least planning on staying there until my start date.

And now I just really don't know if I can do that because I can live without the paycheck especially because I don't think I can deal with being in the same room as someone who did something like that.
I think you just answered your own question about what you should do. Not that easy for those of us making $30+hr to just get mad and quit.

I think you just answered your own question about what you should do. Not that easy for those of us making $30+hr to just get mad and quit.

Yeah, but I feel like I should look into this for the sake of my coworkers (many of whom are disabled physically/mentally/developmentally therefore easily exploited) so I might as well as reach out to the union steward to tell them what happened here if nothing else. They were deliberately trying to lead someone to believe they had been terminated.

I knew right away it couldn't be that easy to fire someone with seniority which is why I checked with HR, but I can imagine one of my coworkers never reaching out to anyone about it because they were fooled.

If my wages were closer to 25 or even 20 dollars an hour I'd probably stick it out but this isn't worth 11.50/hr. My new job pays almost double that, and it's not a menial or physical job, but I think I should look out for my coworkers.

PT Car Washer

Yeah, but I feel like I should look into this for the sake of my coworkers (many of whom are disabled physically/mentally/developmentally therefore easily exploited) so I might as well as reach out to the union steward to tell them what happened here if nothing else. They were deliberately trying to lead someone to believe they had been terminated.

I knew right away it couldn't be that easy to fire someone with seniority which is why I checked with HR, but I can imagine one of my coworkers never reaching out to anyone about it because they were fooled.
Go for it and good luck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think "don't even bother coming back" really implies termination. Plus, the stuff the PT supervisor said afterwards absolutely reinforced the implication of being terminated and at one point I was like "Wow I can't believe you're doingg this to me after all the work I put in because of situations I couldn't control" and she responded with "Well it's because you've missed x amount of this month blah blah."

Today she changed her story to make it sound like termination had never even been mentioned. This just doesn't sit right with me, and I'm going to be contacting the union steward because it seems like he must have made multiple violations. I knew it wasn't that easy to fire someone at UPS because it's notoriously difficult to fire people who have seniority which is why I contacted the HR sup which I don't think they expected me to do.

I just really can't understand why they would have done such a thing and it seems like a truly scummy thing to do.
You've been here 2 years and you contacted HR when you thought you'd been wrongly terminated?

SMH

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
this just isn't cool. I was close to everyone in my department, and we treated each other like family even my supervisors. They literally wanted me to believe that I had been terminated for whatever reason, and I'm just in disbelief how scummy of a thing it was to do especially trying to deny it today. I was already planning on leaving this job to start an actual career but I was at least planning on staying there until my start date.

And now I just really don't know if I can do that because I can live without the paycheck especially because I don't think I can deal with being in the same room as someone who did something like that.
Omg you poor thing. Maybe you should sue ups for putting you through such a traumatic experience. Then you can sit ah home and cry and eat ben and jerrys all day while you learn to deal with just how terribly you've been treated.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Today she changed her story to make it sound like termination had never even been mentioned.

Just call the hotline and tell them she touched you on the brown eye and palmed your dick. All these cats are losing their careers and lifestyles over this metoo BS, you might get lucky and get her moved to a different department with new losers.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sounds like 3 occurances, not terminable. Shouldn't even get a warning letter until the 6th occurance in a year. Plus, don't think time off for a funeral counts towards occurances. That is why they are back pedalling.

If you want to look out for your coworkers, tell them to start showing up for union meetings, read the contract, and discuss issues with their stewards. That way they can look out for themselves.

After all of this, I still can't figure out if he/she wants the job or not.

I don't want the job anymore, but I feel like there might be a moral obligation to get this looked into because they were literally trying to lead me to believe that I was terminated. My department has several physically and developmentally challenged people who would be easily fooled if they were to do something like that to them. I don't think my supervisor expected me to see through their crap.

So, I'm just going to talk to the Union steward to see what he thinks of this.

upschuck

I don't want the job anymore, but I feel like there might be a moral obligation to get this looked into because they were literally trying to lead me to believe that I was terminated. My department has several physically and developmentally challenged people who would be easily fooled if they were to do something like that to them. I don't think my supervisor expected me to see through their crap.

Move on, they have the union to fight for them. I'm sure they are being looked after, quite well. They've managed to hang on to this job, this long, and I bet, they never thought they have been fired.

Move on, they have the union to fight for them. I'm sure they are being looked after, quite well. They've managed to hang on to this job, this long, and I bet, they never thought they have been fired.

I forgot to mention that we recently got a new FT supervisor. Our old FT supervisor transferred to a different location after working with me for over a year and he would not have done any of that at all, and he was always very flexible and understanding. The new FT sup has only been working there for a month which made it all the more aggravating that he was trying to terminate me.

Our old FT supervisor liked me a lot, and he was always raving to everyone about how valuable I was to the department. So, this is new for all of them as well.

upschuck

So, are you just not going into work anymore, and going to get fired for real, this time? or are you going and giving your notice?

So, are you just not going into work anymore, and going to get fired for real, this time? or are you going and giving your notice?

I'm contacting my union steward, and that's all I know for now. I don't really see the value in staying at my incredibly menial job at UPS that isn't even going to benefit me in the long run as it has nothing to do with my future career. The wait list at my facility is 6+ years and by then I will be close to middle-aged.

My FT supervisor told said it was up to me whether or not I went back in. I thought it meant that they were pretty much ready for me to quit on the spot. I haven't been there in a while because I was sick plus I thought that it was game over last week so I'm really surprised it's even an option at this point to go back.

upschuck

I forgot to mention that we recently got a new FT supervisor. Our old FT supervisor transferred to a different location after working with me for over a year and he would not have done any of that at all, and he was always very flexible and understanding. The new FT sup has only been working there for a month which made it all the more aggravating that he was trying to terminate me.

Our old FT supervisor liked me a lot, and he was always raving to everyone about how valuable I was to the department. So, this is new for all of them as well.
Doesn't mean anything

PT Car Washer

I'm contacting my union steward, and that's all I know for now. I don't really see the value in staying at my incredibly menial job at UPS that isn't even going to benefit me in the long run as it has nothing to do with my future career. The wait list at my facility is 6+ years and by then I will be close to middle-aged.

My FT supervisor told said it was up to me whether or not I went back in. I thought it meant that they were pretty much ready for me to quit on the spot. I haven't been there in a while because I was sick plus I thought that it was game over last week so I'm really surprised it's even an option at this point to go back.
There are procedures in place for a termination and your sup has not followed any of them. Yes you still have a job unless you decide to not show up anymore.