Need help on a bid acknowledgement

Stan The Legend

I was pulled to sign a bid acknowledgement in August of this year for full time. I learned that another employee with less seniority was pulled before me for driving school and placed in a full time spot. I was pulled for school after peak started and was told it's only a peak season driving position. If he already has his 30 days can I still file a grievance and bump him? Also can I get remedy pay for all days he has been driving? I have also noticed some guys from my driving school getting 4-5 days a week and I'm fighting for 2 days on the road. I also have more seniority than these 2 guys I'm speaking of.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was pulled to sign a bid acknowledgement in August of this year for full time. I learned that another employee with less seniority was pulled before me for driving school and placed in a full time spot. I was pulled for school after peak started and was told it's only a peak season driving position. If he already has his 30 days can I still file a grievance and bump him? Also can I get remedy pay for all days he has been driving? I have also noticed some guys from my driving school getting 4-5 days a week and I'm fighting for 2 days on the road. I also have more seniority than these 2 guys I'm speaking of.
556861C6-2F95-47C7-A2EE-03864C1E1730.jpeg

Box Ox

We don’t have all information necessary to give an accurate opinion on what’s going on at your particular location. Grab your steward, call your BA together if you need to. Tell ‘em you think your seniority has been violated if you’ve never been sidelined by disqualifications, tickets, etc.

Stan The Legend

No tickets no disqualifications I've talked to my shop steward, he suggested I file the grievance. I don't want to paint a target on my back I don't like confrontation. Just sucks that HR and management are forcing me to go this route. I'm not 100% sure he has got his 30 days yet. I don't know if he started driving before the peak season date cut off. There's a lot of unknowns so I'm weary of filing the grievance and making an ass out of myself and starting :censored2: with my on road managers. I have to work with these people for the rest of my career.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Did you both sign the same bid sheet?
If you are concerned about making management mad at you ,and having a target on your back, or are you more concerned with exercising your contractual senority rights. If you won't fight and stand up for your rights don't expect the union to do it for you. They are there to help you , not breastfeed you

Stan The Legend

I'm not sure if we both signed the same bid sheet, I know I have signed them all I would imagine he did too. I'm going to stand up for myself as I said before it sucks that my HR dept is such a mess and management shows favoritism. I understand that's how life goes sometimes, I run a small biz and worked preload so when I got cut in the am I hauled ass to go start my day. This guy was in the HR office daily apparently, squeaky wheel gets greased type of situation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FC33F8D5-DEED-44E2-AB0C-97C31BA8F549.gif
No tickets no disqualifications I've talked to my shop steward, he suggested I file the grievance. I don't want to paint a target on my back I don't like confrontation. Just sucks that HR and management are forcing me to go this route. I'm not 100% sure he has got his 30 days yet. I don't know if he started driving before the peak season date cut off. There's a lot of unknowns so I'm weary of filing the grievance and making an ass out of myself and starting :censored2: with my on road managers. I have to work with these people for the rest of my career.

Just another sheep

Wants to bitch but , has no intentions of doing anything about it

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Did you both sign the same bid sheet?
If you are concerned about making management mad at you ,and having a target on your back, or are you more concerned with exercising your contractual senority rights. If you won't fight and stand up for your rights don't expect the union to do it for you. They are there to help you , not breastfeed you

07463c833a81d96ae735a71ddc23e7ac--breast-feeding-so-funny.jpg

Faceplanted

"Target on my back".

I love people like you in my center. My managment doesn't even talk to me any more, instead they harass your kind every day and have you guys running around helping everybody while you skip your lunch.

Stan The Legend

Damn all you miserable :censored2:s are the reason I don't let ups get into my head so deep. Just wanted some advice and all you can do is throw insults out there. Good luck in life keep your negativity I'll take the high road and sleep next to my hot wife at night, when I'm sure the majority of you are divorced just like all the other cuckservatives I work with. Either way I'm makin $30 an hour just like you goin full time soon with a positive outlook on life. I think this thread is as dead as your souls, oh I forgot to say think about your ex wife getting pummeled by her new man while she takes 30% of your chk :)

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Damn all you miserable :censored2:s are the reason I don't let ups get into my head so deep. Just wanted some advice and all you can do is throw insults out there. Good luck in life keep your negativity I'll take the high road and sleep next to my hot wife at night, when I'm sure the majority of you are divorced just like all the other cuckservatives I work with. Either way I'm makin $30 an hour just like you goin full time soon with a positive outlook on life. I think this thread is as dead as your souls, oh I forgot to say think about your ex wife getting pummeled by her new man while she takes 30% of your chk :)

Has anyone else noticed the new trend of posters telling us how hot their wife or gf is? I mean really this is a anonymous website. Your wife could be a damn sea donkey for all we know.

I also like how the guy that's afraid to put a target on his back and says he doesn't like " confrontation" is calling other people cuckservatives.

Good luck man. I hope you find your balls one day. I recommend looking in your sea donkey wife's purse.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
No one here has anything invested in your career more than you do, hence the tough love. You have to make a tough choice. Either stand up and accept that there might be a target on you for filing, or accept whatever happens with a grain of salt.

Your steward has advised you and only you can decide what to do.

If, all things are equal between you and their first pick there was a reason, it's not a mistake in mgmt's eyes.

The contract protects those who are willing to assert the rights it contains and those who don't are left with whatever mgmt chooses for them.

Consider, while deciding that IF the other driver succeeds the training and goes on road FT, you will have little recourse by then as the window for grieving will close. He will be ahead of you for route bidding, vacation choosing, holiday and optional days etc etc.

Choose wisely as this will last for the rest of your career.

Stan The Legend

Dude I couldn't care less what any of you think, I remember learning when I was a kid that if you don't have anything useful to say then shut the :censored2: up. Think about it your on brown Café trolling a thread someone started in order to get useful info. Get a :censored2:in life, I haven't read any threads so I don't see any trends at all. I see all the miserable dudes I work with that are paying child support an alamony because they have the same :censored2:ty outlook and attitude in life as most of you do. He isn't full time I found out he is a cover driver so when full time comes I have building seniority over him anyway. Anyway enjoy your weekend guys, thanks for the people who actually tried to help as for the rest of you ✌oh and my wife actually is hot with a fat ass and nice big titties ;)

542thruNthru

Dude I couldn't care less what any of you think, I remember learning when I was a kid that if you don't have anything useful to say then shut the :censored2: up. Think about it your on brown Café trolling a thread someone started in order to get useful info. Get a :censored2:in life, I haven't read any threads so I don't see any trends at all. I see all the miserable dudes I work with that are paying child support an alamony because they have the same :censored2:ty outlook and attitude in life as most of you do. He isn't full time I found out he is a cover driver so when full time comes I have building seniority over him anyway. Anyway enjoy your weekend guys, thanks for the people who actually tried to help as for the rest of you ✌oh and my wife actually is hot with a fat ass and nice big titties ;)

Judging by this post I'd have to say you didn't retain that lesson.

Good luck pal.