Need help on this issue, Sleeper team delay.

Themanthatdid

A temporary sleeper team driver I drove with asked for a Hotel which was stupid. We were stuck on I-80. Granted he drove to a hotel anyway on snow and ice after I told him it’s best we stay in the truck. He Told the supervisor we were at a hotel. We waited in a hotel for 59 hours, first 8 I know we won’t get paid. Did we just lost out on that straight pay delay time? I was looking at article 43 section 9. But the language in the contract is very hard to understand on this specific matter. I’m in the southern part of the United States.

brett636

It’s my understanding that the first eight hours in a hotel is unpaid, but I believe after that it is paid time. I have not been put up in a hotel in sleepers so so cannot say with certainty. We got stuck in Wyoming in February of 2021 for 36 hours, but stayed in the truck and was paid for all time sitting.

Themanthatdid

It’s my understanding that the first eight hours in a hotel is unpaid, but I believe after that it is paid time. I have not been put up in a hotel in sleepers so so cannot say with certainty. We got stuck in Wyoming in February of 2021 for 36 hours, but stayed in the truck and was paid for all time sitting.
Understandable, multiple union reps don’t know much about this either. I even heard that if you stay in a hotel, you only get compensated your 8 hour guarantee at your hourly rate and that’s it.