Need some help...being forced onto new route.

Hey guys I've started the grievance process on this topic and I need some help on what article(s) to reference when filling out the initial paperwork. Thanks in advance

So a cover driver can choose what routes he covers? He doesn't just have to accept whatever route he is asked to do? What's the flip side? (And I thought the bid from top, force from bottom was about working, i.e. on a holiday when we normally don't work, not on where we work if we were going to work anyway).

Learning something new...maybe I don't have to be so worried after all in becoming a cover driver (worried about being forced onto ugly routes with small streets and cars of those who cannot park in entirely non-DR areas). This is why i come here....
Contract states that drivers with 2 years or less have to work on holidays if need.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So a cover driver can choose what routes he covers? He doesn't just have to accept whatever route he is asked to do? What's the flip side? (And I thought the bid from top, force from bottom was about working, i.e. on a holiday when we normally don't work, not on where we work if we were going to work anyway).

Learning something new...maybe I don't have to be so worried after all in becoming a cover driver (worried about being forced onto ugly routes with small streets and cars of those who cannot park in entirely non-DR areas). This is why i come here....

There's a difference in bid coverage jobs and just casual coverage jobs. All supplements may not have them but here we call them X men or X coverage drivers. You have the right to bid on vacation routes. You give up your right to get a 4th move giveaway though.

This is something the OP needs to look into. If he an X man he isn't web eligible to have this route given to him.