Naptime

porkwagon

Yep. I often eat while working but my hour break is for napping. I set an alarm on my cell phone. One time around 1990 before everyone had a cell phone, I took a nap during lunch, but slept for about 3 hours. Manager had to call co workers' pickups to have them call back to bail me out. I was embarrassed. I had to buy the beers. Good times!

Indecisi0n

Yep. I often eat while working but my hour break is for napping. I set an alarm on my cell phone. One time around 1990 before everyone had a cell phone, I took a nap during lunch, but slept for about 3 hours. Manager had to call co workers' pickups to have them call back to bail me out. I was embarrassed. I had to buy the beers. Good times!
Today you'd be suspended.

JackStraw

Everyday for 20-30 minutes. Don't understand how I can nod out on a metal shelf with a LL Bean pkg as a pillow in a few minutes yet I'm staring at the ceiling on my Sealy posturpedic.

asphaltcowboy

Guy I cover for keeps a roll up nap pad. Depends on how I slept the previous night but I've took many naps either at my house or just right on th egress. Tried the shelf but I'm just too wide for it

FilingBluesFL

I take a nap every day.

When I had my OJS ride a few months ago, I scarfed down my lunch, and went out to the truck to take my nap.

I guess the Sup. thought we were doing a short lunch, and the stooge stood outside the truck and waited while I sawed 40 minutes of logs off lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've taken naps but I have also fallen asleep at the table after eating my lunch. If I feel a nap coming on I'll try and set my phone alarm. If not, I hope for the best.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I take a nap every day.

When I had my OJS ride a few months ago, I scarfed down my lunch, and went out to the truck to take my nap.

I guess the Sup. thought we were doing a short lunch, and the stooge stood outside the truck and waited while I sawed 40 minutes of logs off lol

...and you didn't have the common courtesy to let him know what you were doing....?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've taken naps but I have also fallen asleep at the table after eating my lunch. If I feel a nap coming on I'll try and set my phone alarm. If not, I hope for the best.
Yeah i always set my phone. I also have an app called relax and sleep or something that plays white noise, ocean, etc

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I can't even think of taking a nap. I know I'd wake up at 9pm or so. Think the air would be late to the building. Oops
Same here. If somebody wants to take a nap during their shift that's their business not mine and don't really care but in my opinion its funny as hell they have to take a nap during their shift and kinda babyish really lol. I know im a catch hell for it but that's just my opinion but if they want to take a nap and that's what works for them, hey more power to them, that's their business not mine lol.

OldMan

When I ride with a driver once he clears a shelf off I go back & take a nap. I have them wake me up 15 minutes before we get back to the Hub.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I ride with a driver once he clears a shelf off I go back & take a nap. I have them wake me up 15 minutes before we get back to the Hub.
I used to have an on-car that did that as well. We used to actually deliver pillows from spiegel that was shipped in a sewed up bag. Very convenient.

Do you take a nap on lunch? One guy I know brings a hammock. Another guy does what I do--grab an LL Bean bag and lay on the 2000 shelf.

Today I had trouble finding a bag to use for a pillow :)

Do you nap? It's a good way to recharge the batteries.
I have a thick rug rolled up in my truck with a pillow. I lay down ever day and shut my eyes.