My union dues are paid up, but I'm fed up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 85362
  • Start date

rod

Retired 22 years
Face it-- the job isn't for everyone. Either grow a pair and learn how to laugh at this :censored2: and ignore him or find a new job. The world is a tough place for someone who is easily walked on. Let him speed up the flow 5 times over and let the excess packages go by as you work at a safe speed. You are in the Union-- use the contract to your advantage. Remember--the "other side" agreed to everything in the contract also .

D

Deleted member 85362

Face it-- the job isn't for everyone. Either grow a pair and learn how to laugh at this * and ignore him or find a new job. The world is a tough place for someone who is easily walked on. Let him speed up the flow 5 times over and let the excess packages go by as you work at a safe speed. You are in the Union-- use the contract to your advantage. Remember--the "other side" agreed to everything in the contract also .
Great advice. Ever heard don't have anything good to say, so just keep quiet. I'm asking for core solid Advice and the VERY first reply to my question is the type of words I'm looking for. And I'm not a quitter I have so much evidence on them that they had no choice but to find a illegal way to terminate me bc nothing else they tried stuck. Besides taking me to the office and lie on and then accuse me of being unprofessional for speaking my side and telling the truth

Est.1998

what to do if I have filed multiple grievances on a supervisor for harassment, retaliation ,forcing me to work unsafe and causing a hostile work environment? Up until the point i no longer felt safe at ups and protetected by my union representatives , and I had to call the police to protect me because my union rep and the whole union itself, has failed me.
What you consider harassment, I'd call a chance to grow.
Supervisors come and go, often.
As long as they don't touch you, or talk down to you, i wouldn't let anything else worry me.
You control your reactions.
They want to play games and roll out while you're sorting? Let them. I'd set up a jam box and let it back out as i continue to sort 1 pkg every 3 secs.
All that other stuff you mentioned is too silly for me to address.

D

Deleted member 85362

Great advice. Ever heard don't have anything good to say, so just keep quiet. I'm asking for core solid Advice and the VERY first reply to my question is the type of words I'm looking for. And I'm not a quitter I have so much evidence on them that they had no choice but to find a illegal way to terminate me bc nothing else they tried stuck. Besides taking me to the office and lie on and then accuse me of being unprofessional for speaking my side and telling the truth
Not only that... but I DID NOTHING WRONG, ITS ALL ACCUSATIONS I have paper trail and Hard core proof

rod

Retired 22 years
OH NO!!!!!!----they accused you of being "unprofessional"? The horror of it all. How dare them.

D

Deleted member 85362

What you consider harassment, I'd call a chance to grow.
Supervisors come and go, often.
As long as they don't touch you, or talk down to you, i wouldn't let anything else worry me.
You control your reactions.
They want to play games and roll out while you're sorting? Let them. I'd set up a jam box and let it back out as i continue to sort 1 pkg every 3 secs.
All that other stuff you mentioned is too silly for me to address.
Smh its Just the beginning. And u have right to ur personal opinion and I accept it n I don't take it personal because this is not even the half

D

Deleted member 85362

OH NO!!!!!!----they accused you of being "unprofessional"? The horror of it all. How dare them.
Ikr.. they also marked my as a call in on my off days, I am marked late when I'm on time, during my vacation one of my option days was used. I was granted a vacation this year n it was taken bck unknowingly by the same harassing supervisor. As a preloader they were using the packages to harass me, by misloading my cages up to 35 boxes of misloads a day including in the mix was no labels, packages with no labels,open spilled packages, someone literally Spit in my cage, I touched it as I got my boxes, I was harassed by supervisor when I wrote him up my grievance was torn and rip up in my face and I was told I'm not goin anywhere get bck to work.i have been physically assaulted by a male employee and told cameras were off 3 days b4 nothing they can do.i use to bike to work so I carried a pocket knife,stashed locker ,after one shift it was gone after asking a member of management to retrieve my phn from the locker so I can get a number out of it. Cameras refused to remind.... I can go on on ..do u need more details and scenarios so you can be able to give good sound advice without the negativity and being sarcastic

rod

Retired 22 years
Ikr.. they also marked my as a call in on my off days, I am marked late when I'm on time, during my vacation one of my option days was used. I was granted a vacation this year n it was taken bck unknowingly by the same harassing supervisor. As a preloader they were using the packages to harass me, by misloading my cages up to 35 boxes of misloads a day including in the mix was no labels, packages with no labels,open spilled packages, someone literally Spit in my cage, I touched it as I got my boxes, I was harassed by supervisor when I wrote him up my grievance was torn and rip up in my face and I was told I'm not goin anywhere get bck to work.i have been physically assaulted by a male employee and told cameras were off 3 days b4 nothing they can do.i use to bike to work so I carried a pocket knife,stashed locker ,after one shift it was gone after asking a member of management to retrieve my phn from the locker so I can get a number out of it. Cameras refused to remind.... I can go on on ..do u need more details and scenarios so you can be able to give good sound advice without the negativity and being sarcastic
Sounds to me like you have really pissed some people off. Good luck.

Est.1998

Smh its Just the beginning. And u have right to ur personal opinion and I accept it n I don't take it
Sounds to me like you have really pissed some people off. Good luck.
I agree.
What @M!dnit!3 is going through is beyond normal.
I'd quit and work some place else.
You don't have anything to lose being that you've only worked here for less than 5 years.
I'm guessing you're still in your 20's.
The world is yours.
Why would you want to continue working at a place that treated you like that?

D

Deleted member 85362

I made a personal attack in this thread.. I forgot what I wrote.. pm m

I agree.
What @M!dnit!3 is going through is beyond normal.
I'd quit and work some place else.
You don't have anything to lose being that you've only worked here for less than 5 years.
I'm guessing you're still in your 20's.
The world is yours.
Why would you want to continue working at a place that treated you like that?
I love the job and its my type of hands on work, I'm late 30s and all my life I have had dead-end fast food jobs that treated like crap and fired me for whatever, whenever. I also was apart of a local Organization thats fought against major companies as burger King,McDonald's, Rallys ,hotels and local construction sites who were not paying their workers right,mistreating, and failing to provide Ppe. I was also a member of the fight for 15 who fought for 15 dollar livable wage and a union and i was also a member of the BYP. So when I got the job at ups I was happy to be apart of union, except when I started pay rate wasn't 15 but it was better than the the states 7.25 per hour minimum wage. Im not one pay rise from 15. Tbh the job has cause me mega stress to the point I wanted to give up.. But I literally am just defending myself against the lies and accusation and tbh time will tell my outcome. So I'm not giving up this battle. Another thing I want to clear my file so I Can be able to get another job with the bad reports that are now in my file.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If you didn’t do anything then why worry about it.

I had a claim filed on me recently by business we apparently make pickups. They called the company and made a complaint about it and the regional manager called down and told my center manager to deal with me accordingly. They brought me into the office in the morning so I grabbed a shop steward and I immediately said what’s going on?

He told me the situation to me and told my I might end up being suspended for it.

Knowing he was full of :censored2: about it, I knew they were wrong because the route I had ran has no problems with me and I’m pretty confident I don’t just curse out people in uniform in the job just to avoid situations like these.

I told him they need to investigate that claim fully and talk to the customer before taking any action against me. The steward agreed.

Day later they told me I was right. The claim was for a DRIVER AT ANOTHER CENTER THAT DOES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SECTION OF THE CITY WE DO NOT EVEN GO IN.

Didn’t even get a sorry

D

Deleted member 85362

Ikr.. they also marked my as a call in on my off days, I am marked late when I'm on time, during my vacation one of my option days was used. I was granted a vacation this year n it was taken bck unknowingly by the same harassing supervisor. As a preloader they were using the packages to harass me, by misloading my cages up to 35 boxes of misloads a day including in the mix was no labels, packages with no labels,open spilled packages, someone literally Spit in my cage, I touched it as I got my boxes, I was harassed by supervisor when I wrote him up my grievance was torn and rip up in my face and I was told I'm not goin anywhere get bck to work.i have been physically assaulted by a male employee and told cameras were off 3 days b4 nothing they can do.i use to bike to work so I carried a pocket knife,stashed locker ,after one shift it was gone after asking a member of management to retrieve my phn from the locker so I can get a number out of it. Cameras refused to remind.... I can go on on ..do u need more details and scenarios so you can be able to give good sound advice without the negativity and beingh

Not only that... but I DID NOTHING WRONG, ITS ALL ACCUSATIONS I have paper trail

I had a claim filed on me recently by business we apparently make pickups. They called the company and made a complaint about it and the regional manager called down and told my center manager to deal with me accordingly. They brought me into the office in the morning so I grabbed a shop steward and I immediately said what’s going on?

He told me the situation to me and told my I might end up being suspended for it.

Knowing he was full of * about it, I knew they were wrong because the route I had ran has no problems with me and I’m pretty confident I don’t just curse out people in uniform in the job just to avoid situations like these.

I told him they need to investigate that claim fully and talk to the customer before taking any action against me. The steward agreed.

Day later they told me I was right. The claim was for a DRIVER AT ANOTHER CENTER THAT DOES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SECTION OF THE CITY WE DO NOT EVEN GO IN.

Didn’t even get a sorry
Wow, I never get a chance to explain my side, or given a chance for investigation of wht I'm being accused for, no witnesses are called and I'm just written up ,can't speak my side, if I do I'm called out for speaking over my supervisor, bc he would start talking while I'm talking. But I never get an investigation, Just multiple write ups.Yesterday I received 8 write ups. A couple of write ups were from days before ,also accusations. But the supervisor kept calling me out for speaking over him, and had another sup at stationed at a computer, who had this write ups already written up and handed to me n read in the meeting,. For instance when he give me the floor ,he begins to talk over me n calls out ,tells the sup at computer did you get that ,bring the write it, he did that at least 4xs until it went from intend,, to suspend ,to a discharge while 3 union reps in the office and allowed it to happen.

D

Deleted member 85362

Knowing he was full of * about it, I knew they were wrong because the route I had ran has no problems with me and I’m pretty confident I don’t just curse out people in uniform in the job just to avoid situations like these.

Didn’t even get a sorry
I'm less than worried.. im not even worried about how my bills is gonna get paid bc I am totally innocent and I totally believe in wht u put in the universe it returns .. its a universal Law. Im less than worried.. but tbh I feel like I need.mental evaluation though. Bc I'm experiencing memory loss due to this. They purposely try to cross me up when im telling wht happened, by stopping me mid sentence asking me about some else and yelling me to continue. they also wait months and months to address my grievances and concerns on wht happened to the point I dnt remember things, which is why I have started a paper trail on Every foul thing this company has done to me.