Need help! How can you find out the correct address without street number

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Start scanning houses or buildings that actually post their address where a person can see them. That will give you an idea of what hundred block you're in. It will also give you an idea what the breaks are in the addresses and if you are going in the right direction, even.. Good luck to you.

Fan

Thank you for all your feedback guys. And here is what happened after I posted in the fourm:

After the 1st day of driving,my superviosr asked me to wait for his further notice for next schedule. 3 days later,I texted him to ask for next schedule date,but he did not even reply me.

Yeah,that is! Put you on a class training for a week,put you aside of the wheels for almost two months,and put you back to the wheel,asked you to drive like a pro. And then kicked you out because you were not experienced.

This also happened to a guy in the trailer next to mine. He was put away from the wheels for more than 2 months,and sucked on the 1st day driving,and then no one called him to drive again.

I'm not wasting any more time for this crap. Even a server job makes much more money than it.

And now,whoever asks me about starting the career in ups as a loader,I'll tell him:To spend 2-3 years to get yourself a degree or a license for a decnet job,or to spend 2-4 years(this is what most full-time drivers told me about the time period to promo from part-time driver to full time driver), working until you get all your joints hurt,getting a paycheck for only $150 per week, for a position that no one can guarantee. Make your choice.

WorknLateHuh

crash_20110628102439_320_240.JPG

Thanks for choosing UPS

tadpole

I didn't make it my first try. But I didn't give up, waited a year, and made it my 2nd try.

My advice to you in your future endeavors is to not give up.

JL 0513

Thank you for all your feedback guys. And here is what happened after I posted in the fourm:

After the 1st day of driving,my superviosr asked me to wait for his further notice for next schedule. 3 days later,I texted him to ask for next schedule date,but he did not even reply me.

Yeah,that is! Put you on a class training for a week,put you aside of the wheels for almost two months,and put you back to the wheel,asked you to drive like a pro. And then kicked you out because you were not experienced.

This also happened to a guy in the trailer next to mine. He was put away from the wheels for more than 2 months,and sucked on the 1st day driving,and then no one called him to drive again.

I'm not wasting any more time for this crap. Even a server job makes much more money than it.

And now,whoever asks me about starting the career in ups as a loader,I'll tell him:To spend 2-3 years to get yourself a degree or a license for a decnet job,or to spend 2-4 years(this is what most full-time drivers told me about the time period to promo from part-time driver to full time driver), working until you get all your joints hurt,getting a paycheck for only $150 per week, for a position that no one can guarantee. Make your choice.

Waiting to go driving is a risky endeavor for sure, as it is far from a guarantee as you noted. But so isn't most of life's paths that pay off. A college degree leading to a job in the field of study is also far from a guarantee. In fact, it's only about a 50% shot from what I've read. You need to figure out what it is in life that you want to do and get on that road.

Indecisi0n

Give your daily delivery houses nick names to help you remember their locations. For example :

Jackass that doesn't have a house number.

Idiot that doesn't turn their porch light on.

Lady that orders nothing but over 70's (deliver early before she's home from work so she has no help carrying them in).

Guy that is always half naked when he answers the door.

Last edited:

km3

Lady that orders nothing but over 70's (deliver early before she's home from work so she has no help carrying them in).

Oh man, I had one of those the last time I was a helper. Lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment, too. Every single day during peak. Her name and other information from the shipping label is still burned into my mind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have one customer who can't be bothered to shovel her sidewalks. Her packages go just inside her front door not pushed to the side so that she can get by them.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
I have one customer who can't be bothered to shovel her sidewalks. Her packages go just inside her front door not pushed to the side so that she can get by them.
Is it bad that when I get to a customer's house, while they stand inside the door and watch me unload their over 70 I leave it in their front lawn? LOL??

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Instead of trying to compensate for your lack of area knowledge by over driving to make up time always remember "slower is smoother, smoother is faster". By that I mean take it slow. Take your time from stop to stop. The more your develop your area knowledge and your driving skills the smoother AND faster you will complete your tasks. If you are driving like a loose cannon out there and placing yourself and others at risk by your driving you will not be allowed to drive. Everyone wants to look the part of a professional that first day out but that is not how it works. When you see a driver jumping from stop to stop with nary a mistake it has taken him some time to learn to do that. And it is like all other things...it all comes together in time.

tadpole

So how did you do that? Sign the bid sheet again?

Yes, sign any pt-ft driver bids.

Also, sign the Saturday air bid list. Saturday air will give you opportunity to get comfortable driving a package car without stress. I had to talk to HR to transfer from night sort to preload so I could do Saturdays.

Working as a preloader is better for an aspiring driver. Experience loading cars will help you find packages faster when you drive.

On your own time, practice learning the grid system. Practice finding a random address without using GPS. Learn to quickly learn which side of the street an address will be on based on if it's even or odd. As you drive around on your personal time, pay attention to street names, and addresses, noticing how they increase or decrease based on what direction you go. Always keep bearing if which way North is.

You do a good job doing your part time job, which shows that you have the potential to be a good driver. It just might come slower to you, like it did me.

Don't give up.

Fan

Thanks for your encourage man. But I really need to think about what I have to give out(time,money etc) and what I would get. I don't want to waste years for nothing,while you can spend that time somewhere to get a certificate or a degree.

Yes, sign any pt-ft driver bids.

Also, sign the Saturday air bid list. Saturday air will give you opportunity to get comfortable driving a package car without stress. I had to talk to HR to transfer from night sort to preload so I could do Saturdays.

Working as a preloader is better for an aspiring driver. Experience loading cars will help you find packages faster when you drive.

On your own time, practice learning the grid system. Practice finding a random address without using GPS. Learn to quickly learn which side of the street an address will be on based on if it's even or odd. As you drive around on your personal time, pay attention to street names, and addresses, noticing how they increase or decrease based on what direction you go. Always keep bearing if which way North is.

You do a good job doing your part time job, which shows that you have the potential to be a good driver. It just might come slower to you, like it did me.

Don't give up.
nks