MyChoice service now cost $5 per package!

worldwide

I'm extremely disappointed in UPS. They secretly changed their policy for UPS access points/stores to now charge customers $5 for every package rerouted there. This was a free service for years. Now they are charging???? They are even charging customers who own a mailbox at that store! Bad business.

You are mistaken. Prices for MyChoice services have not changed since the service was launched.

Pickup/Hold for Pickup @ UPS Center is free. Deliver to an Access Point is free.

Requesting your package to be delivered to an alternate address is free for premium members and $5 for non-premium customers - always has been.

It's all spelled out here at an official source for UPS information- nothing secret: UPS My Choice® | UPS Services

In terms of what is charged at The UPS Store, UPS only dictates shipping rates at the stores. All other services and their prices are set by the individual store based on their own market conditions. If your The UPS Store wants to charge customers for extra services, that's up to them.

Poop Head

Judge me.
lets say you preorder the new Taylor Swift cd Reputation, and you have the tracking number memorized, the text message updates and everything counting down the time till your musical package arrives.
What if it's scheduled for delivery at a time you are not home? #Bummer

Taylor Swift is pretty awesome,
I'm keeping my eye on you..

I'm keeping my eye on you..
On her?
xT9IgNOJ8ChBJqE8GQ.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm extremely disappointed in UPS. They secretly changed their policy for UPS access points/stores to now charge customers $5 for every package rerouted there. This was a free service for years. Now they are charging???? They are even charging customers who own a mailbox at that store! Bad business.
flood.gif

AlliSeeisBrown

UPS isn't making enough money. We're practically going negative with all these bubba burgers working for us. Drivers have plenty of time to make sales leads but are choosing to be insubordinate instead. Incurring more cost to the customer is the only solution.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
UPS isn't making enough money. We're practically going negative with all these bubba burgers working for us. Drivers have plenty of time to make sales leads but are choosing to be insubordinate instead. Incurring more cost to the customer is the only solution.
What are you on and can I have some??

Indecisi0n

I believe it's for those people who need to be present to receive their package.

So If they are not home to sign for the package than it will not be left on their porch. And they'd have to wait another day or two for it to be sent out attempting delivery again.

Meaning they would miss out on receiving their box because they weren't home in time for delivery.

UPS provides the option to pick it up at your own convenience (with in regular store business hours) at a local ups store. (Costs for this service may vary based on locations)

I believe this service would also come in handy to those who track their package,

lets say you preorder the new Taylor Swift cd Reputation, and you have the tracking number memorized, the text message updates and everything counting down the time till your musical package arrives.
What if it's scheduled for delivery at a time you are not home? #Bummer

Taylor Swift is pretty awesome, so you wouldn't want to tempt your neighbors to accidentally borrow it before you got home....

Some good solutions to keeping your prized packages, yours- could be knowing and trusting all your neighbors completely and also installing high tech surveillance systems, around your house, to alert you if your Tswift has been tampered with, while she waits patiently on your porch for your return. Being the captain of a neighborhood watch.

Or, simply have your package delevired to a local ups store, to ultimately ensure that you will be listening to Taylor Swift's album before you neighbors do.

This answer- is subject to modifications changes corrections and deletion. It is only the opinion of a ups employee and is not knowledgeable fact on behalf of UPS company.
Way too much talking.