Need some help/hope

memer921

I was let go today for what they are calling “dishonesty on my time card”.

Here’s why.

I start at 22:45 at night, go to Toledo, from there to lansing center, then bobtail to lansing airport. I park in a parking lot 500 feet from the gateway, and take my meal, this is around 3am, to 4am, depending on whether I get out of home base or toledo on time. I do this there so I’m not disturbed during my meal. They would constantly pester me during my break to try and get me to do work if I took my break inside the airport gate. The jets get down around 5am or later, and there is no work to be done except maybe air up a trailer for the rollers. Which I do when I roll in. And I enter the gate when the jets get down.

What I’ve been doing is my arrival and going into shift com (even though I don’t shift, but was told to do this) after my meal. This is where they are having the issue. Even though I’m 500 feet away from the gate, and the guys there have my number if the actually needed me to do something. But they are saying I was being dishonest when I did my arrival where I was. I didn’t think or believe it was an issue, I’m either in shiftcom inside the gate doing nothing or where I parked for my break 500 feet doing nothing.

they have apparently thought this was an issue for a while now (don’t know exactly how long) and never said anything to me about it till being fired.

I do plan to fight this and am going through the grievance process. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get my job back? And if I do, will I be able to use my seniority to get my run back as well?

I know of other feeder drivers that have done far worse and got their job back, so that gives me some hope. The timing of this just sucks as I’m about 3 weeks away from the north of my first child. So losing my benefits right now kind really sucks. Unless I can still pay for em

I do have to add, this does not affect how long my day is at all as i don’t leave the airport until my trailer is loaded, around 6am.

sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You will get your job and your run back. You might sit out for a few weeks, but you will be back with back pay and no lapse in insurance coverage. I'm sorry ups sucks so bad sometimes, but stay strong brother!

memer921

You will get your job and your run back. You might sit out for a few weeks, but you will be back with back pay and no lapse in insurance coverage. I'm sorry ups sucks so bad sometimes, but stay strong brother!
Do you really believe that?

The more I sit here and think about it all, the more I honestly get worried. I’ve never been in this situation before.
Appreciate your response’s

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Sounds like you made someone mad and they are just trying to show their "power". Talk to your BA and if everything happened exactly as you said it did, you'll be back for sure with back pay.
On a side note, I never knew feeders had such dbag sups. Must be a newly promoted center manager trying to shine.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Do you really believe that?

The more I sit here and think about it all, the more I honestly get worried. I’ve never been in this situation before.
Appreciate your response’s
Going to work out itself one way or another. People have been fired for killing people and getting their job back. A year later of course, given the magnitude of the situation. He was at fault. Just remain honest and always have a steward there when you open your mouth to them.

WannaBeFeeder

Are you from GRAMi ? Because here they don’t give a rats azzss so many ppl have been fired for “ stealing time “ this year but I never see management get kicked for stealing time ...

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Are you from GRAMi ? Because here they don’t give a rats azzss so many ppl have been fired for “ stealing time “ this year but I never see management get kicked for stealing time ...
One did at my center. Rumor has it he was using company card for mistresses at hotels. Seems true because his wife divorced his a?? Used to tell people they would Never make it. HAA!

memer921

Yeah, and the funny thing is, I wasn’t stealing time. already did my meal and break, so no matter how that hour That I’m doing nothing until the jets get down is coded, wether I’m in the gateway or 500 feet away, I’m still getting paid either way.

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense to me. Like, did they actually want me to do something and instead of The airport calling me, or management seeing I was 500 feet away, instead of management giving me a warning (verbal or written) or someone saying “hey!! Don’t do that part there, go INSIDE the gate and code it there”, they went straight to fired. Makes me sense. Only thing that does is someone higher up has something against me.

quad decade guy

I was let go today for what they are calling “dishonesty on my time card”.

Here’s why.

I start at 22:45 at night, go to Toledo, from there to lansing center, then bobtail to lansing airport. I park in a parking lot 500 feet from the gateway, and take my meal, this is around 3am, to 4am, depending on whether I get out of home base or toledo on time. I do this there so I’m not disturbed during my meal. They would constantly pester me during my break to try and get me to do work if I took my break inside the airport gate. The jets get down around 5am or later, and there is no work to be done except maybe air up a trailer for the rollers. Which I do when I roll in. And I enter the gate when the jets get down.

What I’ve been doing is my arrival and going into shift com (even though I don’t shift, but was told to do this) after my meal. This is where they are having the issue. Even though I’m 500 feet away from the gate, and the guys there have my number if the actually needed me to do something. But they are saying I was being dishonest when I did my arrival where I was. I didn’t think or believe it was an issue, I’m either in shiftcom inside the gate doing nothing or where I parked for my break 500 feet doing nothing.

they have apparently thought this was an issue for a while now (don’t know exactly how long) and never said anything to me about it till being fired.

I do plan to fight this and am going through the grievance process. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get my job back? And if I do, will I be able to use my seniority to get my run back as well?

I know of other feeder drivers that have done far worse and got their job back, so that gives me some hope. The timing of this just sucks as I’m about 3 weeks away from the north of my first child. So losing my benefits right now kind really sucks. Unless I can still pay for em

I do have to add, this does not affect how long my day is at all as i don’t leave the airport until my trailer is loaded, around 6am.

sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Either you are on the clock or not on property or not. So, that's pretty clear. After meal you are on the clock and available to work as directed. I'm assuming. Supposed to be....seems to me you can stop short of property and take meal then make yourself available as long as you don't have hot loads.

memer921

Either you are on the clock or not on property or not. So, that's pretty clear. After meal you are on the clock and available to work as directed. I'm assuming. Supposed to be....seems to me you can stop short of property and take meal then make yourself available as long as you don't have hot loads.
Yeah loads ate not hot, as stated I go in when the jets are down, typically don’t leave till an hour after that. Depends on how fast they unload the cans. Sometimes it takes longer.

As far as work directed, there was never work to do except helping move or check cans that came off the jets. Maybe add air to a trailer but that takes less than a minute to do.

memer921

Sounds like you made someone mad and they are just trying to show their "power". Talk to your BA and if everything happened exactly as you said it did, you'll be back for sure with back pay.
On a side note, I never knew feeders had such dbag sups. Must be a newly promoted center manager trying to shine.
We do have a new region SUP.

quad decade guy

Yeah loads ate not hot, as stated I go in when the jets are down, typically don’t leave till an hour after that. Depends on how fast they unload the cans. Sometimes it takes longer.

As far as work directed, there was never work to do except helping move or check cans that came off the jets. Maybe add air to a trailer but that takes less than a minute to do.
Well....if you would have just stopped for meal off property then ta'ed On property you'd been fine. They have a point and proof...gps. Job back? Depends. Sounds like you made someone angry with that pestering stuff. As far as seniority, won't lose any. Will go back to that job. Like nothing happened.

memer921

243FF3A2-66FA-437D-911C-2A769FA2EE14.jpeg

Any electronic means of tracking cannot be used in any part of a determination for discharge. Says it right in the contract.
And I definitely wasn’t trying to defraud the company. Was not making any more money then if I were simply 500 feet elsewhere. Which in the future I know what to do. Just wish someone had printed out that what I was doing was an issue. Honestly didn’t think it was since I was AT the airport.

memer921

37 is supervisors handling packages outside of a jam, and 20 is no nametag
I’d rather just file a grievance and not talk to anyone or raise any fuss when I get back to work. If it’s not work related or pertaining to my loads, I’m not talking to anyone anymore. Gonna go in, do what I am supposed to, how I’m supposed to as well as when and where. That way no issues.