nashville ice

Integrity

Binge Poster
i do appreciate this not being deleted. I cant just shake this job off. I signed up for a driver job umder the impression that I would be crushed in training. I wanted to appreciate everyone and felt very fortunate- even with the 22.4 cons - to be a driver so soon and possibly start a new career in my mid 30's. Im also human and humans get tired and when something goes wrong thats why theres a multi billion dollar alarm industry. Also ran by humans. So, redirect any vitriol to the parties in charge. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I had over 10k stops under my belt. Without an alarm how could i know theres a problem?
I certainly sympathize with you. So sorry this had to happen. I believe you when you say you had the hand brake engaged.

Integrity

Binge Poster
i get that. but its just amazing how ups is completely absolved of any blame here. its just amazing new drivers with no cdl dont deliver anything for a week in atlanta. its insane there arent more alarms with how fast we have to move. its insane and im tired of peoples willful insanity on such a big scale that we all just accept it and then scourge the little guy for speaking up about it.
It is a shame but my experience has shown that you will not get much support at UPS or here on the BC. I really feel bad that this has happened to you.

I will admit, I used a hand brake for quite some time before I knew I could tighten it.

11.19igrad

It is a shame but my experience has shown that you will not get much support at UPS or here on the BC. I really feel bad that this has happened to you.

I will admit, I used a hand brake for quite some time before I knew I could tighten it.
ive actually gotten pretty close to 40/60 support vs middle fingers which is why I miss the job and the variety on BC. im not the worlds
smartest dude but the implications of the way ups lets center mgrs decide who gets to learn what so they can favor them is something way bigger than me and far more insidious than the loss of my job. there are plenty of elements to the job in which the only way is to throw newbies to the wolves. but they essentially put you out there to be a dental assistant without ever looking into a patients mouth. They should only pass 30-50% of each integrad bootcamp. thats how tough it should be. thats what i thought it would be. 12 hrs a day terrified learning while making deliveries out on the road in teams. there would be zillions of dots connected in brains that diad simulations for 4 days in class dont even begin to touch. its disrespectful to the job and to the students. if i passed a real driver bootcamp, i would have had zero problems. but its almost like they dont want that. they want to play center mgr games. i know plenty of drivers have done just fine in this system- but mainly because they fit preferential bills by individual center mgrs- not because of a company standard that if u pass bootcamp- u have the job. maybe i'm clutching on to a fantasy of what it should be. i guess i am but the reality is just too much of a letdown.

i feel like those idiots who charged the capital, facing federal charges and no pardon from trump.

11.19igrad

i remember being stunned speechless because one of the instructors literally said in class- "theres a ton of stuff we wont teach you."

i was just like wtf. i went home feeling very confused and very unprepared.

i mean i had a lot of good days but those good days in ignorance feel especially insulting.

like you spent time with someone and loved those memories just to find out later they are married. now those memories feel painful like betrayal.

it wasnt just a job to me, my whole family and friends were proud of me.

starbucks is just a job

11.19igrad

so, will today be day 3 no drivers in nashville? a classmate from my hub and I still text.

i drove to and from work in my 04 tahoe 2wd and did not enjoy it one bit. wtf is 2wd /rwd doing in a tahoe anyway?

that popular car dude on youtube says 4x4 awd is expensive, etc etc... well u get what u pay for. i may as well be driving a Prius 🥶🥶🥶

any ounce of a hill or a slope in anything except a jeep or 4x4 / awd you can forget it.

i like the new sequoias i wonder how beast they are in this much ice...

El Correcto

god is dead
i get that. but its just amazing how ups is completely absolved of any blame here. its just amazing new drivers with no cdl dont deliver anything for a week in atlanta. its insane there arent more alarms with how fast we have to move. its insane and im tired of peoples willful insanity on such a big scale that we all just accept it and then scourge the little guy for speaking up about it.
Wow UPS hired me and gave me a shot at making 80k a year with no previous experience or education. So now that I blew that shot I’m going to bitch and complain that they didn’t require previous experience or education.

Dude it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to park a vehicle on an incline.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
ive actually gotten pretty close to 40/60 support vs middle fingers which is why I miss the job and the variety on BC. im not the worlds
smartest dude but the implications of the way ups lets center mgrs decide who gets to learn what so they can favor them is something way bigger than me and far more insidious than the loss of my job. there are plenty of elements to the job in which the only way is to throw newbies to the wolves. but they essentially put you out there to be a dental assistant without ever looking into a patients mouth. They should only pass 30-50% of each integrad bootcamp. thats how tough it should be. thats what i thought it would be. 12 hrs a day terrified learning while making deliveries out on the road in teams. there would be zillions of dots connected in brains that diad simulations for 4 days in class dont even begin to touch. its disrespectful to the job and to the students. if i passed a real driver bootcamp, i would have had zero problems. but its almost like they dont want that. they want to play center mgr games. i know plenty of drivers have done just fine in this system- but mainly because they fit preferential bills by individual center mgrs- not because of a company standard that if u pass bootcamp- u have the job. maybe i'm clutching on to a fantasy of what it should be. i guess i am but the reality is just too much of a letdown.

i feel like those idiots who charged the capital, facing federal charges and no pardon from trump.
@11.19igrad i’m a :censored2:ty gambler, but I’m willing to bet this is your first time being fired in your life… That, my friend, is something to be proud of

I can’t recall ever in my life leaving a job voluntarily…

MisplacedRailWorker

i remember being stunned speechless because one of the instructors literally said in class- "theres a ton of stuff we wont teach you."

i was just like wtf. i went home feeling very confused and very unprepared.

i mean i had a lot of good days but those good days in ignorance feel especially insulting.

like you spent time with someone and loved those memories just to find out later they are married. now those memories feel painful like betrayal.

it wasnt just a job to me, my whole family and friends were proud of me.

starbucks is just a job
When I got fired from UPS the third time, I applied for Starbucks… failed the background check

MisplacedRailWorker

When I got fired from UPS the third time, I applied for Starbucks… failed the background check
I was absolutely :censored2:ing livid
They offered me just a dollar less than I was making as a Tue-Sat driver and gave the whole nine as far as benefits starting on your first day… When I left the interview I was thinking about how beautiful my life would be serving you guys coffee and then watching you go about your miserable :censored2:ing day
As I make myself a free latte

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We're supposed to get 1 or 2 inches of ice and snow throughout the day but a lot of the hubs that feed our center are going to get hit with a lot worse. I predict late or no airs, a skeleton crew of routes tomorrow who will then be called in around lunchtime. I know some of the rural routes won't even be sent out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
so, will today be day 3 no drivers in nashville? a classmate from my hub and I still text.

i drove to and from work in my 04 tahoe 2wd and did not enjoy it one bit. wtf is 2wd /rwd doing in a tahoe anyway?

that popular car dude on youtube says 4x4 awd is expensive, etc etc... well u get what u pay for. i may as well be driving a Prius 🥶🥶🥶

any ounce of a hill or a slope in anything except a jeep or 4x4 / awd you can forget it.

i like the new sequoias i wonder how beast they are in this much ice...

You getting fired was the best possible outcome
If it hadn’t been the parking brake it would have been something else

Time to move on little fella

11.19igrad

Wow UPS hired me and gave me a shot at making 80k a year with no previous experience or education. So now that I blew that shot I’m going to bitch and complain that they didn’t require previous experience or education.

Dude it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to park a vehicle on an incline.
i had parked hundreds of them by now. I didn't give it a 2nd thought. And it does take SOME education for any job in which you can earn $80k. U can't take shortcuts and this is what UPS cant stand -so they take them anyway.

Grindstone

Went in today. Told us to only attempt the business deliveries we had on our pc's and to sheet the rest as EC and toss on belt when we got back. We had a 10am start time, I got there at 1030. Got stuck on a hill about a mile away from my house, and no plows have even touched the state highway that goes to the interstate. Glad my dad has a tractor. Not sure if I'm going to make it tomorrow with the next round of snow and ice coming in.