Natural Hair

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe you all should worry about your own :censored2:ing hair.
I do need help but this was a serious (for a change) question.
I was thinking that for 50+ years I've been around African-Americans who felt they had to have a certain hairstyle to be accepted in general society.
Of course, I had to cut shoulder length hair and shave my beard to work at UPS as a part-timer in 1973.

I had to wait until retirement before I could be natural with my own hair.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I do need help but this was a serious (for a change) question.
I was thinking that for 50+ years I've been around African-Americans who felt they had to have a certain hairstyle to be accepted in general society.
Of course, I had to cut shoulder length hair and shave my beard to work at UPS as a part-timer in 1973.
Your question might have started off as a serious question but unfortunately others on here want to take it in a different direction. I think you just answered your own question though for many years black women were made to feel that way by Society and now much more are accepting their own Natural Born features has being beautiful and proud of them

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm not hostile at all just a question out of genuine curiosity?
It was hostile. Believe it or not, but there ARE White people who have had little to no exposure to Black people and have a genuine curiosity about y'all's hair. I remember a country boy I worked with who reached out to touch a girl's hair that we both worked with. I stopped him short, and explained that you NEVER touch a Black woman's hair without permission. He didn't mean anything by it. Just curiosity.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
It was hostile. Believe it or not, but there ARE White people who have had little to no exposure to Black people and have a genuine curiosity about y'all's hair. I remember a country boy I worked with who reached out to touch a girl's hair that we both worked with. I stopped him short, and explained that you NEVER touch a Black woman's hair without permission. He didn't mean anything by it. Just curiosity.
Did he want to just push down on it or try to run his fingers thru it?

MAKAVELI

That's not curiosity that's ignorance. It's all about perception obviously ours differ.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's not curiosity that's ignorance. It's all about perception obviously ours differ.
Ignorance only comes from lack of exposure. Just as there is ignorance on the part of Whites towards Blacks because of lack of exposure, there is ignorance on the part of Blacks towards Whites for the same reason. Goes both ways. Neither has the monopoly on ignorance.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman

Just because your around or friends with black/ people of color doesn't mean that you have a clue about them. As for touching. Does a pregnant woman a want people just randomly rubbing her belly? No matter what color your skin is there's a thing call personal space. If you want information about a person why not just ask not reach out and touch. Asking a question can get an answer.

Just because your around or friends with black/ people of color doesn't mean that you have a clue about them. As for touching. Does a pregnant woman a want people just randomly rubbing her belly? No matter what color your skin is there's a thing call personal space. If you want information about a person why not just ask not reach out and touch. Asking a question can get an answer.
Can I touch your hair?