National Grievance Committee October Docket available online

bellesmom

It was somewhat of a relief to see approximately 20 Locals still in there fighting for the 22.3 jobs that just vanished all over the Country. What happens if everything is deadlocked at this panel? Is there a point after mulitiple deadlocks when UPS is finally forced to adhere to the Contract they signed and agreed to?

JonFrum

According to Article 8, the Union can submit a deadlocked case to Binding Arbitration. The Union can also strike to enforce a majority Panel decision that UPS refuses to comply with.

Past National Grievance Panel decisions are available here, (along with lots of other UPS stuff):
http://www.tdu.org/view/ups

Brown to Brown

Are those numbers for grievances mean that there are some that go back to 2007? Can't the union just win 1 22.3 case to resolve them all? Seems like just to settle the matter they need to just win 1!!! Isnt that how we got the language? The teamsters heard 1 greivance and we won the full time jobs for everyone. What is diiferent now? JUST PURSUE 1 PLEASE

Brown to Brown

I don't think there are ANY deadlocked 22.3 grievances. If there are no deadlocked grievance, how does it get to arbitration? Is the issue just sitting out there? My stewart told me that on a conference call from the IBT, he was told that because of the economy, they are not going to pursue the grievances because we might lose. Has anyone else heard this?

22.34life

It was somewhat of a relief to see approximately 20 Locals still in there fighting for the 22.3 jobs that just vanished all over the Country. What happens if everything is deadlocked at this panel? Is there a point after mulitiple deadlocks when UPS is finally forced to adhere to the Contract they signed and agreed to?
before we start talking about cases being deadlocked lets just let one single case concerning 22.3 jobs at least be heard.these cases have been put on committee hold,whatever that means for 2 years now.last i heard hoffa and his boys said all 22.3 cases would be refered back to the local level to be heard.

Brown to Brown

So...committee hold means what? That both sides agree to delay being heard? So...locals obviously are stonewalled purposely at the highest level? Seems like whoever is over the union side at that high level makes those decisions, right? How could we force our grievances to be heard when they all end up in the hands of our top guy? Seriousley, I just don't get it.

Brown to Brown

I'm new to this forum. Actually stumbled upon it googling. I've been reading post after post about my 22.3 situation. I've learned much and I feel glad that I'm not alone, but I also feel sad.

Brown to Brown

National Grievance Committee October Docket

Does "cases carried over" really mean not heard? I made a call to a very reliable source, he said N 07 means that it is a national case submitted in 2007! Could that be true? Wow!

bellesmom

before we start talking about cases being deadlocked lets just let one single case concerning 22.3 jobs at least be heard.these cases have been put on committee hold,whatever that means for 2 years now.last i heard hoffa and his boys said all 22.3 cases would be refered back to the local level to be heard.

Almost unbelivable it's been almost 2 years both parties have been dodging the 22.3 issue. I guess we'll have to hope at least 1 case is heard and resolved since no one in our building has quit or died, which I think was the original plan with split shifts having 5 hours between shifts, 6 reports that isn't paid as 6th report. A decision will have to be made as we are not giving up or going away easily.

Brown to Brown

Originally Posted by 22.34life

The problem with refered back to the local level is, seems like it just a big circle. If Ron Carey had to take this task on and we won the arbitration that started this whole 22.3 thing, why wouldn't it be Hoffa take the issue back to the arbitrator? UPS is like a top down machine. If they have been given marching orders on what to do with this issue, no one at a local could make that decision. Think about it. This has to come from the top! Come on Hoffa!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't think there are ANY deadlocked 22.3 grievances. If there are no deadlocked grievance, how does it get to arbitration? Is the issue just sitting out there? My told me that on a conference call from the IBT, he was told that because of the economy, they are not going to pursue the grievances because we might lose. Has anyone else heard this?

It's stoohurt, not stewert

Brown to Brown

I think I will try FT driving. The local cannot supercede the national with an issue as big as this. No way. It's been purposely derailed by the ones at the throne up at that level. thanks for the info.

bellesmom

I think I will try FT driving. The local cannot supercede the national with an issue as big as this. No way. It's been purposely derailed by the ones at the throne up at that level. thanks for the info.

I would try the FT driving if you think it's best for you. The majority of us are not young enough or physically intact after so many years at UPS to attempt FT driving and again..thinking it's been the plan all along. We are the smallest group so easy targets, not getting help from the Union or our co-workers but you can bet once we're rolled over they're next and we'll be able to hear the screaming.

Karma...

Originally Posted by 22.34life

The problem with refered back to the local level is, seems like it just a big circle. If Ron Carey had to take this task on and we won the arbitration that started this whole 22.3 thing, why wouldn't it be Hoffa take the issue back to the arbitrator? UPS is like a top down machine. If they have been given marching orders on what to do with this issue, no one at a local could make that decision. Think about it. This has to come from the top! Come on Hoffa!
You are correct...UPS is one company but the Teamsters operate like competing factions of an overall holding company...

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would truly hope to see some progress made on the national level on the 22.3 lay off situation. This will be the last National Grievance session before many locals have there Delegate elections. If they sit on their hands at this panel on this issue I would love to see an out cry from locals across the country. The Heat is on the IBT right now!!!! We are taking about over 10,000 full time jobs, thats over 10,000 full timers that are worried about their jobs, they have already been laid off and their is a group of part timers waiting to get these jobs that all have a very strong voice in this upcoming election. Now lets see if they allow their voice to be heard????

22.34life

I would truly hope to see some progress made on the national level on the 22.3 lay off situation. This will be the last National Grievance session before many locals have there Delegate elections. If they sit on their hands at this panel on this issue I would love to see an out cry from locals across the country. The Heat is on the IBT right now!!!! We are taking about over 10,000 full time jobs, thats over 10,000 full timers that are worried about their jobs, they have already been laid off and their is a group of part timers waiting to get these jobs that all have a very strong voice in this upcoming election. Now lets see if they allow their voice to be heard????
in my opinion the teamsters look at 22.3 jobs as a mistake carried over from another administraion.ups looks at 22.3 jobs like they always have,never wanted them in the first place.so ups and the teamsters have something in common and both can make the others problem go away,the problem being the 22.3 jobs.this is the only reason i can think of that this problem would not have been solved two years ago,i mean we have concrete language that should be an easy win at panel.i hate to say it because i like my job but even though i have seen no layoffs or anything else like what i read about on b.c regarding 22.3 jobs i believe these jobs wont be here next contract.i am really thinking about taking a package car job im only 33 and could do the work.anybody with a combo job should start making plans for 2013 and start thinking about what else they can get in a friend/t postion at ups.