My union dues are paid up, but I'm fed up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 85362
  • Start date

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I'm less than worried.. im not even worried about how my bills is gonna get paid bc I am totally innocent and I totally believe in wht u put in the universe it returns .. its a universal Law. Im less than worried.. but tbh I feel like I need.mental evaluation though. Bc I'm experiencing memory loss due to this. They purposely try to cross me up when im telling wht happened, by stopping me mid sentence asking me about some else and yelling me to continue. they also wait months and months to address my grievances and concerns on wht happened to the point I dnt remember things, which is why I have started a paper trail on Every foul thing this company has done to me.
I wouldn’t work for them. You’re doing it to yourself at this point.

Either go overboard outside of that building against the causes, or find a new job.

No job is worth your physical or mental health.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This company is all about revenge and on some mean constant won't stop until their evil deeds are accomplished and they are satisfied.
68E8AD55-001C-4B15-AAF3-F429FE3A1BF8.jpeg

D

Deleted member 85362

If you didn’t do anything then why worry about it.

I had a claim filed on me recently by business we apparently make pickups. They called the company and made a complaint about it and the regional manager called down and told my center manager to deal with me accordingly. They brought me into the office in the morning so I grabbed a shop steward and I immediately said what’s going on?

He told me the situation to me and told my I might end up being suspended for it.

Knowing he was full of * about it, I knew they were wrong because the route I had ran has no problems with me and I’m pretty confident I don’t just curse out people in uniform in the job just to avoid situations like these.

I told him they need to investigate that claim fully and talk to the customer before taking any action against me. The steward agreed.

Day later they told me I was right. The claim was for a DRIVER AT ANOTHER CENTER THAT DOES A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SECTION OF THE CITY WE DO NOT EVEN GO IN.

Didn’t even get a sorry
I'm just sharing my horrible experience at this job. I have work more sh'xty jobs than this one and I have never been tormented ,mentally abused, harassed ,physically assaulted, my personal things stolen from me... I started intregrad with no uniform ! I literally had to borrow a uniform is wht I told them, but a coworker gave me the uniform within my 1st year at ups. I held the uniform for 3 years. HR didn't kn I had a uniform, they wanted me to be stuck out so I was told my uniform was going to be bought the morning of the class and she clearly informed me that she washed them but didn't iron and they were 3xs to big for me. And I had a ups jacket for the temperature in the class.🤪. Mind you everyone in the class had uniforms labeled with their names except me. To purposely make me look lik Shxt in class, they wanted me to be wrinkled and uncomfortable with big clothes on, I'm 5'5 bout 125 soak and wet. I was given xlarge shirt and pants twice my size.

quad decade guy

To the OP,

At the start, by your writing style....I thought you were maybe 18. Late 30's? Only job's you've ever had are fast food? Hoping to FORCE better wages? And could not hold those? I'm curious, we have pkg and feeder jobs go begging and have to hire off the street. These are $90-150K careers. Just about anyone with a 9th grade education could do them. Probably. Have you bid full time?

But then the liberal stuff.....it all kinda comes together. Leading to a lost cause.

Even if you start your own company, you will still have um masters.....

I'd wish you good luck in your new career as yours at UPS is not for long.

Life can be challenging. You might look into a bit of education on self-reliance, motivation and critical thinking. There is a whole world out there for information-youtube for example.

If you took a long, critical examination of all the common factors in your employment failures, life disappointments....
you would probably find it is....YOU. Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

BTW-did I read that right.....your ex tried to kill you? hmmmm.

Indecisi0n

what to do if I have filed multiple grievances on a supervisor for harassment, retaliation ,forcing me to work unsafe and causing a hostile work environment? Up until the point i no longer felt safe at ups and protetected by my union representatives , and I had to call the police to protect me because my union rep and the whole union itself, has failed me.
No one forces you to work unsafe.

quad decade guy

I don't think so...not militant(racist) enough. Sounds like a typical white liberal. A really inane one.

But no matter? Didn't she say she had been fired?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And this is what I mean @zubenelgenubi :)

I understand. We aren't going to sort things out here. OP needs to call the alert line and at least have a chat with someone at the next level in her Local. I know it doesn't take much for some people to feel affronted, but sometimes just feeling like they have been heard, and maybe given a little advice, can go a long way towards resolving the issues.

quad decade guy

I understand. We aren't going to sort things out here. OP needs to call the alert line and at least have a chat with someone at the next level in her Local. I know it doesn't take much for some people to feel affronted, but sometimes just feeling like they have been heard, and maybe given a little advice, can go a long way towards resolving the issues.
Then what? She'll never survive.

D

Deleted member 85362

I wouldn’t work for them. You’re doing it to yourself at this point.

Either go overboard outside of that building against the causes, or find a new job.

No job is worth your physical or mental

No one forces you to work unsafe.
Are you asking me how was i forced to work unsafe?? So I asked the scanner to stop the belt 3xs because the belts were jammed and stopped, the sup told the scanner to turn the belt bck on, 3 Times! That is forcing me to work unsafe bc I voiced 3xs there was a hazard ! 🤔 smh at the negativity from the members on here though

rod

Retired 22 years
I love the job and its my type of hands on work, I'm late 30s and all my life I have had dead-end fast food jobs that treated like crap and fired me for whatever, whenever. I also was apart of a local Organization thats fought against major companies as burger King,McDonald's, Rallys ,hotels and local construction sites who were not paying their workers right,mistreating, and failing to provide Ppe. I was also a member of the fight for 15 who fought for 15 dollar livable wage and a union and i was also a member of the BYP. So when I got the job at ups I was happy to be apart of union, except when I started pay rate wasn't 15 but it was better than the the states 7.25 per hour minimum wage. Im not one pay rise from 15. Tbh the job has cause me mega stress to the point I wanted to give up.. But I literally am just defending myself against the lies and accusation and tbh time will tell my outcome. So I'm not giving up this battle. Another thing I want to clear my file so I Can be able to get another job with the bad reports that are now in my file.
You have a history of being fired? I’m beginning to understand what the problem is.

Est.1998

Isn't that our purpose here at The Brown Café?
I get to come here and live out my childhood dream of being a social worker to the stars!!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I had to call the police to protect me because my union rep and the whole union itself, has failed me.
You called the police on your employer, the employees employed there, and a whole other business entity because you felt unsafe? After you reported this to the authorities, what did they suggest you do for the next plan of action? I mean with all this danger abound, I cannot believe any law enforcement agency would not have investigated the alleged players or pursued charges after consulting with the state and county attorneys.
As unsafe as you felt, you still felt safe enough to return to this egregiously dangerous and hostile environment (based on your own statement), and continued working up until you were ultimately terminated?

targeted harassed also where they are using employees to do their dirty work. For example when I'm sorter ,deep in my flow and concentrating, the box flow would all of a sudden comes faster and back to back. That supervisor would sneak unloaders into the trailer putting me under management stress bc now I can't handle the heavy flow on my own and its only Fair to double up on sort isle also. The belt speed is also turned up on me. I plenty more real life examples.
The few minutes I have spent reading your comments leads me to believe that there are other forces in play here. IDK if anyone has ever told you this before, but you should really go talk to someone in psychiatry who can help you sort out these persecutory delusions.
I even considered myself a slave to ups.
See above...
when I got low on snacks $ I would hit the office up for some pretzels. We became Kool even switched #s and chatted it sometimes. One day I came into the office for pretzels and they say something about me being broke and they weren't any more pretzels and go buy my own. I took it as they were having a bad day. Later that day I was accused for sexual harassment. I'm late 30s and all my life I have had dead-end fast food jobs that treated like crap and fired me for whatever, whenever.
You are in your 30's mooching for chump change for the vending machine and when you finally get told to pound sand you think they are having a bad day? Did the thought cross your mind that maybe being in your 30s mooching for kibbles might be a problem from the start. I would definitely re-assess your life goals and priorities if your biggest accomplishment is being over 30 and working at UPS for $15 an hour, getting free kibbles, and having been fired from all your dead end jobs.

I'd be hard pressed to think that all these other employers are out to get you for no reason. Might be time to have a talk with yourself and get some help because in reality, YOU might actually just be the problem.

Est.1998

Are you asking me how was i forced to work unsafe?? So I asked the scanner to stop the belt 3xs because the belts were jammed and stopped, the sup told the scanner to turn the belt bck on, 3 Times! That is forcing me to work unsafe bc I voiced 3xs there was a hazard ! 🤔 smh at the negativity from the members on here though
After all the negativity you allow from your daily interactions at your workplace, it should feel like a visit to Grandma's here.