nashville snow

11.19igrad

just curious if drivers went out yesterday. seems like even the toughest 4x4s were struggling, including mine. lots of jackknifed 18 wheelers. the hills here are merciless even with a bit of ice. hope any drivers who did go out are ok.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
just curious if drivers went out yesterday. seems like even the toughest 4x4s were struggling, including mine. lots of jackknifed 18 wheelers. the hills here are merciless even with a bit of ice. hope any drivers who did go out are ok.
2280AD41-604E-4D61-8F3D-907941B8A83B.jpeg

This is what us Minnesotans worked in all week … with a foot of snow on ground too.

Overpaid Union Thug

Southerners can't understand how snow works.

Yes. It's clear or white. And "all y'all" can't handle anything over 1/16"

Most northerners can’t drive in what Nashville experienced either. Just ask the many northerners that got stuck all over Tennessee Friday/Saturday because they thought it was just “clear white stuff.” There’s plenty to ask since so many have ditched the north and Cali to move to Tennessee.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

I saw plenty of 4x4s, as well as every other type of vehicle, in ditches or just bogged down. AWD vehicles seemed to fair better. But none of that matters if the person behind the wheel doesn’t respect the conditions under foot and wheel. Ignorance and arrogance put more people off the road than the snow/ice did.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We got hit with 2 storms in a week. Were sent out Monday with 8 inches on the ground and still falling with 30mph winds.

Got a message 2 hours in to head back after 5 drivers got stuck and 2 more in accidents. We spent all week cleaning up and then got hit again Friday, this time the majority of the snow falling where our feeder hubs are.

Our 22.4 drivers are working right now, burnt out and grumpy. I'm at home eating a belgian waffle. The perks of being an RPCD.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
nashville got 6 inches of snow. not 16 lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

A freaking Land Cruiser will not struggle in six inches of snow.

(At least not with a competent driver.)