NBC Nightly News

ManInBrown

True story happened to my buddy a few years ago. 100 degree day. The whole BS speech in the pcm pretending they care, drink water blah blah blah. Buddy calls up center at around 2. You have to come get me. I’m not feeling well. They flip out. center manager gets on the phone all pissed off. Go park under a tree for a little while. center manager says where are you. Goes out all pissed off. Tells driver to get in his car. Buddy demands take me to ER. center manager stops at the store on the way so he can get something to drink.

Sorry so long

They get to the ER. Nurse comes in and buddy tells her what happened. Nurse looks right at center manager and says get the friend out of this room. You could’ve killed him by stopping for a drink. Buddy was experiencing kidney failure. Wife shows up flipping out on center manager.

Side note. I know driver in story. Don’t work in same building but he’s a New Jersey driver. Local 177

I almost guarantee the reason they won’t put AC in package cars is they are worried drivers will drop anchor to soak up the AC in the cab. Their thinking is if it’s an oven we’ll work faster to get off the clock and out of the horrible conditions

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How does your roof vent without letting water in?

CEC50C26-4EDD-4002-8BDF-C6DA29047117.jpeg

This is what our exhaust fans look like in the back of the Sprinters. There is a dome on top that keeps out the water. Does it cool the back, no, but it sure makes it so we can walk back there without the heat taking your breath away.

Zowert

Or the Alaskan pipeline

The dam and pipeline was brutal work, but nothing compares to coal mining in the late 1800s. Those dudes life expectancy was in their early 30s, but that’s if they didn’t die in an accident first. Then by the early 1900s there were a series of strikes that resulted in armed conflict.

browned out

“UPS’s first priority is the safety of our employees, who receive regular training on the company’s methods..."

How does spending exponentially more time in the cargo area due to following ORION corelate to the above BS?

After the NBC story; UPS is going to lower stop counts on excessive heat days & let us run RDO.