need advice

tieguy

Banned
Yes you are confused.

I have never said there is anything wrong with teaching safe driving information.

What I have said....repeatedly....is that there is a lot more to maintaining a "safe by choice" workplace than rote memorization of buzzwords for the purpose of passing an audit.

yes you did say that but yet you thought it was important enough to teach your kids those same buzz words when it came time for them to learn to drive. Your honor I rest my case.

tieguy

Banned
The truth hurts sometimes.

If you can show me a Safety Committee....anywhere....that has ever accomplished anything beyond Keter compliance, "wellness", or Habits acronyms, please do so and give me the opportunity to admit that I am wrong.

Good luck. I wont be holding my breath.

what accomplishments were you talking about? Perhaps our national trend at significantly reducing injuries and accidents through improved training and improved organized prevention activities by those same safety committees? you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner at this point.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
and I would suggest you give it more time and don't quit so quickly if you really want to make a difference. It takes time to get safety committees moving in a positive direction sometimes years and years of time and trying to find the right mix of people.
your response was really no different then soberups's response. you were quick to condemn and run.

by the way I'm not locked to any one building I have moved around some during my career and had a chance to see quite a few different safety committees.

So 3 months is not enough to receive training and start changing things? The safety committee has been around quite some time now, and they are still doing the same stuff. I'm not saying that repeated jargon has no merit, but there is more to safety than repeated words and phrases. When one is in a position to do something to better the environment, but gets hamstrung in the process, that's a problem.

yes you did say that but yet you thought it was important enough to teach your kids those same buzz words when it came time for them to learn to drive. Your honor I rest my case.

I have a feeling that he taught his children these things, but since there is no audit pending, he doesn't feel the need to drill them on it weekly.

what accomplishments were you talking about? Perhaps our national trend at significantly reducing injuries and accidents through improved training and improved organized prevention activities by those same safety committees? you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner at this point.

I believe that accidents and injuries reduction is a mixed bag of mgmt tricks. Some of the reduction is due to the repeated DOK and methods, while to a greater extent, the fear of being fired and mgmt not reporting injuries/accidents, takes care of the rest. In case you think I'm making this up, come visit my building. When you're hurt, the first words are, go home and see if you feel better in the morning. As for accidents, let's just replace the mirrors, who cares that the mirror arm is damaged and bent and that the bottom air vent has been ripped right off of the car.

I pointed these things out to mgmt and they were not reported, but covered up. So now what? What is the remedy? This is the reason I am quitting. It's not the fact that it takes time to get things running, but the fact that things are running exactly as mgmt wants them to run. Safety should be used the same way every time, not as we pick and choose. Accidents should be reported, as well as injuries. Let's see the real numbers, so we can work at safety from there. This is the reason why, after 3 months, I'm fed up.

If you notice, I tell the truth, warts and all. I have nothing to hide, and neither should the safety committee. MGMT doesn't want someone who's going to be honest. They want someone to be their puppet, and I ain't no puppet.:biting:

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
So 3 months is not enough to receive training and start changing things? The safety committee has been around quite some time now, and they are still doing the same stuff. I'm not saying that repeated jargon has no merit, but there is more to safety than repeated words and phrases. When one is in a position to do something to better the environment, but gets hamstrung in the process, that's a problem.

I have a feeling that he taught his children these things, but since there is no audit pending, he doesn't feel the need to drill them on it weekly.

I believe that accidents and injuries reduction is a mixed bag of mgmt tricks. Some of the reduction is due to the repeated DOK and methods, while to a greater extent, the fear of being fired and mgmt not reporting injuries/accidents, takes care of the rest. In case you think I'm making this up, come visit my building. When you're hurt, the first words are, go home and see if you feel better in the morning. As for accidents, let's just replace the mirrors, who cares that the mirror arm is damaged and bent and that the bottom air vent has been ripped right off of the car.

I pointed these things out to mgmt and they were not reported, but covered up. So now what? What is the remedy? This is the reason I am quitting. It's not the fact that it takes time to get things running, but the fact that things are running exactly as mgmt wants them to run. Safety should be used the same way every time, not as we pick and choose. Accidents should be reported, as well as injuries. Let's see the real numbers, so we can work at safety from there. This is the reason why, after 3 months, I'm fed up.

If you notice, I tell the truth, warts and all. I have nothing to hide, and neither should the safety committee. MGMT doesn't want someone who's going to be honest. They want someone to be their puppet, and I ain't no puppet.:biting:

these are the same reasons I quit the safety committee at our center.

sano

Ah, it is so good to see tie back again. I really missed some of his epic arguments with posters from long ago.
Those blue replies in 12 page threads are just part of what makes the cafe what it is.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

Steve to be honest I really don't care. I've always felt you're all about promoting yourself thus all the web pages and what not all about you. So I figure someone did not apply the proper kiss on your but cheeks thus you quit. If I was your center manager i would not want you on my safety committee because I feel you spend to much time promoting yourself. I need the quiet guys that get the work done in the back ground. So right now you're hurting because you did not get your but kissed and you're starting to turn your attention on me. Turn it back on your center manager and leave me out of it.

tieguy

Banned
Ah, it is so good to see tie back again. I really missed some of his epic arguments with posters from long ago.
Those blue replies in 12 page threads are just part of what makes the cafe what it is.:happy-very:

you talk like you've been here a long time but your ID indicates your still fairly new here?

tieguy

Banned
You have a point about the guy out partying but on the flipside I know a very large group of drivers,myself included,who only average 5 hours of sleep a day simply by trying to have a normal life. Mgmt has all kinds of neat posters around pointing out how important sleep is yet they can`t see them as they send guys out for one more "hot load". But so much as scratch it in our fatigued state and it`s our fault.

Would it be fair to say seniority rights put the decision in your hands?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
these are the same reasons I quit the safety committee at our center.

I spent a full year on mine and tried hard to get things like egress and vehicle safety issues addressed and was getting nowhere, when it was time for new member elections. Its a stacked deck as the only permanent members are mgmt. If they don't want to really address the members issues, and trust me they don't, they either wait until u quit or are replaced, and go through the motions with a new set. Here we always elect the rooks now as it's just for show, and most of us have enough on our plate with out joining the circus.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve to be honest I really don't care. I've always felt you're all about promoting yourself thus all the web pages and what not all about you. So I figure someone did not apply the proper kiss on your but cheeks thus you quit. If I was your center manager i would not want you on my safety committee because I feel you spend to much time promoting yourself. I need the quiet guys that get the work done in the back ground. So right now you're hurting because you did not get your but kissed and you're starting to turn your attention on me. Turn it back on your center manager and leave me out of it.

I haven't turned anything on you, tie, I was simply explaining my experience and refuting some of what you were saying to 705 and sober. I was honest and up front with you, figuring that you would give me a bit of your managerial wisdom, as I'm opened to thoughts from both sides of the aisle. I'm quite astounded at your last response, as I thought from your posts, that there was more to you than telling someone you don't care and don't want to hear anymore.

Mind you, I never saw this as a debate, but one guy sharing his experience with another. As far as attention goes, most of the attention on my blog is devoted to my family, as they are a huge part of my life. I have my reasons for why I feel this way, but we won't get into that, as this to may be too much for you to handle. You're the last person I ever thought would put their fingers in their ears and hummm, so they couldn't hear what was being said. This is our last interaction. Thanks for letting me know where you stand.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Steve do not worry about tie! When he is put in his place he typically goes for low blows! As he has shown here several times today. I do not think that he is really upset with us (you,me and sober), i think he is upset because he was not asked to be a mod again!

He will lick his wounds and be back soon, By the way tie, i have missed you, just didnt think you would stoop that low with steve. Take a vacation!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

When my kids come to me and tell me that something about the car is unsafe, I dont solve the problem by making them sit in a little room and recite acronyms. I spend the money to actually repair it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

No, I wasnt talking about manipulating injury statistics, I was referring to real accomplishments like solving egress problems, getting impossible time standards fixed, and getting ergonomically deficient and unsafe vehicles retrofitted or sent to the junk yards where they belong.

OOPS---sorry, I dont know what I could have been thinking, there isnt even an acronym for any of those things. Never mind.

tieguy

Banned
Steve do not worry about tie! When he is put in his place he typically goes for low blows! As he has shown here several times today. I do not think that he is really upset with us (you,me and sober), i think he is upset because he was not asked to be a mod again!

He will lick his wounds and be back soon, By the way tie, i have missed you, just didnt think you would stoop that low with steve. Take a vacation!

Red I am and have always been brutally honest. I tell people exactly what I think. If being honest is now considered a low blow then I hope I am the lowest around.

tieguy

Banned
No, I wasnt talking about manipulating injury statistics, I was referring to real accomplishments like solving egress problems, getting impossible time standards fixed, and getting ergonomically deficient and unsafe vehicles retrofitted or sent to the junk yards where they belong.

OOPS---sorry, I dont know what I could have been thinking, there isnt even an acronym for any of those things. Never mind.

still pouting? I've moved on.