nashville ice

El Correcto

god is dead
This is the first time that they've texted me not to come in due to weather. Going to be real fun playing catch up this week.
I don’t think UPS gives a flying :censored2: about weather conditions. It’s probably due to businesses closing down.

Like here they decided not to let us drive on snow because businesses shut down for it. The sun melted the snow, night refroze it to sheets of ice and now UPS has decided icy roads can be drove on since other businesses have decided the same.

Overpaid Union Thug

We were closed again today. Didn’t get much done yesterday. At this point they should just cut our rural routes and let us double up or triple up the more drivable areas in our area. Then do the same next week to get caught up in the rural areas. It would work if so many people weren’t sitting at home all this week ordering even more overpriced Amazon items. We’ll get hit hard as all that comes in next week. Just as we’re starting to get caught up.

El Correcto

god is dead
We were closed again today. Didn’t get much done yesterday. At this point they should just cut our rural routes and let us double up or triple up the more drivable areas in our area. Then do the same next week to get caught up in the rural areas. It would work if so many people weren’t sitting at home all this week ordering even more overpriced Amazon items. We’ll get hit hard as all that comes in next week. Just as we’re starting to get caught up.
I’m out in the country as well. They didn’t call it off today so I guess I’m going to go play in the snow until they call us back in. I already know most the streets on my route are going to be undeliverable. Might even put me on another route today and not send mine out.

govols019

You smell that?

Job security.

You getting fired was the best possible outcome
If it hadn’t been the parking brake it would have been something else

Time to move on little fella
We got the new 11.19 update
IMG_20210218_155408500.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
In central-ish Texas. Today was our first day back. Anyone that didn’t want to come in didn’t have to. Still a ton of ice everywhere. No rural routes went out.

11.19igrad

I recently learned that texas utilities are state run to avoid government regulation.
The situation in Texas has sparked backlash, as state Republicans and Governor Greg Abbott face criticism for decisions they made related to energy usage and the power grid.

Texas operates on an independent electricity grid instead of being federally regulated, which means it's unable to pull electricity from other grids when there are surge demands. So the current surge instead led to millions without power and heat for extended periods of time.

The state was the only one in the continental United States to operate on an independent grid.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The situation in Texas has sparked backlash, as state Republicans and Governor Greg Abbott face criticism for decisions they made related to energy usage and the power grid.

Texas operates on an independent electricity grid instead of being federally regulated, which means it's unable to pull electricity from other grids when there are surge demands. So the current surge instead led to millions without power and heat for extended periods of time.

The state was the only one in the continental United States to operate on an independent grid.

Orange Man Bad.

11.19igrad

We got the new 11.19 updateView attachment 328856
I realize u guys are old timers and I would like to think I could have been one if I were older. I realize my "sob story" is probably much needed comic relief from a career doing exactly what I was doing for $15 more an hour and 6 weeks vacay in your prime. The thing is, you are are a generation behind me. So you dont care about my generation. There will be those who skate by on figuring everything out themselves or being more "likeable" and gaining extra cushion. My story can still happen to anyone of them and anyones loved ones around a ups truck who rightfully believes that driver is aware of every hazard and plausibly assumes there will be a warning in the event of the 70,000 to 1 odds of a freak situation/ accident. Theres no excuse for zero online training, no excuse for no delivery training on actual deliveries, no excuse for zero sup or trainer tests on methods on a route. Its just not sexy so it hasnt made it into union demands and negotiations. Its almost like it threatens manhood or something. So fine, make your $93k a year with great insurance and feel like you run the world. Real men think of others and think of common sense. Not having any chance to catch a mistake
or prevent this accident via training and/or alarms does not make any common sense. If it had cost a life- is that worth all of your posturing? since u guys are "real
men"- no microwave,
no plumbing, no cars, no insurance.
no union making ups pay and insure you well. you're just on your own.
no one needs to consider you and you dont need to consider anyone else.
real men live texas style in a sub zero blizzard!