My union dues are paid up, but I'm fed up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 85362
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85362

what to do if I have filed multiple grievances on a supervisor for harassment, retaliation ,forcing me to work unsafe and causing a hostile work environment? Up until the point i no longer felt safe at ups and protetected by my union representatives , and I had to call the police to protect me because my union rep and the whole union itself, has failed me.

what to do if I have filed multiple grievances on a supervisor for harassment, retaliation ,forcing me to work unsafe and causing a hostile work environment? Up until the point i no longer felt safe at ups and protetected by my union representatives , and I had to call the police to protect me because my union rep and the whole union itself, has failed me.
If you really need the unions backing...commit a crime. You’ll get a full union supplied law team.

542thruNthru

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Go to the next level of remedy. File charges against your union rep with your local's principal officer, either the President or Secretary Treasurer. If that does nothing you can go to the international. Then file FTR charges with the NRLB. After all that, and you still haven't been made whole, then you can go to the courts.

542thruNthru

Go to the next level of remedy. File charges against your union rep with your local's principal officer, either the President or Secretary Treasurer. If that does nothing you can go to the international. Then file FTR charges with the NRLB. After all that, and you still haven't been made whole, then you can go to the courts.
I agree but I'd like to know what the "harrasment" is before pointing him to that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree but I'd like to know what the "harrasment" is before pointing him to that.

I agree that the harassment needs to be addressed by the company. The OP seems more concerned with the union's lack of action than the harassment, though. I don't know if we'll get the whole story, but might as well at least give him the run down on steps to take when dealing with complaints against the union. Hopefully he can get things sorted out from there.

D

Deleted member 85362

I am constantly tormented , my job is always made complicated and he seems to love it. Example, I try my best to not work around and avoid him by working in a different part of the hub where that sup and I won't have to interact, because he is not my direct supervisor in unload,, he plays the office and computer. And seems to come bck to unload to harass me,make me feel intimidated with his presence knowing that I wrote him up and asked to not be near him. One day a truck of Amazon that usually comes in open tall boxes, was bagged and put on the air dock, close where he would be. I normally did Amazon bc it was on the smalls side and he had no reason to come and give instructions. So I felt safe. Until he put himself or made someone else bag the whole Amazon truck ,send it to air dock just so he can torment me and harass me.
Not only am I being harassed by him , but targeted harassed also where they are using employees to do their dirty work. For example when I'm sorter ,deep in my flow and concentrating, the box flow would all of a sudden comes faster and back to back. That supervisor would sneak unloaders into the trailer putting me under management stress bc now I can't handle the heavy flow on my own and its only Fair to double up on sort isle also. The belt speed is also turned up on me. I plenty more real life examples.

542thruNthru

I am constantly tormented , my job is always made complicated and he seems to love it. Example, I try my best to not work around and avoid him by working in a different part of the hub where that sup and I won't have to interact, because he is not my direct supervisor in unload,, he plays the office and computer. And seems to come bck to unload to harass me,make me feel intimidated with his presence knowing that I wrote him up and asked to not be near him. One day a truck of Amazon that usually comes in open tall boxes, was bagged and put on the air dock, close where he would be. I normally did Amazon bc it was on the smalls side and he had no reason to come and give instructions. So I felt safe. Until he put himself or made someone else bag the whole Amazon truck ,send it to air dock just so he can torment me and harass me.
Not only am I being harassed by him , but targeted harassed also where they are using employees to do their dirty work. For example when I'm sorter ,deep in my flow and concentrating, the box flow would all of a sudden comes faster and back to back. That supervisor would sneak unloaders into the trailer putting me under management stress bc now I can't handle the heavy flow on my own and its only Fair to double up on sort isle also. The belt speed is also turned up on me. I plenty more real life examples.
And this is what I mean @zubenelgenubi :)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Do you need a hug?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Meet him in the parking lot and give him an atomic wedgie if you’re serious about this

D

Deleted member 85362

I agree that the harassment needs to be addressed by the company. The OP seems more concerned with the union's lack of action than the harassment, though. I don't know if we'll get the whole story, but might as well at least give him the run down on steps to take when dealing with complaints against the union. Hopefully he can get things sorted out from there.
The story starts and dates back two years ago. I came off a medical leave after being hit by a car, my ex. When I returned to work is when it seemed as my lovely career with ups was going down hill. I love my job and I loved preloading, my initial job title. It started after I had a sort of political conversation about being slaves with a coworker, not slavery, but slavery to the companies every human is working for. And this person pretend to take it to heart,knowing they understood what I was saying, but proceeded to act clueless and felt lik I was calling her a slave,when I even considered myself a slave to ups. Anyhow it was my first write up for harassment, bc after that convo ,they proceeded to talk about it everytime they saw me and it agrumentive instead of just a debate we were having bc they were no hard feelings on my end. Btw we speak to each other everyday now.. anyhow I was reported to the helpline.. months later I'm befriend by a office personnel ,bc when I got low on snacks $ I would hit the office up for some pretzels. We became Kool even switched #s and chatted it sometimes. One day I came into the office for pretzels and they say something about me being broke and they weren't any more pretzels and go buy my own. I took it as they were having a bad day. Later that day I was accused for sexual harassment. I wasn't terminated bc the anti harassment policy wasn't read to me. But I in reality i was being sexually harassed by a union rep. He would ask to take me out, I would laugh him off bc he was old n creepy af n I didnt get down lik that so I would brush him off politely trying not to hurt his feelings. Until one day they said , he said to me i make his d@#$ hard. I immediately got stern with him , and said don't play with me lik that, you have gone to far,so far I can file sexual harassment on what you said,, u didn't have to go there. And couple days later the sexual harassment on me against the office person came about..but i wasn't goin to be grimey and rat him out for it. Again only this was 2 years ago with a lot more to add. But yea the beginning ,,,

Est.1998

How long have you worked at UPS?
Sounds like no longer than a year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The story starts and dates back two years ago. I came off a medical leave after being hit by a car, my ex. When I returned to work is when it seemed as my lovely career with ups was going down hill. I love my job and I loved preloading, my initial job title. It started after I had a sort of political conversation about being slaves with a coworker, not slavery, but slavery to the companies every human is working for. And this person pretend to take it to heart,knowing they understood what I was saying, but proceeded to act clueless and felt lik I was calling her a slave,when I even considered myself a slave to ups. Anyhow it was my first write up for harassment, bc after that convo ,they proceeded to talk about it everytime they saw me and it agrumentive instead of just a debate we were having bc they were no hard feelings on my end. Btw we speak to each other everyday now.. anyhow I was reported to the helpline.. months later I'm befriend by a office personnel ,bc when I got low on snacks $ I would hit the office up for some pretzels. We became Kool even switched #s and chatted it sometimes. One day I came into the office for pretzels and they say something about me being broke and they weren't any more pretzels and go buy my own. I took it as they were having a bad day. Later that day I was accused for sexual harassment. I wasn't terminated bc the anti harassment policy wasn't read to me. But I in reality i was being sexually harassed by a union rep. He would ask to take me out, I would laugh him off bc he was old n creepy af n I didnt get down lik that so I would brush him off politely trying not to hurt his feelings. Until one day they said , he said to me i make his d@#$ hard. I immediately got stern with him , and said don't play with me lik that, you have gone to far,so far I can file sexual harassment on what you said,, u didn't have to go there. And couple days later the sexual harassment on me against the office person came about..but i wasn't goin to be grimey and rat him out for it. Again only this was 2 years ago with a lot more to add. But yea the beginning ,,,

So, after all that how hot of an Ol’gal are ya anyway?

D

Deleted member 85362

Tbh i filed one for harassment already it was denied bc it didn't show proof of discrimination is aht I was told. The interview was literally no more than 40 secs. I recently have one open now

Est.1998

1605931998950.jpeg