Need help with damaged package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
$947.19 was the value of the package. I’m currently waiting on a callback from UPS. He told me the claim was approved and the seller has been paid. To be pulled in to this crap because of the seller really pisses me off. On top of that having to wait for all this just to get my money back has been a lesson learned. In case you wanna see how the package arrived... I wasn’t home, but the package was given to my sister who just accepted it. If I would’ve been home I wouldn’t have accepted it in the shape it came in.

I'm surprised we paid the claim. That looks like a "well used" box they shipped it in, and if it was packed properly, I don't see how the corner could have sustained damage like this from shipping?

Screenshot_4.jpg

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Hello,

I recently purchased a MacBook from Swappa and the seller shipped it through UPS. The item ended up being damaged and the seller had insurance for the package. I ended up checking up with UPS on a weekly basis and was told since the seller had insurance, I could not get my refund through PayPal until the insurance process is cleared. They just passed the claim after I provided evidence of the item arriving damaged. He just got paid this past Tuesday and now told PayPal he will not refund me until he receives his item back. I was told by UPS that they would send a salvage tag and pick up the item. He made it clear that this will not go back to the seller. Can someone please clarify this for me? I'm extremely skeptical on behalf of the entire situation and feel I was baited into this entire mess. I understand the damage item is his, but my worry is that UPS never told me to return the item to the seller.

Any advice is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance
If he has been paid by UPS, it is their property. Send it back with the salvage tag, get the tracking number, paypal will refund you the payment. If you used a credit card, do a charge back. Save any and all emails and documentation.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
$947.19 was the value of the package. I’m currently waiting on a callback from UPS. He told me the claim was approved and the seller has been paid. To be pulled in to this crap because of the seller really pisses me off. On top of that having to wait for all this just to get my money back has been a lesson learned. In case you wanna see how the package arrived... I wasn’t home, but the package was given to my sister who just accepted it. If I would’ve been home I wouldn’t have accepted it in the shape it came in.
Couldn’t of been through ups. There’s added tape on that box. No loader tapes opened boxes that is only a myth

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow, hope that ebay seller imposed a direct signature required... and hopefully stated and paid the proper insurance for it.

Yeah , I wouldn't wait any longer for a refund.

Return that asap

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Wow, hope that ebay seller imposed a direct signature required... and hopefully stated and paid the proper insurance for it.

Yeah , I wouldn't wait any longer for a refund.

Return that asap
We are not requiring signatures during the pandemic. You?

Est.1998

Couldn’t of been through ups. There’s added tape on that box. No loader tapes opened boxes that is only a myth
Lol loaders might not but most drivers will.
I hate delivering open boxes.
I have 3 tape guns in my pc.
One in the front of the 1000 shelf,
one at the back of the 8000
and another at the back of the 6000.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Pretty sure if UPS pays a claim on a damaged package they bought it so they keep it. Sent to overgoods with the rest of the lost stuff or to the garbage.

I did returns on damaged items plenty of times. If the item didn't seem like it had any value, it would get trashed. If it was caught in-system, and there was some value to the package, we would file the damage report and send it on its way to the receiver with a note on the package that the report had been filed. I never sent a damaged item to overgoods. I don't think UPS pays claims directly, though I was never involved in that aspect. I can tell you, based on the questions we answered, that most damage claims were never paid, since almost no one packs their items properly.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Looks like they used one of those boxes that were dug up from the dumpster after already going around the world twice.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
TLDR

If you feel in any way shape or form like you have been scammed, you should dispute the charge on your credit/debit card or bank account if that's how you paid or via PayPal… UPS will ensure the parcel travels unmolested throughout their system. That is all. Anything else that occurs between you, swappa, etc. is simply a tracking number at United Parcel and not their responsibility or policy or procedure. Follow up with your bank, PayPal, swappa, etc. UPS is simply a means to the end result

OrioN

We are not requiring signatures during the pandemic. You?
Yeah, but in the signature screen I write c19, then type out the recipient's last name.

I bought a Garmin GPS unit on EBay. Poorly packed in a bubble envelope instead of a box. Arrived doa, immediately file for a refund.

Return label printed out, grabbed a USPS box and returned it.

Got my total refund back.

OrioN

Lol loaders might not but most drivers will.
I hate delivering open boxes.
I have 3 tape guns in my pc.
One in the front of the 1000 shelf,
one at the back of the 8000
and another at the back of the 6000.
I just need a roll of tape. Pull it tight and break the tension with a pen

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I did returns on damaged items plenty of times. If the item didn't seem like it had any value, it would get trashed. If it was caught in-system, and there was some value to the package, we would file the damage report and send it on its way to the receiver with a note on the package that the report had been filed. I never sent a damaged item to overgoods. I don't think UPS pays claims directly, though I was never involved in that aspect. I can tell you, based on the questions we answered, that most damage claims were never paid, since almost no one packs their items properly.
Is anything "properly packaged" today? In 1997 we netted a billion in revenue and paid a billion in claims. Today we net five times that (or more) and I doubt we pay a billion in claims because nothing is "properly packaged"...they say.

Is anything "properly packaged" today? In 1997 we netted a billion in revenue and paid a billion in claims. Today we net five times that (or more) and I doubt we pay a billion in claims because nothing is "properly packaged"...they say.
I had one of my customers send out a brand new laptop and it got damaged. UPS didn't pay a claim on it, saying it wasn't properly packed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Wow.

I'm surprised UPS would pay any claim on that.

1601640389511.png

That's not even a box.

The shipper "fashioned" it from something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.