Need some advice- Fuel Card

Arcfyre

Fuel cards are issued to cars not people. The card should never leave the vehicle best place is to put it in the plastic hazmat pouch or in the registration holder. After you input the mileage you then enter last 6 numbers of your UPS ID number when asked for your ID...

IF you ID isn't working call your HR person and get it working.

I don't think you've grasped the subject of this post.

I know HOW to use a fuel card. Thanks for the input though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MethodsMan

Do not, by any means, follow the advice offered by Soberups or Camping Nana, especially considering that you are a newly-qualified driver.

I also work in a small center and we also fuel off-site. When we were first issued fuel cards we were told to carry them on our person. We ran in to some of the same problems that you described, such as the guys leaving them at home or misplacing them altogether. Our new center manager has since directed that they be kept in the cab of the pkg cars, which does make more sense. You are incorrect when you state the card can only be used once per day----this is simply not true.

Our center has one master card which can be used by any driver at any time. I would ask that they give you that card until such time as they are able to get you your own card. You are right in that you should be given the tools that you need to do the job----this includes your own fuel card.

You sure you don't fuel up out of your own pocket?

jaker

trolling
Let me say this since it hasn't been said stop using that card that you have memorize if a issue ever comes up and you used that card without the card on your person you will be fired for theft

jaker

trolling
At our hub the diesel trucks can fill up at the yard , the gas trucks all have their own gas cards that are keep in the office and have to be checked out if you need gas in that truck

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Let me say this since it hasn't been said stop using that card that you have memorize if a issue ever comes up and you used that card without the card on your person you will be fired for theft
No he wont.

Records are kept of the time and amount used on the card.

Telematics would show that his package car was parked at the GPS coordinates of the gas station and that he was on the clock at the time the number got used, and since his management team has refused to issue him a card and instead given him vague instructions to somehow "make it work" he has been left with no other alternative.

If an issue ever came up it would be his management team who got in trouble because they are the ones that created the situation in the first place.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Do not, by any means, follow the advice offered by Soberups or Camping Nana, especially considering that you are a newly-qualified driver.

I also work in a small center and we also fuel off-site. When we were first issued fuel cards we were told to carry them on our person. We ran in to some of the same problems that you described, such as the guys leaving them at home or misplacing them altogether. Our new center manager has since directed that they be kept in the cab of the pkg cars, which does make more sense. You are incorrect when you state the card can only be used once per day----this is simply not true.

Our center has one master card which can be used by any driver at any time. I would ask that they give you that card until such time as they are able to get you your own card. You are right in that you should be given the tools that you need to do the job----this includes your own fuel card.

Good ole' Dave...Lies on his sales leads, RS3's, and Lord knows what else, giving advice on how to keep your job. Get fuggin' real.

Sent using a Potato

What'dyabringmetoday???

We have our own pumps but they are old and they chronically malfunction. I have to fuel every day, so on occasion when the pumps are broken or empty I have had to buy fuel at a station on route. If our center manager is in the office he/she will call the station and pay over the phone with a credit card; if he/she isn't then I go ahead and pay for it with my own credit card and get reimbursed the next day. Since my management team knows damn well that I would have absolutely no problem pulling over and calling in for a tow truck to bring me fuel, they don't jerk me around when it comes to getting reimbursed; all I do is leave the receipt on my center manager's desk that night and there is an envelope in my slot with cash money in it when I come to work the next morning. Simple solutions for simple problems.
Tough guy one minute and good ole boy the next. Thanks for all the laughs though. Lol.

jaker

trolling
No he wont.

Records are kept of the time and amount used on the card.

Telematics would show that his package car was parked at the GPS coordinates of the gas station and that he was on the clock at the time the number got used, and since his management team has refused to issue him a card and instead given him vague instructions to somehow "make it work" he has been left with no other alternative.

If an issue ever came up it would be his management team who got in trouble because they are the ones that created the situation in the first place.
Why won't he be fired , he used a card that was not issued to him or his truck and he didn't physically have the card on him

Would you be willing to risk your job on this. Remember this is ups he is stealing no matter how you want to put it since he doesn't actually have the card

JL 0513

Fuel cards are issued to cars not people.

Depends on the center. Like so many things with UPS, I wonder why there isn't a company wide policy.

In my current center, cards are signed out to drivers and turned in at the end of the day. Kinda a hassle. In my previous center, the cards were issued to PC's and were conveniently left in them.

Is it really that hard for a huge business to have a card for each vehicle? Aren't they issued by the creditor free of charge? It only benefits the creditor to have more cards being used.

Ouch

I wouldn't under any circumstance continue to use that number manually keyed in. Run out of gas if you must and sit there and get paid. You are asking for termination by using that card number without physically possessing it. It's not your problem. It will not take but maybe 2 times you running out of fuel before your center manager makes the right call. They will not care what your explanation is when a fuel discrepancy arrises.

S

selfcancelsignal

Feeling blessed that a 22.3 guy fuels our PC's every night when we get in after reading this thread. Only on long routes or Saturdays are the cards even needed, & each PC at our center has one in it. All it takes for use is your employee ID number. Once activated that is. Had to use said 22.3 guys' ID number a few times before I begged the night OMS guy to finally activate mine.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

soberups

Tough guy one minute and good ole boy the next. Thanks for all the laughs though. Lol.
There is a time and place to be cooperative and a time and place to be a hardass. Not everything at UPS has to be a battle. It might be different in other places but in my building getting reimbursed for fuel or parts has never been a problem.

soberups

Why won't he be fired , he used a card that was not issued to him or his truck and he didn't physically have the card on him

Would you be willing to risk your job on this. Remember this is ups he is stealing no matter how you want to put it since he doesn't actually have the card

How is it stealing if he is putting the fuel in a UPS vehicle?

His management team wont give him a card and they told him to "make it work" so that is what he is doing. I agree it is stupid and bass-ackwards, but it sure as hell isn't stealing.

To avoid this problem all cards should stay in the vehicle at all times. A center I worked does it, and I've never heard of any problems. Now, however, another center I've worked in didn't, and there were problems like not enough cards for everyone. They used to, but the drivers weren't smart enough to keep them in the cars.

His management team wont give him a card and they told him to "make it work" so that is what he is doing. I agree it is stupid and bass-ackwards, but it sure as hell isn't stealing.
You's gotta do what you's gotta do. Totally legit, not preferred, but legit.

jaker

trolling

If you deliver a prerecord pkg and stop complete it later are you doing anything bad , I mean you did your job by delivering it so there should be no issue right

If a OMS told you to change a stop in the board that wasn't right would you

So if you use a gas card without having it on your person are you doing anything bad

I can't believe I am having this conversation with you about this , you have been at this company long enough to know if they want to screw him on the gas card they can