Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

brown_trousers

About a decade ago. The market tumbled, some of the other players in our plan went out of business. More people retired and less and less are putting in.

I wonder why they don't put protections into those multi-employer plans. Something to the effect of;
all pension money contributed by UPS, can only be paid out to UPS employees. Thereby eliminating the possibility of our pensions dollars bailing out non-UPSers

I wonder why they don't put protections into those multi-employer plans. Something to the effect of;
all pension money contributed by UPS, can only be paid out to UPS employees.
That is was of the things that are looking at. Some sort of a hybrid plan.

I'm just sick and tired of the double talk. Make some small cuts now, so it isn't as bad in the future.

brown_trousers

I'm just sick and tired of the double talk. Make some small cuts now, so it isn't as bad in the future.

I agree. I cant understand why so many people oppose that. Its simple math. take a small reduction early on and continue to collect benefits till you die. or demand a higher benefit, and the whole thing goes bankrupt in a few years, and then you get little to nothing for the rest of your life.

It seems like a simple step in logic to understand that you would benefit more from taking the small benefit cut now, versus losing everything later on

I agree. I cant understand why so many people oppose that. Its simple math. take a small reduction early on and continue to collect benefits till you die. or demand a higher benefit, and get a little more money for a few shorts years until the whole thing goes bankrupt, and then get little to nothing for the rest of your life.

It seems like a simple step in logic to understand that you would benefit more from taking the small benefit cut now, versus losing everything later on
Answer=. Nobody has the balls to do the right thing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yellow freight didn't help us any. Hostess went bankrupt owes 10's of millions of dollars. We had a fee other big players say... friend* this , we are pulling out.
My local has Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Waste Management among others. Pretty stable places.