Need help with stock (asap)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes, but how many can you buy at a discount ?
None of the stocks I buy have restrictions on when I can sell, be it 5mins after I buy or 5 years. I can also sell them in two clicks of a mouse and have the money in my money market brokerage account in three days, available to be withdrawn.

upsman68

I have to convert mine and then I sold them online after they were converted. The money showed up in my account a few days later

Sent using BrownCafe App

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yes, but how many can you buy at a discount ?

You're not getting quite the discount you think you are. Watch and see what UPS does the day or two before your shares are purchased. That 5% discount becomes irrelevant when they buy back stock and drive up the price, thus lowering the number of shares you purchase.

Invest in your 401k, and find a "guy in the city".

Juniorssg

Have ya tried calling them and asking them all of these questions? All you need to do is go to the stock website, download the form for converting your available stock, fill out the form, and add a note saying "Please convert and sell all of the shares listed". They'll do everything for you and then mail you a check. You won't get it direct deposited like the dividends.
Do you think stocks will split

UPS4Life

Yes---stocks split all the time.
I was interested in this awhile ago and did some research and the "professionals" predicted if we hit 90$ it would split. Ha! They were wrong. As much as I would like it to split the patient side of me is hoping to contribute for another 10 years then split. Nobody knows though, I read before that our stock hasn't split since it's gone public.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS4Life

Splitting just gets you the same valuation, and less volatility, than if stock didn't split. Not a money maker.
Tell that to aapl 7-1 split and still going up. Gives the little guy like me a chance to get in. Yeah it's the same price but it looks better at 94$ than 700!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell that to aapl 7-1 split and still going up. Gives the little guy like me a chance to get in. Yeah it's the same price but it looks better at 94$ than 700!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Same here. I couldn't think of buying Apple at $700/share. After the split I bought 526 shares at. $95/share.

upschuck

Sent using BrownCafe App
You are still buying the same exact amount of the company, at the same valuation. You could start buying fractions of shares for a long time now.

UPS4Life

You are still buying the same exact amount of the company, at the same valuation. You could start buying fractions of shares for a long time now.
I just said you're buying the same price it just looks slot nicer after the split. Had it still been 700 some I wouldn't have invested. Who really wants to buy fractions of a share? My etrade account says it has to be whole shares too.

Sent using BrownCafe App